AT&T Reviews

3.3
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
3,644 Ratings

Pros
  • Good (but not great) pay and benefits (in 316 reviews)

• Good work life balance (varies by specific department) (in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • They also make it nearly impossible to have a good work/life balance (in 275 reviews)

• Upper management will pull the layoff trigger at any given moment (in 294 reviews)

8,022 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

Awesome! Very positive

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1 of the best things about AT&T is the training you receive as a New Hire. The company sends you to a designated location for a month's worth of training. They teach you the basics of sales and how to maximize your customers in-store experiences. While at training if it is necessary, they will pay to put you in a hotel, give you an American Express card for daily meals and reimburse you for any travel expenses in a very timely manor. The training you receive is top of the line. Next, lets talk pay. At&t pays their employees extremely well. With a base salary with paid overtime and full benefits and a compensation program, you won't want to leave the company just for that reason. They take care of their employees for the time you spend with them. Room for advancement. At AT&T moving up is a breeze if your motivated and a hard working individual. My current assistant store manager has only been with the company 10 months and is already looking at becoming a small business rep.

Cons

The work and life balance. The hours are long and tiring to the point were when you get home all you want to do is sleep and on your days off as well. Customers you have to deal with and the ability for a sales rep to control the interaction . That is one of the biggest complaint I have about the company. A lot of times customers come into the store hot and as sales reps we don't have the discretion or ability to waive ridiculous fees or fix issues. Everything seems like it has to be refereed to customer care which makes for a bad customer experience in store.

Advice to Management

Let your team members know you appreciate their hard work and dedication and with out them, they wouldn't have customers.

AT&T Response

Apr 8, 2015 – Talent Operations Manager

We pride ourselves on providing world class pay, benefits, training, and growth opportunities. Thank you for acknowledging one of the things we do well. But more importantly, thank you for your ... More

show up and do the job

Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Show up follow proper procedure go home be safe and get a pay check

Cons

If you are not self driven you will not succeed as a tech at AT&T... this an unsupervised position 95% of the time .. self control and organization skills are a plus

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management .. as a tech I have my own job and safety to concern myself with !!!!!

Uverse Agent via Teleperformance

Current Employee - Teleperformance - Technical Support Agent in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Teleperformance - Technical Support Agent in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an outsources CSR, I always found a distinct difference in professionalism between those working for AT&T Corporate versus those of us in the call centers they hired. As a professional customer service rep myself, I have always been impressed with those individuals working directly for AT&T. Extremely willing to help and very professional. I would love to work for AT&T.

Cons

Because I was an outsourced Agent working for AT&T through Teleperformance, I felt my skills were unrecognized and unfulfilled by AT&T even though I branded their Company hundreds of times a week. Moreover, some of the call centers AT&T utilizes are out of the Country, and I found their level of customer care to dance from uncaring to not entirely ethical. This was very disheartening to me, considering American Telephone & Telegraph built it's Brand on the backbone of America.

Advice to Management

Bring back AT&T;s customer service to the U.S. Even better, bring it back in-house! Hire people of good caliber, bond them and enforce ethical business practices proactively, rather than reactively.

5. Great copany to work with

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Lots of flexibility in terms of work from home etc

Cons

None at this time now

6. Excellent strong company, just not customer service oriented

Former Employee - Small Business Solutions Specialist in Lithia Springs, GA
    Former Employee - Small Business Solutions Specialist in Lithia Springs, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome benefitts, Excellent 401K, Top training classes

Cons

Company is only interested in selling more products, instead of fixing the customer's issues, & you are held responsbile for it.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to actually not care about making just making the numbers! CSR's are people too!

7. premise tech

I worked at AT&T

Pros

other technicians are the best ones to ask questions.

Cons

union. cant move up no matter what. you can work twice as hard as a guy that starts at the same time as you, and never be able to move up past him.

8. Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at AT&T (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are the best! Overall a great company to work for.

Cons

work/life balance is not existent and expectations are spread thin

9. Retail

I worked at AT&T part-time

Pros

Overall great company. Discounts are nice to have and my other team mates were great.

Cons

At times can be a slow environment. I do wish their were more discounts towards my personal service.

Advice to Management

If you are a manager, make sure you like your job. You will have the best team of employees simply by being a wonderful manager.

10. Not Alot of Mobility

Former Employee - Business Customer Service Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Business Customer Service Representative in Greensboro, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office environment. Paid time off is excellent. Team managers know what they're doing.

Cons

Too into competition. Pay is low compared to other companies. Too much training with not enough incentives to learn new skills. Bonus could be higher. NO SICK DAYS.

11. Unique Opportunities

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

At AT&T you get a seat at the table with every major customer in every category of industry. There is a lot of skills training for sales, management and HR, and they provide regular top down communications that keep all employees in the loop as to the outlook of the company.

Cons

There is a lot process that can sometimes feel like you are cog in a wheel. Depending on your role, you need to work hard to get good input from people who you might not know - and will have a hard time finding.

Advice to Management

Support people who are making a difference and don't just check in when there appears to be an issue.

Showing 8,022 of 8,352 reviews