AT&T

5,868 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,733 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty impressive for the amount of work that's required (in 294 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 152 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 251 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 281 reviews)

More Highlights

A good place to work if you dont mind not having a life

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good pay, medical,dental,tuition reembersment,payed vacation, and theres seminars where you get to test out new technology its really great.

Cons

this is not a 9-5 job alot of time your schedule is along the lines of 10:30-8:30 completely consuming your day giving you no oportunity for personal time for that day

Awesome! Very positive

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1 of the best things about AT&T is the training you receive as a New Hire. The company sends you to a designated location for a month's worth of training. They teach you the basics of sales and how to maximize your customers in-store experiences. While at training if it is necessary, they will pay to put you in a hotel, give you an American Express card for daily meals and reimburse you for any travel expenses in a very timely manor. The training you receive is top of the line.

Next, lets talk pay. At&t pays their employees extremely well. With a base salary with paid overtime and full benefits and a compensation program, you won't want to leave the company just for that reason. They take care of their employees for the time you spend with them.

Room for advancement. At AT&T moving up is a breeze if your motivated and a hard working individual. My current assistant store manager has only been with the company 10 months and is already looking at becoming a small business rep.

Cons

The work and life balance. The hours are long and tiring to the point were when you get home all you want to do is sleep and on your days off as well.

Customers you have to deal with and the ability for a sales rep to control the interaction . That is one of the biggest complaint I have about the company. A lot of times customers come into the store hot and as sales reps we don't have the discretion or ability to waive ridiculous fees or fix issues. Everything seems like it has to be refereed to customer care which makes for a bad customer experience in store.

Let your team members know you appreciate their hard work and dedication and with out them, they wouldn't have customers.

Overall Good Company - I've enjoyed my 30+ years.

Current Employee - PMTS in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - PMTS in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is decent. Work is challenging if not outright FUN. As a lab, new tech is being actively analyzed.

Cons

The company has a heavily political atmosphere. It's not necessarily what you know but who you know. To much brown-nosing.
    We have too few technically proficient workers and way too many "lets call a meeting" project managers. A lot of wasted time.
    Legacy SBC employees get paid more than legacy BellSouth employees. Don't ask me how I know. I know, people talk.

Quit outsourcing. Quit paying new hires the same (or more) than high rated long time employees. The pay plan obviously needs to be revised. How can a new employee I trained be hired at a higher rate than me?

Create a more vibrant technical career ladder. Today we have but a paper shell of one.

Quit the turmoil. Who in their right mind starts up capital spending in march and shuts it down in june?

You need to bring back proprietorship in the company. Most new hires see this as only a temp job. They know you are screwing the long time employees with stagnant wages. Who would want to buy into this?

Long history, lots of changes

Current Employee - Network Operations Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Network Operations Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strength of the company is from the old Southwestern Bell roots, not from the legacy AT&T company, which was bought by SBC in 2005. SBC took the AT&T name, but the management team was from SBC.
    Lots of opportunities for development if you are in the right city.
    Innovative company which has survived throughout the turbulence of the telecom industry.
    Very talented people working on new technology.
    Good (but not great) pay and benefits.

Cons

If you are not mobile, you won't advance, regardless of how good your skills are.
    Many of the people who came over when SBC bought AT&T still have the legacy AT&T mindset of "budget cutting is the only way to be profitable."
    Assignments in the older (wireline) side of the business are dead end jobs, but getting out of those jobs into other assignments is tough.
    Outside technical and customer-facing jobs are high pressure, poorly paid, and typically dead-end.

Use your own technology to get the best workers, regardless of physical location.
    Be more honest about future plans and don't limit opportunities for people who want to move into other parts of the business.
    Don't try to achieve profitability by short-changing employees. They will leave, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, and will cause damage to the brand in the process.

Awesome place to work.....Great pay and benefots

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

pay and benefits....the company is great to work for. I have been with AT&t for over 15 years and I plan to retire from here

Cons

there are no cons.....oh hours are given by seniority

Great place

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Wonderful pay and work life balance

Cons

No room for advancement in nashville market

Allow for more room for growth.

Awesome pay, solid management

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Pay culturesvgreat, great values, tons of resources

Cons

None at all theplace is rocking

Keep it up

Excellent company

Former Employee - AT&T Mobility RSC in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - AT&T Mobility RSC in Albany, NY

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay and benefits....flexible workplace...excellent training on sales skills

Cons

siloed culture, rural room to advance

go on appts more with reps

AT&T is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Good pay, good work/life balance in general, there are tons of training opportunities, stable company, you can move around within the company to try out other positions or move up but this requires networking

Cons

inefficiencies, some employees don't pull their weight, difficult to move up, pay increases are small, less qualified people will be hired after you at a higher salary, many times the right hand is not talking to the left and this leads to disorganization, sometimes there is poor planning by management

Retail Sales Consultant

I worked at AT&T

Pros

They compensate employees who work hard very well. I learned a lot as far as how to drive sales and make money. Managers and co-workers will help you be the best sales person you are capable of. Training is all paid for and it's a great company to work for.

Cons

More time to work with the sales program on ipads before having employees be on the floor.