AT&T

5,933 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,758 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty impressive for the amount of work that's required (in 305 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 157 reviews)

Cons
  • However what they don't advertise is the absolutely horrendous work/life balance (in 264 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 288 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Educational

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Jackson, MS

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

At first, I didn't really grasp importance of the all concepts that I was being taught, but now I realize that this company taught me the foundations of customer service which I carry with me today. I learned how to actively listen to others, ask the right questions, and problem solve issues-all skills that I successfully apply to every job that I have had since. While working in customer didn't work out for me, I am truly appreciative of the foundation that I was given.

Cons

Lack room for advancement at the location where I worked.

Offer more chances for advancement.

A great company to work for

Current Employee - Manager Relief in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Manager Relief in Jackson, MS

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

benefits, pay, advancement, co-workers, reinbursement

Cons

set schdules, more workers, time comsuming

34 years of serving customers from Residential to Signature Business accounts.

Current Employee - ABS Service Executive in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - ABS Service Executive in Jackson, MS

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I like working from home. I enjoy the insurance benefits, 401 K savings plan and pension.

Cons

It is a global network and at times it's difficult to serve my customers in timely manner because of processes.

Be consciensous not only of your employees, but to your customers also when reducing head count and moving jobs badged to non-badged personnel. It gives a false sense of business savvy.

Good pay but terrible working environment. Very stressful.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jackson, MS

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Pay and benefits were great. My pay was $25.50 an hour. I was totally paid for with health insurance as was my son. I only paid about $63 every two weeks for my wife who was also working.

Cons

When AT&T bought Bellsouth they couldn't just fire the old employees so they doubled the quota. No matter what we did there was something they would always complain about.

Stop stabbing employees in the back. Stressing the employees so bad they have to be medicated will only bite you in the ass. Sooner or later someone is going to snap in an office. The payouts for personal injury lawsuits will negate any money you may be saving by trying to get rid of the older employees.