AT&T Reviews

6,957 Reviews
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
3,233 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty impressive for the amount of work that's required (in 316 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • However what they don't advertise is the absolutely horrendous work/life balance (in 275 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 294 reviews)

Awesome! Very positive

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1 of the best things about AT&T is the training you receive as a New Hire. The company sends you to a designated location for a month's worth of training. They teach you the basics of sales and how to maximize your customers in-store experiences. While at training if it is necessary, they will pay to put you in a hotel, give you an American Express card for daily meals and reimburse you for any travel expenses in a very timely manor. The training you receive is top of the line.

Next, lets talk pay. At&t pays their employees extremely well. With a base salary with paid overtime and full benefits and a compensation program, you won't want to leave the company just for that reason. They take care of their employees for the time you spend with them.

Room for advancement. At AT&T moving up is a breeze if your motivated and a hard working individual. My current assistant store manager has only been with the company 10 months and is already looking at becoming a small business rep.

Cons

The work and life balance. The hours are long and tiring to the point were when you get home all you want to do is sleep and on your days off as well.

Customers you have to deal with and the ability for a sales rep to control the interaction . That is one of the biggest complaint I have about the company. A lot of times customers come into the store hot and as sales reps we don't have the discretion or ability to waive ridiculous fees or fix issues. Everything seems like it has to be refereed to customer care which makes for a bad customer experience in store.

Let your team members know you appreciate their hard work and dedication and with out them, they wouldn't have customers.

2. Amazing

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good benefits room for advancement.

Cons

sales quota and long hours

Really helpful

3. Great Company to work for

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Great Pay and flexible schedule if you're part time

Cons

Pressure to meet sales goals

5. Working as technical support for at&t

Current Employee - Technical Support in North Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support in North Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Had 1 hr lunches also had 2 15 min breaks which were very nice

Cons

No cons our department got closed out

Keep up the good work ,my location didnt have any issue

6. Account Executive Local Dealer

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Tons of growth opportunities to move into different areas of the organization.

Cons

Compensation is not as competitive as other Account Executive positions in the market.

none.

Very good company to work for

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

All employees I worked with were like myself began at a point of an entry level position and were then promoted from within.

Cons

All of the non-customer facing positions such as software developers and analysts for example are centrally located in either Dallas or Atlanta. If you live outside of either of these cities, the only options available are customer facing positions.

The key difference I found after working under many different managers is some are able to position their sub-ordinates in strategic places where their skills can be leveraged as well as made visible to new areas of the business. The managers need to keep their people engaged in more than their current role as products and services are continuously changing. If a manager remains solely focused on their present tasks, their team will suffer when reorgs arise as they inevitably do every year.

8. A great experience to add to my resume!

Former Employee - Senior Reports Clerk in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Reports Clerk in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the pay, but there is no job security as a bargained employee. At any time they will do a surplus and just like that you are out of a job. The people in my group were great and the corporate location is laid back.

Cons

There is no job security, you are just a number. The people with more seniority are the ones who don't give their all, and the ones who work are effected.

Eliminate the problem employees don't hold those who work accountable for those who don't. This will make the work processes more efficient.

9. Good benefits, good colleagues, good management

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

engaged management, solid benefits and compensation, not too much red tape considering the size of the company, good time off policy

Cons

Sometimes it seems challenging to move up the chain because of the size of the company and competition of other colleagues

Keep staying engaged with all levels of employees, and continue collecting feedback via surveys, town halls, etc. to get input from entire workforce

10. great company

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great pay, and benefits, the company understands its employees are their front line and attempt to take care of them

Cons

changes in strategy on a monthly basis, employees must change their habits to please management instead of their oaychecks

customer experience should be your number 1 priority not pleasing your direct supervisors, its clear that playing the corporate ladder game is the only thing most are concern about

11. My experience with this company has had its ups and downs but overall very satisfying.

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

The best reasons to work here is the ever changing technology in the mobile world, thus job security.

Cons

Some of the challenges would be opportunities for advancement. A lot of employees and few openings for management.

Continue to listen to your employees, try to incorporate a better work lie balance.