AT&T Reviews

6,968 Reviews
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
3,238 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty impressive for the amount of work that's required (in 316 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • However what they don't advertise is the absolutely horrendous work/life balance (in 275 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 294 reviews)

Awesome! Very positive

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1 of the best things about AT&T is the training you receive as a New Hire. The company sends you to a designated location for a month's worth of training. They teach you the basics of sales and how to maximize your customers in-store experiences. While at training if it is necessary, they will pay to put you in a hotel, give you an American Express card for daily meals and reimburse you for any travel expenses in a very timely manor. The training you receive is top of the line.

Next, lets talk pay. At&t pays their employees extremely well. With a base salary with paid overtime and full benefits and a compensation program, you won't want to leave the company just for that reason. They take care of their employees for the time you spend with them.

Room for advancement. At AT&T moving up is a breeze if your motivated and a hard working individual. My current assistant store manager has only been with the company 10 months and is already looking at becoming a small business rep.

Cons

The work and life balance. The hours are long and tiring to the point were when you get home all you want to do is sleep and on your days off as well.

Customers you have to deal with and the ability for a sales rep to control the interaction . That is one of the biggest complaint I have about the company. A lot of times customers come into the store hot and as sales reps we don't have the discretion or ability to waive ridiculous fees or fix issues. Everything seems like it has to be refereed to customer care which makes for a bad customer experience in store.

Let your team members know you appreciate their hard work and dedication and with out them, they wouldn't have customers.

Retail Leadership Development Program

Current Employee - Retail Leadership Development Program in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Leadership Development Program in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Great benefits, great perks and membership discounts almost everywhere, VERY nice people, great company to work for. Definitely would recommend!

Cons

No days off during 6 month traing period, besides that nothing. You work normal business hours 9-5:30

Keep encouraging and motivating your young employees to go out there and be the best they can be. Offer more incentives for those who do good.

Very good company to work for

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

All employees I worked with were like myself began at a point of an entry level position and were then promoted from within.

Cons

All of the non-customer facing positions such as software developers and analysts for example are centrally located in either Dallas or Atlanta. If you live outside of either of these cities, the only options available are customer facing positions.

The key difference I found after working under many different managers is some are able to position their sub-ordinates in strategic places where their skills can be leveraged as well as made visible to new areas of the business. The managers need to keep their people engaged in more than their current role as products and services are continuously changing. If a manager remains solely focused on their present tasks, their team will suffer when reorgs arise as they inevitably do every year.

5. Good company

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Pay is really good there.

Cons

Location is not really good there.

Better locale

6. Best job I have every had, hands down.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

People are great, bosses are great, Executives are AMAZING leaders who actually lead and don't just shout orders. Also, they make you feel very comfortable. There is still a boss presence with a comfortable atmosphere.

Cons

None, really everything thus far has been more than I could have every hoped for.

7. A great career with a stable company.

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, has stayed relevant for 138 years.

Cons

Slow and painful process to instigate change and get approvals for significant projects.

Lead rather than follow.

8. Good job if you don't want a social life.

Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are very good, most of the work involves little contact with a supervisor, opportunities to advance higher into the company

Cons

Some of the expectations and compliance metics are a joke. They expect everyone to be a salesman when you are working in a customers home

9. Great Company to work for

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Great Pay and flexible schedule if you're part time

Cons

Pressure to meet sales goals

10. Amazing

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good benefits room for advancement.

Cons

sales quota and long hours

Really helpful

11. Working as technical support for at&t

Current Employee - Technical Support in North Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support in North Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Had 1 hr lunches also had 2 15 min breaks which were very nice

Cons

No cons our department got closed out

Keep up the good work ,my location didnt have any issue