AT&T

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

136 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

overall okay experience

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Prosthe pay is good and so are the perks of working there. had the chance to meet a lot of different customers in different professional fields.

Consmanagers are constantly on your case for what seems like the smallest things. you also have to attend really early morning meetings.

Advice to Senior Managementlay back a little

Better than you think with lots of opportunity if you're willing to be flexible...

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Anaheim, CA

ProsGood pay, good benefits and time off, great place to learn about telecom and technology

ConsWith large companies you don't always get rewarded for your work, office politics but that is everywhere

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize the skills of your people and believe in them, when hiring - consider former employees as well

No Time Off

Premesis Technician (Former Employee)
    Canoga Park, CA

ProsUnion job, very good pay for the industry.

ConsNo Work/Life balance. Inconsistent days off, have to work weeks at a time before you get 2 days off in a row. Local management judst wants productivity, NOT quality!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    Anaheim, CA

ProsCan move up if motivated and willing to move

Consvery few negatives with ATT

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building the business.....buy direct tv

Flag Review
    AT&T Talent Acquisition responded to this review May 14, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your feedback and willingness to recommend employment at AT&T to a friend!

My 32 years working for AT&T were a satisfying and enriching experience.

Network Planner (Former Employee)
    Alhambra, CA

ProsAT&T provides good benefits for their employees, and the office culture is comfortable and non-threatening (ie, no bullying)

ConsMuch of the training is on-the-job, with a peer who already has more than enough work to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide appropriate training, value an individuals creativity, and don't thwart their imagination.

Flag Review
    AT&T Talent Acquisition responded to this review May 14, 2014 EditDelete

Glad I got out now

Customer Service Technician (Former Employee)
    Canoga Park, CA

ProsI worked here for the better part of 20 years. The only reason I stuck around for that long was because the pay was so good. I took night classes at Pierce College (a 2-yr) and Cal St. Northridge (4-yr) before calling it quits. The only reason I stayed so long was the money.

ConsStaying motivated in the face of stupidity. Management is simply a roadblock to progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some backbone when making gutsy calls. Don't be afraid to lead. Listen to what goes on at the lower levels, you know, from the people who actually make contact with the customers and are on the front lines. Just because you've had a nice cozy monopoly for the last 100 years doesn't mean you can sit back and not invest in the infrastructure today. Glad I'm out before Google Fiber comes to town.

at&t is good for a minute, then it only gets worse

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

Prosperks for sure: you get a decent pay... i started at 12.75 and left the company at 16.00 plus commission.
    you get a company phone usually the latest device but there are restrictions
    you around technology and thats always fun
    and its union.. but thats a joke sometimes too..

ConsTHIS is a SUPER sales job!
    TONS of stress, managers always yelling at you
    and always something new as your sales goal so you never get strong at anything in particular because it is always shifting.
    oh an your commission plan is always getting twisted and you keep earning less money.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees and actually treat us like human beings, not sales machines...

Good pay but stressful

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood pay for retail and excellent benifits. Always up to date on the newest technology. Training isn't terrible. Meet new and interesting people daily.

ConsLots of office politics. Managers can be a nightmare at times. Upper management is pretty disconnected from the front line. Can be hard to meet their expectations which changes daily

Advice to Senior ManagementSet realistic goals. Try to encourage positively as apposed to threatening. There has to be a balance

Great Experience

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsI learned a lot working for AT&T as they use the latest and greatest technology available in the market. Compensation and other benefits were good. Being part of a big team helped me learn something new everyday.

ConsThere were no growth opportunities with in the team and was very difficult to move to a different team. There were very little career advancement opportunities.

Good job to have but they wont have ur back if u need them to.

Credit & Activations Representative (Former Employee)
    Cerritos, CA

Prosthe pay is good .... raises every 6 months and when the union redoes the contract every 2 years

Consunreal goals are set where the work clearly makes it almost impossible to reach unless you blow thru every call for the sake of stats .

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and actually respond with an action when the phone reps say there is a continuous problem with policies that interfere with being able to completely service the agents in the store, And understand that the people working for your company have families that they are taking care of while trying to make a living .... and stop disciplining employees without Union Representation.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson. All 136 reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees.