AT&T

6,106 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,861 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty impressive for the amount of work that's required (in 316 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • However what they don't advertise is the absolutely horrendous work/life balance (in 275 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 294 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome! Very positive

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1 of the best things about AT&T is the training you receive as a New Hire. The company sends you to a designated location for a month's worth of training. They teach you the basics of sales and how to maximize your customers in-store experiences. While at training if it is necessary, they will pay to put you in a hotel, give you an American Express card for daily meals and reimburse you for any travel expenses in a very timely manor. The training you receive is top of the line.

Next, lets talk pay. At&t pays their employees extremely well. With a base salary with paid overtime and full benefits and a compensation program, you won't want to leave the company just for that reason. They take care of their employees for the time you spend with them.

Room for advancement. At AT&T moving up is a breeze if your motivated and a hard working individual. My current assistant store manager has only been with the company 10 months and is already looking at becoming a small business rep.

Cons

The work and life balance. The hours are long and tiring to the point were when you get home all you want to do is sleep and on your days off as well.

Customers you have to deal with and the ability for a sales rep to control the interaction . That is one of the biggest complaint I have about the company. A lot of times customers come into the store hot and as sales reps we don't have the discretion or ability to waive ridiculous fees or fix issues. Everything seems like it has to be refereed to customer care which makes for a bad customer experience in store.

Let your team members know you appreciate their hard work and dedication and with out them, they wouldn't have customers.

My experience

Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Huntsville, AL

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay. You are compensated very well. Hourly is very competitive with other retail jobs in the area, but the bonus is that you also get commission on top of it. I knew coworkers that made around 70k+ a year. That's really good for a non management retail position.

Cons

Bad hours if you have a family. To make good commission you HAVE to work nights and weekends. Constant pressure to make sales quotas. Some managers force you to bend selling rules in order to make quotas. I ultimately left the company because I was not comfortable treating customers the way I was being asked to do. It's all about hitting quota.

Care about customers.

Good company

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Pay and benefits are really good

Cons

Management and can make or break work environment. Management gets in trouble for numbers and you will slowly see them take it out in reps and don't change their actions but expect everyone else to.

Love the company, love the job!

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Exceptional leadership. World Class technology talent. Largest and most secure network in the word.

Cons

Recent loss of exceptional management talent due to relocation of leadership roles

Strive to achieve better retention of talent. Set goal to make the list of Fortune 500 top 100 companies to work for.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Manager Network Planning and Engineering
    Current Employee - Manager Network Planning and Engineering

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The career opportunities are great for someone willing to learn fast, work hard and above all be willing to move. I have worked the network side for more than 25 years and have loved most jobs I had. Twice I had to move in order to maintain my employment, but it was worth it in the long run. AT&T salaries are top notch, especially in management. The longer you work the better the money and the more vacation days you accrue... up to five weeks with an additional six days personal time. Tuition assistance is great and the medical is pretty good.

Cons

Look out for the "good old boy" attitudes amongst some of the upper managers. Their views can be sometimes closed minded and archaic which can have a demoralizing effect on the employees. It has gotten better in the last few years thanks to a particular VP who was brought in and seemed to drag the "boys" kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Keep looking forward to the workplace of the future. It is a great concept and keeps your managers happy and willing to go that extra mile. Demoralizing rumors are flying around about certain upper levels wanting to go back to the old ways. That would be a huge mistake that would negatively affect this great company for years to come.

Awesome company!

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits and fantastic pay!

Cons

Long hours! No 9 to 5 here!

I LOVEEEE MY CAREER!!!

Current Employee - Collections in Farmers Branch, TX
    Current Employee - Collections in Farmers Branch, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

EVERYTHING!! Benefits are awesome.. Union based company. Very fair, your voice is always heard! Training is phenomenal!! Always room for advancement!! Quick advancement!!! Youre noticed u promise.

Cons

Health insurance doesn't kick in until 6 months.

You're awesome!!!

Great team good company to work for

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Incentives for commissioned sales were good

Cons

Can be stressful trying to meet your goals

Micro management is not the answer to hitting goals

Very engaging and great experience

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at AT&T part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The relationships you build with customers and learning about how fast technology chnages

Cons

The management at my store location micromanaged too much

Don't lose sight of congratulating your employees instead of degrading them with negatives all day

Strong company

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good compensation and product set

Cons

constant changing of roles and locations.