AT&T Reviews

3.3
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
3,643 Ratings

Pros
  • Good (but not great) pay and benefits (in 316 reviews)

• Good work life balance (varies by specific department) (in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • They also make it nearly impossible to have a good work/life balance (in 275 reviews)

• Upper management will pull the layoff trigger at any given moment (in 294 reviews)

8,065 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

Awesome! Very positive

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1 of the best things about AT&T is the training you receive as a New Hire. The company sends you to a designated location for a month's worth of training. They teach you the basics of sales and how to maximize your customers in-store experiences. While at training if it is necessary, they will pay to put you in a hotel, give you an American Express card for daily meals and reimburse you for any travel expenses in a very timely manor. The training you receive is top of the line. Next, lets talk pay. At&t pays their employees extremely well. With a base salary with paid overtime and full benefits and a compensation program, you won't want to leave the company just for that reason. They take care of their employees for the time you spend with them. Room for advancement. At AT&T moving up is a breeze if your motivated and a hard working individual. My current assistant store manager has only been with the company 10 months and is already looking at becoming a small business rep.

Cons

The work and life balance. The hours are long and tiring to the point were when you get home all you want to do is sleep and on your days off as well. Customers you have to deal with and the ability for a sales rep to control the interaction . That is one of the biggest complaint I have about the company. A lot of times customers come into the store hot and as sales reps we don't have the discretion or ability to waive ridiculous fees or fix issues. Everything seems like it has to be refereed to customer care which makes for a bad customer experience in store.

Advice to Management

Let your team members know you appreciate their hard work and dedication and with out them, they wouldn't have customers.

AT&T Response

Apr 8, 2015 – Talent Operations Manager

We pride ourselves on providing world class pay, benefits, training, and growth opportunities. Thank you for acknowledging one of the things we do well. But more importantly, thank you for your ... More

2. Telecommunications Technician

Former Employee - Communications Technician in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Communications Technician in San Diego, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits, great upgrade and transfer process, training is very good. It is a union job. If you have a good manager, you should be very happy working there.

Cons

Will have to work weekends and holidays. If you have a poor manager, you will have to wait a year or two before they are replaced. It is a union job, so poor performers are tolerated and paid the same as good ones.

Advice to Management

Seek employee feedback and work to make their job challenges easier.

3. Awesome

Current Employee - Leveraged Sales Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Leveraged Sales Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing job, wonderfull pay!

Cons

I would say the only thing that you wouldn't like is the hours. Lots of paid over time is not always an option

Advice to Management

When you get good sales it would be nice to win an extra break off the phone

5. Sr. QA Analyst

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

A diversity place to work and you up to date technology.

Cons

At the moment I have no cons

6. Great place to work

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong salary, Exciting work, Engaged leadership

Cons

No major concerns with company

Uverse Agent via Teleperformance

Current Employee - Teleperformance - Technical Support Agent in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Teleperformance - Technical Support Agent in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an outsources CSR, I always found a distinct difference in professionalism between those working for AT&T Corporate versus those of us in the call centers they hired. As a professional customer service rep myself, I have always been impressed with those individuals working directly for AT&T. Extremely willing to help and very professional. I would love to work for AT&T.

Cons

Because I was an outsourced Agent working for AT&T through Teleperformance, I felt my skills were unrecognized and unfulfilled by AT&T even though I branded their Company hundreds of times a week. Moreover, some of the call centers AT&T utilizes are out of the Country, and I found their level of customer care to dance from uncaring to not entirely ethical. This was very disheartening to me, considering American Telephone & Telegraph built it's Brand on the backbone of America.

Advice to Management

Bring back AT&T;s customer service to the U.S. Even better, bring it back in-house! Hire people of good caliber, bond them and enforce ethical business practices proactively, rather than reactively.

show up and do the job

Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Show up follow proper procedure go home be safe and get a pay check

Cons

If you are not self driven you will not succeed as a tech at AT&T... this an unsupervised position 95% of the time .. self control and organization skills are a plus

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management .. as a tech I have my own job and safety to concern myself with !!!!!

9. Salary

Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Snellville, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Snellville, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay lots of room to grow

Cons

Sometimes unorganized. Length of time for customer wait time

Advice to Management

N/a

10. Senior treasury clerk

Former Employee - Clerk in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Clerk in Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits excellent pay, paid holidays and vacation

Cons

Management changes. Mandatory overtime

Advice to Management

Listening to workers And talk to people with the same respect you want them to give you

11. Being A Sales Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Newnan, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Newnan, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy being apart of history in the making through innovative products and services.

Cons

The Sales Manager position can be stressful if the consultants are not self-motivated.

Advice to Management

Always strive to have a positive work-life balance.

Showing 8,065 of 8,364 reviews