AT&T

3.1 5,305 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,436 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school(in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time(in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours(in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's(in 254 reviews)

5,305 Employee Reviews

Great company but stiff competition to move up

Retail Account Executive (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe pay is competitive, the benefits are great (greatly discounted rates on cell phone plans, insurance, etc)

ConsMoving up in the company is often times a feeling of politics and who you know, not what you do.

billing support

Billing Support (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsRelative simple job, most of it is repetitive work for the same customers. The company's computer applications are antiquated (MS DOS based)

ConsWork environment is less than desirable company and does not have basic necessities to do work, office supplies are hard to come by.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire your contractors as full-time workers. Many of them have proven themselves more worthy that your own employees.

Computer Programmer

ProsAT&T is a wonderful company to work for. I enjoyed my experience with them and learned much from my peers. I was given many opportunities.

ConsSometimes they are stuck in their traditions, but that is why they have been around for as long as they have. Sometimes the culture is cliquish.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide various opportunities to members. Observe cliques within the company and directly and/or creatively discourage them particularly if they are unproductive and destructive towards either the bottom line or the devalue of others.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunity overall

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Cerritos, CA

ProsHonestly, the company compensates you for your hard work. If you are younger and are money hungry and can also be self-motivated, this job can suit you well.

ConsThere may be many times where you don't have a work life balance. You can feel overworked and exhausted. The commission comp plan can change many times, and some times it may seem unfair.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't become a manager if your heart isn't in it or if you never wanted to be one.

Store manager

Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood company to work for

ConsIt takes some time to move up in the Company and sometimes even if you are the best person for the job you get overlooked

Great Company

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsPay, Training, staff, benefits, discounts

ConsThe job can get stressful due to meeting quotas every month.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Don't care about customers or repeat business

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) West Lafayette, IN

ProsGood money for what you do

ConsManagement is crazy about numbers that don't matter or get you paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop sucking

Great company if you are self motivated by money.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOpportunity to make a lot of money, people are fun to work with.

ConsMicro management on a consistent basis. Favoritism is often played in manager- employee relations.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation is not equal to amount of work.

Bell South was great. AT&T was awful!!!

Customer Assistant (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsThe best reason to work for AT&T is so you want be jobless.

ConsAT&T really needs to work on their impossible stats. Example: if a customer calls you for help with their internet service and you help that customer. Afterwards you might ask is there anything or any other departments they would like..their answer is no but they will call back request to speak with billing and no the internet agent has a repeat. After so many you can get a write up all the way up to termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees because they are the one's that are on the front line.

CSI Call Operator

CSI Call Operator (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsGreat benefits but thats all.

ConsBelow average pay, management drives you to quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with some respect.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!