AT&T Reviews

4.0
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
1 Rating

Pros
  • Good (but not great) pay and benefits (in 316 reviews)

• Good work life balance (varies by specific department) (in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • They also make it nearly impossible to have a good work/life balance (in 275 reviews)

• Upper management will pull the layoff trigger at any given moment (in 294 reviews)

1. I never thought I would leave...

Former Employee - Retail Account Executive in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Retail Account Executive in Lexington, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people who I worked with.

Cons

The customers I had to deal with.

2. Fairly good job

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington, KY

I have been working at AT&T part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay for full time and part time are very reasonable. Pretty enjoyable work environment. They do provide decent benefits - Insurance, 401K, etc. Bonuses are nice, and you get paid out, at least a little bit, even if you do not hit 100% of your goals. Discounts on service and certain products. Great work/life balance, especially if you are in school/taking classes.

Cons

Insurance does not kick in until after 6 months, and the only way to apply for it is to pay a whopping 500 dollars per month when hired. I believe you can call to have your benefits applied and paid for after 6 months, but it was a hassle (for me anyway) and I will wait until open enrollment. Some sales goals are ridiculous to hit, you really have to push, work hard, and convince customers that they will love/need/want these products. And as with any retail job, you have to deal with the rude/unhappy customers on a daily basis.

3. Decent plae to work

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington, KY

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Free Smart Phone and no cell phone bill. Good pay for what you do. AT&T leader is one of the in wireless technologies. Good benefits for person who does not have a family. Good place to make 40K plus. Part-time 35K. Good job security

Cons

Long hours, Union member for some position. It’s hard to get a day off when needed without advance notice, sometimes you are treated like crap by customers. Commissions’ have dropped every 6 months. Goals have raised higher and higher.

Advice to Management

Getting communication right. There is always a different rule at a different location. Getting away from the union (at some positions). understanding people that need off work on short notice. Making commissions better.

Showing 3 of 7,975 reviews