AT&T

5,705 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,647 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty impressive for the amount of work that's required (in 289 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 149 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 241 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 274 reviews)

More Highlights

24 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

AT&T was a GREAT place to work! I had a long and profitable career there.

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Salary and benefits were best in class. Employees jokingly refer to it as the job of the "Golden Handcuffs" because both are so good that you can't ever afford to move on.

Cons

As they continue moving toward their Wireless and Cloud-based future, many traditional wireline jobs are going away. And in this interim period of time "traditional" wireline employees are being asked to do more every day. Additionally, because ATT is a communications company, there is an expectation that you are ALWAYS available, even while on vacation. With a company-provided smartphone, employees are expected to be following email all evening, and on the weekends.

Disappointing.

Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pays decent.. But for the work it still doesn't seem worth it

Cons

The schedules were usually awful , The union folk acted like a bunch of tools from high school.

do more.

Mixed - hard to get promoted

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits, good training resources

Cons

Hard to get promoted from within

Need to hire more from within.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Account Representative  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits and 401k

Cons

Variable shifts based on seniority

Should treat employees like people and not robots. Sometimes expectations are set to high

AT&T Premise Media Consultant

Former Employee - Premise Account Representative  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Premise Account Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent money potential - if you can live with constant over the shoulder sub-managers (some are decent... all are brown-nosers)

Cons

1) Extremely poor training; not related at all to most of what the job entails
    2) Petty, dinosaur-style sub-managers concerned only about the commands given each day so they can pass them on to you, i.e., why didn't you get those 18 things done? I told you about them this morning!
    3) "New" software micro-micro-micro management that literally has some brown-nosing managers calling/texting reps every 15 minutes.... where are you? Did you sell more print? Why not? They can't face the fact that there's this new media called internet

Have guts enough to tell national trainers what is really needed-- like how to work the software that literally drives everything we needed for clients. Allow time to actually present media campaign plans that will benefit the client... then retention will improve; sales increase

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Retail Account Executive  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Retail Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

My wife and I both worked for AT&T. It has some of the best benefits, pay, and discounts as you would imagine for a Fortune 100 company. Endless opportunities for advancement.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about the company. I guess the turnover can be high on the retail side, but that's retail regardless of what company.

Enjoyable people working to transform the company.

Former Employee - Mobility Applications Consultant  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Mobility Applications Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility given to time and location of work.

Cons

The industry is attempting to transform from a bandwidth provider to service provider.

Increase intellectual property by owning software and services for end to end mobile computing.

AT&T was a very diverse and enjoyable atmosphere.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

AT&T offered good pay, benefits and opportunities. The Company always provided ample training and human resources available when requested.

Cons

Some of the work requirements focused more on quantity than quality a far as helping customers goes, even though management professed to be interested in quality.

very demanding job.

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

steady employment , rate of pay , vacation time off is satisfactory , coworkers are good to work with

Cons

micro managed. discouraged to "think outside the box." must follow structured work plan

show more trust in your employees

Used to be a good job, going downhill fast. The way they treat their employees is awful and borderline ILLEGAL

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Money. The company pays double what an average customer service representative generally makes in this industry. Benefits are ok, used to be free, monthly premiums keep going up every year.

Cons

AT&T used to be a company to be proud to work for. Honestly, these days I am ashamed to say I work for them. In the past 3-4 years the company's greed has taken over completely. We were told a few years ago that the company was going to bring outsourced jobs back to the US. They did, however they are now "insourcing" those job to low wage,vendor companies like USA 800 for example. Also dosent help that they hold us to ridiculous out of reach sales goals, while we spend most days for 8+ hours fixing messes that these vendors and strictly commissioned service reps have created and calming down customers that have been lied to repeatedly and promised things that simply do not exist. And we are expected to sell these people more products and make sure that they are very satisfied at the end of the call. I once received a ry dissatisfied survey from a customer who had problems from the month before with a man who had lied to her and promised her things that were just not true. She was upset, gave me a negative rating on the survey 24hours later and even left a 5 minute long rant about the man she spoke to the previous month. My manager listened to the call and said id don't nothing wrong, but I should have tried to offer her a cell phone and maybe some Uverse. I was still held accountable for the negative survey.

Put yourselves in your employees shoes. Intimitdation and scare tactics that you may lose your job if you don't meet their ridiculous sales goals do not work. It only creates low morale. Quit hiring from the bottom of the barrel and stop shoving products down your customers throats. They already know about them and it does nothing but tick them off.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!