AT&T

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,089 ratings)

4,681 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school"
    in 229 reviews
  • "Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time"
    in 123 reviews
Cons:
  • "Management is out of touch with creating any semblance of work/life balance for the employees"
    in 170 reviews
  • "Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's"
    in 227 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great workplace

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Plano, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

ProsIncentives, pay, fun work environments, being around new technology

ConsHours, schedule, working holidays and not having set days off

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example

Great company to work for

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Opelousas, LA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCommission is really good,good benefits .always getting challenged

ConsCommisions plan changes a lot

Advice to Senior ManagementActually I loved my managers..great people...worked hard

Instructional Designer - Contractor

Instructional Designer Contractor (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at AT&T as a contractor for more than a year

ProsFriendly team members. Great sense of family. I felt appreciated for what I do. My director went out of her way to let me take time off when I need to, then made up later.

ConsClients change their mind a lot at the last minute. No budget for raises or bonuses. Full time position is offered only when you are agree to move with your own expense.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking contractors move to different cities in order to take on a full time positions with their own expense is not a good policy. The company will loose many talents.

Great company to work for

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay, benefits, and coworkers are great. Schedules are pretty flexible.

ConsRetail sales setting is not for everyone and it can be challenging and sometimes stressful, as most sales positions are.

Great Opportunity for growth

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Jefferson City, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI worked Retail and was able to make about $50,000 per year which is unheard of in retail sales. It is demanding but very rewarding. I was able to promote within a years time.

ConsThe hours of operation are very difficult especially if you have a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork Life balance

All good but the management

Lead Network Engineering Manager (Former Employee)
Schaumburg, IL

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLed account delivery team for large client for several years. Was given complete autonomy with client for delivery. Teamed with some excellent engineers. Acquired excellent knowledge about business and technology.

ConsUnsupportive management (wrong manager = bad times). Worked around the clock at times for multiple days with little support. Rigid policies. Haphazard policies.

Excellent place to work.

Senior Technical Architect (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat benefits. Good pay. Excellent work environment with opportunities for online education. High tech environment with a highly intelligent staff.

ConsLack of promotion opportunities. Sometimes hard to transfer to other jobs. Always in danger of being outsourced. May need to work on off-shifts.

Working in AT&T hosting

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

ProsChallenging projects with decent compensation

ConsLong hours and questionable workl/life balance

Advice to Senior Managementwatch the hours employees log and correct as needed

The best part about AT&T is working with caring and ntelligent people who challenge you to exceed your own expectations!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Richardson, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is the first time where I did not think about working somewhere for just 3-5 years....the opportunities for personal development and career growth at AT&T are endless. I know that if I ever want a change of pace or another challenge, I can find new and exciting developmental opportunities within the organization. If you need proof, just ask someone who works there! It is not uncommon to meet someone who has worked at AT&T for 10+ years in many different roles and business units.

AT&T is more than a wireless company---we're a technology company and we're driving innovation in the marketplace today! Whether it's Digital Life, Connected Car, Emerging Business Markets, or Big Data---you can find your place in an exciting, challenging, and equally rewarding role.

AT&T also CARES and INVESTS in its employees beyond a competitive total rewards package. We have an extensive list of resources available to us including mentoring opportunities, employee resource groups, philanthropic opportunities, and more!

You also get GREAT discounts on products and services from AT&T as well as other companies.

ConsThere are opportunities to achieve a more cohesive AT&T culture among the many AT&T businesses. Sometimes when you move from building to building, the message gets distorted.

I also think there could be improvements to the vacation and time off policy. I think this is because I came from a company that provided four weeks of vacation.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe should invest in creating a more cohesive AT&T culture. If we are going from building to building at different locations, we should still see/hear/feel the same culture.

Fun, rewarding, challenging and ever changing technology

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

ProsGood management, rewarding. They take care of their employees. Advancement from within.

ConsLong hours in the retail

Advice to Senior Managementstay on top of what makes each individual the best they can be. It's kind of a difficult situation, but each person is an individual, and each person works to their potential in a different way. It's like being a coach, which I have done for 20 plus years, you find how to get the best out of each individual , for what's' best for him/her, which makes it best for the whole team

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson. All 4,681 reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees.