AT&T

Updated Jul 2, 2014

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company to work for

Customer Assistant (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsGreat benefits and time off. Flexible scheduling. Employee discounts. Comfortable working environment

ConsLarge company. Employees sometimes feel that their requests or opinions are not heard or taken seriously.

Great experience..would for for them again !!!

SBC Internet Service Department Help Desk (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsThey were very fair in the way they treated all their employees. I worked in technical support department, their human resources was excellent, they had many great supervisors and managers. They made sure employees had many opportunities to learn from, and helped anyone wanting to get the the next level in employment.

ConsMany times various jobs are very repetitious and can tend to become boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, they normally just want to be heard, but follow up and action regarding issues is always necessary.

This is the review of the Company.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsThey are an organization that provides excellent training and has a history of success in the field.

ConsThere have been major changes within the industry that are creating a need for major adjustments in their business model.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by inspiration.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have really enjoyed my time so far with AT&T, it's a solid company with great leadership.

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsGreat pay, raises twice a year, good commission structure, great co-workers

ConsDecent amount of service visits in retail store

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to think of creative ways to motivate sellers

Retail sales consultant

Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsFor not having a college degree the pay is great. You get two raises per year plus commission. The medical benefits are the best I have seen.

ConsThere is very little opportunity for advancement. Personal quotas involve balancing twenty different goals which change in importance monthly.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelope your management teams to have stress management skills. During my time at AT&T, I have worked for highly motivating managers and very demoralizing managers. Ultimately, their personal stress management skills had the greatest influence on the effectiveness of their sales teams.

att

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

Prosbenefits, pay is ok, not much else to say that is ok

Conspeople leave departments and they dont refill the positions. people are stuck in their current positions. picky management.

Advice to Senior Managementopen more jobs instead of making us stuck in our current positions. need to open more repair jobs

Stressful & Not worth the money

Tier I Tech Support/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsThe people I worked with were super dope. It was like a family with a lot of the folks, which helped a ton when things got really nuts. And honestly, that's about it.

ConsThe supervisors were inexperienced at technical support so they could never answer any questions or assist when we had sticky situations. They were too busy pretending to do work while listening to jazz music in their cubicle.
    We were always, always, always, everyday in code red with a ton of calls backed up in the que. Stop trying to under staff when you have so many customers and so many issues. Overtime is required sometimes but when it's an every week occurrence- it's ridiculous.
    The micro-management is obnoxious.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are so many things wrong I don't know where to start. How about making sure your upper managers aren't having inappropriate relationships with other employees? Maybe train and equip your management staff to effectively so their jobs or hire someone who knows what they're doing in the first place? Get some integrity. CEOS need to stop taking big bonuses EVERY year and then paying phone reps pennies while you increase their duties. How about treat your staff like the important people they are. The people who deal with and keep your customers with the company, and your company running. Do that, and I think you might be a somewhat decent company.

good overall

Electronics Tech (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

Prospay and benefits. lots of opportunity if you are willing to move .

Consno support from managment. lots of red tape.

Advice to Senior Managementcreate a more professional atmosphere. stop treating employees like kids

Thought id be set working here....I was wrong

Premesis Technician (Current Employee)

ProsIt is a job atleast

ConsBig brother at its best....pay sucks

Advice to Senior ManagementPay raise

hate it

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsJob was great in the beginning, good pay, great hours, good benefits. But money isnt always everything especially when you work here

Consmanagement is always done on you unreachable sales goals caps on commission and ever changing base of products with minimal training after first year

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T reviews and ratings in Louisville, KY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees.