AT&T

6,225 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,912 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty impressive for the amount of work that's required (in 316 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • However what they don't advertise is the absolutely horrendous work/life balance (in 275 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 294 reviews)

More Highlights

Customer Information

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is great, benefits are great, co workers

Cons

management, micromanagement, work home life balance could be better

Awesome! Very positive

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1 of the best things about AT&T is the training you receive as a New Hire. The company sends you to a designated location for a month's worth of training. They teach you the basics of sales and how to maximize your customers in-store experiences. While at training if it is necessary, they will pay to put you in a hotel, give you an American Express card for daily meals and reimburse you for any travel expenses in a very timely manor. The training you receive is top of the line.

Next, lets talk pay. At&t pays their employees extremely well. With a base salary with paid overtime and full benefits and a compensation program, you won't want to leave the company just for that reason. They take care of their employees for the time you spend with them.

Room for advancement. At AT&T moving up is a breeze if your motivated and a hard working individual. My current assistant store manager has only been with the company 10 months and is already looking at becoming a small business rep.

Cons

The work and life balance. The hours are long and tiring to the point were when you get home all you want to do is sleep and on your days off as well.

Customers you have to deal with and the ability for a sales rep to control the interaction . That is one of the biggest complaint I have about the company. A lot of times customers come into the store hot and as sales reps we don't have the discretion or ability to waive ridiculous fees or fix issues. Everything seems like it has to be refereed to customer care which makes for a bad customer experience in store.

Let your team members know you appreciate their hard work and dedication and with out them, they wouldn't have customers.

Changing the environment of cellular companies.

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very cutting edge corporation with a renewed focus on customer satisfaction. I was a former disgruntled customer who found that the changes and new direction are beyond refreshing.

Cons

A great deal of people taking surveys are unaware of the impact of a "middle score" on an individual. While they believe it will change the big corporation to their advantage, all it really does is hurt the last person who actually helped them.

Place a little less power on the surveys of the so-called customer. It creates a disadvantage to the employee who really cares and handles the issues.

My experience

Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Huntsville, AL

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay. You are compensated very well. Hourly is very competitive with other retail jobs in the area, but the bonus is that you also get commission on top of it. I knew coworkers that made around 70k+ a year. That's really good for a non management retail position.

Cons

Bad hours if you have a family. To make good commission you HAVE to work nights and weekends. Constant pressure to make sales quotas. Some managers force you to bend selling rules in order to make quotas. I ultimately left the company because I was not comfortable treating customers the way I was being asked to do. It's all about hitting quota.

Care about customers.

Extremely stressful due to constant changes in policy and procedures.

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Dayton, OH

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Store employees, co-workers are fun to work with, pay is great. Receive medical, dental and vision benefits, 401 (k), pension

Cons

Minute to minute changes in policy and procedures. Management is nothing but puppets on a string and bobbleheads

Get new management from very top down.

great job!

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

way to make great money and grow

Cons

none at the current moment

AT&T Mobility is a great place to work

Current Employee - Virtual Mobile Applications Consultant
    Current Employee - Virtual Mobile Applications Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Rapidly changing, fast paced work environment, with the right amount of training to help you be successful at what you do.

Cons

As the business constantly changes, your job can become quickly outdated. Because the company is so large, there really isn't a whole lot of bond between employees.

Very Political.

Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Steady pay and benefits. Always learning. Can increase your income if you work hard.

Cons

Abusive, inept managers at some locations.

Fire managers that lack integrity.

Rethink possible

Current Employee - Wire Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Wire Technician in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Decent pay ($12-20/hr). Decent benefits, 90% insurance after deductible, 50% off AT&T services.

Cons

Work/Life balance, no family life, only one Saturday off a month. Schedule is always changing.

Being a manager is about balance. Happy employees are productive employees. Documenting employee performance is a tool, not a weapon.

Good place

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good benefits, good pay for what you do..if you can handle quotas then you will be fine

Cons

Pressure to sell items that aren't benefitial for a customer

Value the employees who help to pay the entire companies salaries