AT&T Reviews

3.3
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
3,820 Ratings

Pros
  • Good (but not great) pay and benefits (in 316 reviews)

• Good work life balance (varies by specific department) (in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • They also make it nearly impossible to have a good work/life balance (in 275 reviews)

• Upper management will pull the layoff trigger at any given moment (in 294 reviews)

8,505 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

Awesome! Very positive

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1 of the best things about AT&T is the training you receive as a New Hire. The company sends you to a designated location for a month's worth of training. They teach you the basics of sales and how to maximize your customers in-store experiences. While at training if it is necessary, they will pay to put you in a hotel, give you an American Express card for daily meals and reimburse you for any travel expenses in a very timely manor. The training you receive is top of the line. Next, lets talk pay. At&t pays their employees extremely well. With a base salary with paid overtime and full benefits and a compensation program, you won't want to leave the company just for that reason. They take care of their employees for the time you spend with them. Room for advancement. At AT&T moving up is a breeze if your motivated and a hard working individual. My current assistant store manager has only been with the company 10 months and is already looking at becoming a small business rep.

Cons

The work and life balance. The hours are long and tiring to the point were when you get home all you want to do is sleep and on your days off as well. Customers you have to deal with and the ability for a sales rep to control the interaction . That is one of the biggest complaint I have about the company. A lot of times customers come into the store hot and as sales reps we don't have the discretion or ability to waive ridiculous fees or fix issues. Everything seems like it has to be refereed to customer care which makes for a bad customer experience in store.

Advice to Management

Let your team members know you appreciate their hard work and dedication and with out them, they wouldn't have customers.

AT&T Response

Apr 8, 2015 – Talent Operations Manager

We pride ourselves on providing world class pay, benefits, training, and growth opportunities. Thank you for acknowledging one of the things we do well. But more importantly, thank you for your ... More

2. RSC

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Good Money, overtime is up for grabs if you want to make extra money on the side. Ok benefits, and there is always opportunities to move up in the company.

Cons

Expect work on weekends and holidays. You will deal with some really angry people.

Advice to Management

Management needs to touch bases with more clients as they spend a lot of their time in the office.

3. Great service bad employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great especially Dental. Good employment opportunities

Cons

Management is inconsistent. Employee morale seems to be low on the list of "things to improve list". Some "new opportunities" are not promotions but lateral moves. Pay seems to be out of line with the industry. Do your homework on the position you are applying for before accepting a position.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and when there are Manager to peer meetings listen to your subordinates because they tell you will help you in the long run

5. Sd&a technician

Former Employee - Senior Premise Technician in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Premise Technician in Chicago, IL

I worked at AT&T (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits that's it

Cons

Bad company overall, poor management poor leadership, lying to customers, very high turn over on technician not a career job

Advice to Management

Better training period just unprofessional environment.

6. Good company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

at&t is a good company. It is a large corporation, but have good benefits and wages. I would work for them again, how I had to relocate. Hopefully where I am moving will have jobs.

Cons

The only cons I have is that since it is a large corporation, you sometimes do feel out of the loop on a lot of corporate decisions.

7. Design

I have been working at AT&T (More than a year)

Pros

Proud to be a part of this team always looking to enhance and simplify the way the web works and gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of decision making and creativity.

Cons

A lot of work that is always a high priority and not enough time or teams to complete the work. Usually ends up in a high stress environment

Advice to Management

Help control the intake of work so that all teams aren't firing at all cylinders every day of the year. There seems to be a lack of breathing room, which is great because there is always something to do but when everything is in the "I need it now" fashion it creates an unpleasant environment and likely doesn't produce he highest quality of work.

8. Retail Sales Consultant

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Angola, IN
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Angola, IN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am able to help people to the best of my ability and there are tools and resources available to me when I am not able to solve a problem.

Cons

The management style is not consistent. There have been nine managers in two and a half years with no consistency to how they operate the store or work with employees.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent in the way that the store and employees are managed, coached, and the expectaions that are given.

9. Ras Dl 1

Former Employee - RAS DL II in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - RAS DL II in Tampa, FL

I worked at AT&T (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and flexible hours. You get a choice of which shift to work. There are multiple call sights and you can work during the school year.

Cons

Management can be strict about call tracking. People seem to be dragged down by managements often time over reaction to uncontrollable factors. Team leads tend to over step there boundaries.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work and pay. As long as the employees are well compensated they will likely continue to feel good. If they continue to drop the salaries to cut cost they will lose great talent.

10. Review

Pros

Pay is great, no short of overtime

Cons

Management can be a pain, having good manager makes all difference

11. Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Care Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Customer Care Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at AT&T (More than 5 years)

Pros

I found it rewarding to resolve issues for the customers.

Cons

There was none, I resigned due to my spouse having to deploy to Iraq. I would have continued with employment if not.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great team effort! There is a reason that the call center has won so many customer service awards!

Showing 8,505 of 8,820 reviews