AT&T

3.1 5,285 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,426 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school(in 267 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time(in 139 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours(in 208 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's(in 253 reviews)

5,285 Employee Reviews

The best company I have ever worked for.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsEducation and the opportunity to grow are some of the pros.

ConsThe downside is that I do not work for them anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue programs that develop internet connectivity.

Best experience that anyone could have.

Wire Technician (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsI love the job that I had to do. I am a hands on person and rather be out in the field than to be sitting in front of a computer all day. .

ConsSome of the managers would rather hurt you than help which is sad but true.

Advice to Senior ManagementTechnicians should have more of a voice when it comes to the work ethics. Half of the people who are making the changes have never done the type of work before, and don't have a clue to what we have to do to make that happen.

AT&T Co-op

College Co-Op (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsEase of work, pay is great for college student, able to complete honor school related activities, ability to work up to 40 hours during summer and school breaks

Consorganization :-(
    No direct path to career development

Advice to Senior Managementmore organization with work, scheduling...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In my 2nd full year with AT&T I made it to the Summit; the top 2% in sales for the company.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThis job can be everything you want it to be as long as you put in the effort to perform at your best each and every day.

ConsWorking with the public can often be a daunting task but as long as you maintain a positive attitude you can overcome any issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure everyone is treated fairly and evenly; this will foster positive feelings and less desention.

AT&T is a great place to work!

National Account Executive (Current Employee) Moorestown, NJ

ProsRoom for development and opportunities for career advancement.

ConsVery competitive marketplace and industry.

P's review of ATT

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsGood company, great benefits, great working environment, great training experience, opportunities for advancement, global reach, nice market share, Fortune 500 company, good CEO , good supervisor.,

ConsVery big impersonal, corporate environment, work weekend, holidays, very competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify the work force.

Overall not a bad company to work for

ProsDecent wages if you are able to hit your sales numbers

ConsBe ready for change, they change EVERYTHING all the time. Including your pay structure

My experience with at&t has been life changing

ProsDetailed training involved with exposure to many key elements of business.

ConsWork life balance is harder to maintain in retail.

There was opportunity for advancement if you worked hard

Associate Director (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe pay was very good. They offered classes to learn project management, systems and other things to help you improve in certain skills. I love the company, the brand, and the leadership. They make sure you receive the training you need to do a great job.

ConsThere wasn't much work life balance. They believe managers should always work 9 hours not including lunch. When working in the sales department sometimes you would not receive your sales goal until June. Then of course it was always higher than what you met which means now for the rest of the year they would take money out of your check to take back what they had paid you for "exceeding" the temporary goals that were set from Jan-Jun. Sales goals should be set and ready no later than the end of Jan.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more work life balance for employees.

Great experience. Learned a lot.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat salary and benefits. Able to work from home.

ConsDifficult to get promoted.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!