AT&T Reviews

7,212 Reviews
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
3,319 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty impressive for the amount of work that's required (in 316 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • However what they don't advertise is the absolutely horrendous work/life balance (in 275 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 294 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Awesome! Very positive

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1 of the best things about AT&T is the training you receive as a New Hire. The company sends you to a designated location for a month's worth of training. They teach you the basics of sales and how to maximize your customers in-store experiences. While at training if it is necessary, they will pay to put you in a hotel, give you an American Express card for daily meals and reimburse you for any travel expenses in a very timely manor. The training you receive is top of the line.

Next, lets talk pay. At&t pays their employees extremely well. With a base salary with paid overtime and full benefits and a compensation program, you won't want to leave the company just for that reason. They take care of their employees for the time you spend with them.

Room for advancement. At AT&T moving up is a breeze if your motivated and a hard working individual. My current assistant store manager has only been with the company 10 months and is already looking at becoming a small business rep.

Cons

The work and life balance. The hours are long and tiring to the point were when you get home all you want to do is sleep and on your days off as well.

Customers you have to deal with and the ability for a sales rep to control the interaction . That is one of the biggest complaint I have about the company. A lot of times customers come into the store hot and as sales reps we don't have the discretion or ability to waive ridiculous fees or fix issues. Everything seems like it has to be refereed to customer care which makes for a bad customer experience in store.

Advice to Management

Let your team members know you appreciate their hard work and dedication and with out them, they wouldn't have customers.

AT&T Response

Apr 8, 2015Talent Operations Manager

We pride ourselves on providing world class pay, benefits, training, and growth opportunities. Thank you for acknowledging one of the things we do well. But more importantly, thank you for your ... More

Sales Program Executuon Mgr

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Great talented people to work with

Cons

Att will cut employees in a heartbeat, managers are not always good with managing their talent and no company wide functions and the HR is removed and no access to employees

3. Best Sales experience job

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at AT&T (More than 3 years)

Pros

Takes care of there employees

Cons

Retail hours is the hardest work/life balance

5. manager

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Salary is great not to mention package on boarding and the class type of work they have you start with

Cons

Benefits are not as good they could have better payout packages for deductible

6. A blessing to my life I love my job

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Great pay with commission I love it

Cons

Hourly pay is low an increase would be great

Great experience

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Good benefits, bonus, people, large company with opportunity to move across roles/functions

Cons

Needs more holidays, internal IT moves very slowly

8. Sr. Technical Specialist

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

This company has great health and retirement benefits.

Cons

Hard to advance without being connected to key people.

Advice to Management

Reduce the corporate bureaucracy.

9. Good money poor work balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good money for the level of education i have

Cons

poor work balance, good luck getting consistent days off that work for you

Advice to Management

put scheduling back in the hands of front line managers

10. Retail Manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at AT&T (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people that genuinely try hard to win. Great products and services including training to offer these products. Pretty easy to network and there is good visiblilty with leadership if you are a go-getter. Could be either pro or con - Do not complain and always take on new responsibilities without pay if you want to level up. Each level up is about 10% pay increase up to 20% max.

Cons

Company is segmented terribly. It is difficult to move around within the multiple channels without building a social network. It's who you know at almost all costs. If you are not well-networked forget about promotions. Promotions are usually at best 5% unless you are in IT. Leadership expects a lot out of you and does not appreciate excuses. Excuses are allowed but you will move to the back of the bus. Very what have you done for me lately approach to accomplishments. Promote and apply while the iron is hot if you get my meaning.

Advice to Management

Pay people what other companies pay for similar jobs especially once 5 years is achieved. Allow people to have a true career path that is focused on by all layers of management and allow people to try other segments of the company. If travel or relocation is advised there should be a contingency to come back after a set time, otherwise relocation can become permanent if one is in a higher level of management.

11. Good pay and benefits, if you can deal with the politics

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Elko, NV
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Elko, NV

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, good benefits, unlimited amount of random perks, tons of incentives, tuition reimbursement, I worked with a great team as well.

Cons

Unrealistic sales expectations create stressful environments, you are often held responsible for things that are completely out of your control, politics from upper management and the corporation is pain.

Advice to Management

Managment could do a better job of practicing a little more compassion