AT&T

5,606 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,601 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school (in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights

A wonderful place to work

Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician
    Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

Great pay, great management, enjoyable job, independent, relaxing, supportive, great union

Cons

There's not much I can think of. They're kind of nitpicky about certain things and they change rules a lot but if it helps it helps.

Great Job, Great Managers, Great Pay, Horrible Hours

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

The managers are really helpful, you have plenty of training to do your job, and the pay is excellent.

Cons

The biggest issue here are hours, since it's a union company, the good hours are given to tenured reps meaning that for years you'll be stuck with horrid hours, no weekends off and closing the store pretty much every night.

Your high performers are usually NOT the tenured reps, you are driving away the people that actually makes you a lot of money and punishing them by making them work horrible and uneven hours. You can't base a life around that.

ATT consumer sales consultant (call center)

Current Employee - Consumer Sales Consultant  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Consumer Sales Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

very good pay- salary
    very good compensation- bonus for hitting sales goals
    very good bonuses- cash for going beyond in sales

note att sales consultants in call center atmosphere get more salary than most call center positions- on top of that if you work hard its pretty easy to hit 80k a year- if your lazy and non competitive like to take your time-- do not waste your time you will be let go- only after having a taste of what you can make.

this is sales so if your new to it you may find yourself stressed out, i had never worked sales but am diligent and tweek my performance- work out great! I made my own luck by speeding up my results- changing the way I pitched different things and make a lot of money.

Cons

can be stressful-
    supervisors are cheerleaders that think they are doing something- gets on my nerves
    my suggestion keep the supervisors busy with running your sales and checking your orders- put them to work
    you are a worker ant at att- i mean to make big money you need to run a lot of calls which gets old -
    i counteracted this with taking a month and just kinda relaxing- not worrying about sales if your great at your job they wont bother you.

upper management- I actually feel sorry for them some of the upper management barely make what the top sales reps do lol like supervisors they are number crunchers and order chasers in sales- so keep running my numbers and chasing my orders thanks!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast Paced

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  Pueblo, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Pueblo, CO

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

The call center is very fast paced, which makes the day go by fast. Most of my coworkers are really friendly and take pride in their job.
    Schedules and vacations are based on seniority, so while I am low on the totem pole, per se, I understand and feel it is fair. On the other hand, it can cause issues for employees with small children.
    Having a call center background, I understand the dynamics of speed on the phone and on the computer, but at times, the call volume can be very high, even with the push for self service.

Cons

The metrics! We have a scale of 1-10 on certain things that the customer rates us on with an after call survey, and we aim to get 10's across the board. However, if you have a customer that has called in a number of times, they rate the company as a whole and not the employee. And that bad review can cause your overall score to drop to 0. And anything under 9 is worth 0 or -100, so it creates a lot of stress. To me, it would make sense to have 7-8 at least mean something.

Take a look at the metrics again. Getting one bad survey, even if we did everything we could to help the customer, is bringing morale down.

Nice place

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good culture and company structure

Cons

promotions opportunities are limited sometimes

Have definitely enjoyed my time with AT&T.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Very competitive pay
    -Great benefits
    -Great employee discounts and perks

Cons

-Retail hours aren't great with family

Continue listening to your employees!

Great company to work, innovate

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are good, flexible on telecommuting something that make work life balance fantastic, lots of opportunity to be train in management and new technologies.

Cons

Overseas contracting is killing US jobs. Promotions is not longer a work know by leadership. Management focused too much on metrics.

Listen and reward employees. Annual reviews should be taking more seriously. Too much training but a few opportunities to move into.

Incredible industry. Incredible bureaucracy.

Current Employee - Professional Network Planning Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Professional Network Planning Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smartphones and location-based services are the future and AT&T is in the middle of it.

Cons

Too many silos and inefficiencies. People don't get work done well here. 80/20 rule holds true.

Invest in standardizing processes and systems for workflow and data management across the company.

Job security

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

good insurance for married paople

Cons

Never home to be with family

Definitely one of the best experiences I ever had; I recommend AT&T to anyone.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T as an intern for less than a year

Pros

treat employees better than customers, and they treat the customers very well.
    the benefits and company perks are endless

Cons

typical corporate America problems
    Often I felt like a robot with a routine

Get rid of much of the pointless work human resources is doing.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!