AT&T

3.1 5,353 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,463 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school (in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights
5,353 Employee Reviews

Sales

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsGreat pay with great benefits. A company you can grow and retire with!

ConsEver changing quotas and goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach rep is different, find what motivates each person on and individual level.

Solid Company Moving Fast

Retail Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe work is challenging, with great perks, frequent new toys, and competitive pay. This is not the 'phone company' any longer. There are strong initiatives to change the internal culture, prepare the workforce for the future and advance the brand. They are committed to providing a great customer experience and leading the industry in innovation.

ConsIn my experience corporate leadership is solid but local leadership can sometimes be too focused on fire drills. Performance is often determined with a 'what have you done for me lately?' attitude because there is such a strong focus on delivering numbers every quarter, month, week, day and even by the hour. Retail hours can always be tough and here is the same. Working nearly every weekend with 11-13 hour days throughout the week. And if you're short staffed (which is most of the time), as an RSM you are responsible to deliver results and pick up the slack. I work in a strong performing and competitive region and this often causes challenges with promotion when you are no willing to relocate.

Dream Internship

Student Intern (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros-Paid Internship
    -Paid days off
    -Meaningful work
    -Fulfilling tasks
    -Professional

Cons-Some upper managers would take advantage of internship status (would send me out for food)

Advice to Senior ManagementWould love if more managers would have offered advice looking for jobs, or helped get another opportunity within the country upon graduation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Large Company

ProsGreat place to work with excellent advancement opportunities.

ConsSuch a big ship can take a long time to turn when it comes to policy reform.

Little support for support positions

Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat pay in a retail environment, great benefits, raise in pay after first 6 months, again every year after that.

ConsThe Sales Representatives are the number on priority. Management teams constantly work to ensure RSC's are hitting numbers or "promoting to customer" those who can't keep up (though this only happens after repeated failures with no attempt to correct issues).

Management teams are constantly changing, so store teams are forced to adapt to management styles that are often vastly different. The company promotes almost exclusively for numbers, so often a store manager is not actually capable of caring for a store, just hitting or exceeding sales goals - and sometimes through sinister means.

When working full-time, you get two days off per week and days off are awarded in order of seniority in your job position. You may not get what you ask for, especially if your manager just doesn't care to make things work. Lastly, there are "attendance points" which can lead to a write up or firing. You are awarded points from a computer system if you clock in any time after the 5 minute grace period, and the point amount grows with how late you are. This was especially troublesome in the city, where MTA trains were often making it difficult to get to work on time. Some managers were willing to override attendance points if employees gave a valid reason for lateness, but other don't care that there's even a news story about why your train was stopped underground for 2 hours during your commute to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about some things other than numbers once in awhile. Support positions ensure that the store is running well on the sales floor and behind the scenes, yet there is little to no recognition for what they do.

Also, listen to all of the reps. Routinely work to make sure everything is going well in the store. It shouldn't take more than 6 months to realize that an entire team hates its management team because they are shady with making sales and they play favorites without care.

Great company to work for

Premesis Technician (Current Employee) Brecksville, OH

ProsGreat starting pay, great benefits, nice raises. If you want to work a lot, you can. If you don't, it's not always a necessity. Paid vacation time

ConsThere is some long days. Unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't look at every employee as compared to everyone else. Each person had their own pros and cons.

Great pay, good opportunity for advancement.

ProsMake great money, where else has the potential for a 20 year old to have the chance to make over 60k a year without college. You can advance and work your way up the ladder. Benefits are also good

ConsWork life balance is non existent. Dealing with the public can also be a challenge.

Great times interning

Student Intern Technical I (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPlenty of opportunities for new work

ConsA little stressful and training can be boring

A good experience. Would work for them again if given the chance.

ProsGood pay and benefits. Good company to retire from.

ConsBe sure to find a dept that doesn't have a high turnover rate.

great company

Project Manager (Current Employee) Toledo, OH

Prosgood pay and benefits this company is very good to work for most of the leadership is good benefits are very good but not really very many promotions

Conschanging work environment the company isn't sure what direction it is going in. many jobs are outsourced to overseas call centers

Advice to Senior Managementbetter training

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!