AT&T

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,093 ratings)

4,685 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school"
    in 229 reviews
  • "Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time"
    in 123 reviews
Cons:
  • "Management is out of touch with creating any semblance of work/life balance for the employees"
    in 170 reviews
  • "Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's"
    in 227 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

One of the most fun and exciting careers I have ever had

Collections Representative (Current Employee)
Johnson City, TN

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

ProsI enjoy the competitive atmosphere and all of the bonus opportunities that are available if you apply yourself

ConsThe only negative would be the upset customers I deal with on the phone

Advice to Senior ManagementMy manger is the best always there to. Lend a helping hand and available for talking about any problems I may be having and always willing to give me advice on how to be better at my job

Instructional Designer - Contractor

Instructional Designer Contractor (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at AT&T as a contractor for more than a year

ProsFriendly team members. Great sense of family. I felt appreciated for what I do. My director went out of her way to let me take time off when I need to, then made up later.

ConsClients change their mind a lot at the last minute. No budget for raises or bonuses. Full time position is offered only when you are agree to move with your own expense.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking contractors move to different cities in order to take on a full time positions with their own expense is not a good policy. The company will loose many talents.

AT&T has given me great career opportunities and is 100% behind my community involvement endeavors.

Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAdvance opportunities are made available to all employees. Benefits are top of the line. AT&T is truly dedicated to workforce diversity and inclusion. We get great discounts on most of our services. We have lots of tools and resources to assist us with self development.

ConsMost of our best management opportunities are centralized in Dallas, TX and Atlanta, GA. It is a bit of hindrance to not be mobile.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Opelousas, LA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCommission is really good,good benefits .always getting challenged

ConsCommisions plan changes a lot

Advice to Senior ManagementActually I loved my managers..great people...worked hard

Great Opportunity for growth

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Jefferson City, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI worked Retail and was able to make about $50,000 per year which is unheard of in retail sales. It is demanding but very rewarding. I was able to promote within a years time.

ConsThe hours of operation are very difficult especially if you have a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork Life balance

Awesome place to work

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat envierment with staff and partners always ready to teach

Consthe acceptance process's takes a long time so plan out waiting a few months.

Great place to build your career! Lots of Opportunities!

Strategic Partner Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompetitive pay
Paid vacation
Benefits
Retirement Options
Outstanding leadership team
Career growth potential
Lots of opportunity to increase business knowledge
Career development programs
Tuition Reimbursement opportunities

ConsPressure to achieve company goals
Company is reactive to industry changes and customer demands versus being proactive, but getting better

Fun, rewarding, challenging and ever changing technology

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

ProsGood management, rewarding. They take care of their employees. Advancement from within.

ConsLong hours in the retail

Advice to Senior Managementstay on top of what makes each individual the best they can be. It's kind of a difficult situation, but each person is an individual, and each person works to their potential in a different way. It's like being a coach, which I have done for 20 plus years, you find how to get the best out of each individual , for what's' best for him/her, which makes it best for the whole team

The best part about AT&T is working with caring and ntelligent people who challenge you to exceed your own expectations!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Richardson, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is the first time where I did not think about working somewhere for just 3-5 years....the opportunities for personal development and career growth at AT&T are endless. I know that if I ever want a change of pace or another challenge, I can find new and exciting developmental opportunities within the organization. If you need proof, just ask someone who works there! It is not uncommon to meet someone who has worked at AT&T for 10+ years in many different roles and business units.

AT&T is more than a wireless company---we're a technology company and we're driving innovation in the marketplace today! Whether it's Digital Life, Connected Car, Emerging Business Markets, or Big Data---you can find your place in an exciting, challenging, and equally rewarding role.

AT&T also CARES and INVESTS in its employees beyond a competitive total rewards package. We have an extensive list of resources available to us including mentoring opportunities, employee resource groups, philanthropic opportunities, and more!

You also get GREAT discounts on products and services from AT&T as well as other companies.

ConsThere are opportunities to achieve a more cohesive AT&T culture among the many AT&T businesses. Sometimes when you move from building to building, the message gets distorted.

I also think there could be improvements to the vacation and time off policy. I think this is because I came from a company that provided four weeks of vacation.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe should invest in creating a more cohesive AT&T culture. If we are going from building to building at different locations, we should still see/hear/feel the same culture.

Great company with great opportunities!

Business Manager IT (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAT&T offers so many areas in which you can work and learn new things with plenty of room for advanement. If you're hard working and dependable your options are limitless as it's the kind of company you can stay with once you get your foot in the door. The benefits are great and discounts for employees are wonderful, too. They offer a wealth of training both in and outside of the company.

ConsThe biggest challenge I see is sine it's such a large company the employees that are not up to par are simply passed around from team-to-team vs. being put on a program or let go. They tend to exchange one bad apple for another. I cannot say anything about management, etc. since there are so many divisions in the company and I've worked for some that were micro managers or completely hands off. It is impossible to give a blanket con on this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally evaluate employees for their worth. If they're not good at their current position allow them to go into a position which they can excel vs. just shipping them to another team within the same organization that doesn't suit them.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson. All 4,685 reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees.