AT&T

5,868 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,733 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty impressive for the amount of work that's required (in 294 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 152 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 251 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 281 reviews)

More Highlights

Retail Sales Consultant

I worked at AT&T

Pros

They compensate employees who work hard very well. I learned a lot as far as how to drive sales and make money. Managers and co-workers will help you be the best sales person you are capable of. Training is all paid for and it's a great company to work for.

Cons

More time to work with the sales program on ipads before having employees be on the floor.

Uninspired and Bullied

Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Medford, OR

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wages and benefits are great. Training coming into the company is great. Nice people to work with and great products.

Cons

The preach work life balance, but there is none. The company is ruled but fear and intimidation , they do not live up to the promises they give when you go through the hiring process

Be more flexible with the people that work hard for you. You give no value to a hard worker and everything to someone that calls in sick constantly and will never stay a moment overtime. You need to back your managers and let them manage. Or create a robot.

Stable company with not much growth opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Extremely stable company that cares about employee satisfaction and customer satisfaction. However, the company does not have a promotion program/path for people that want to progress in their careers. It is extremely difficult to get promoted in spite of having year over year of excellent evaluations and results. The company is now becoming faster at adopting new technology trends/changes which is critical to remain as a leader in the new communications world we live in. The company respects a work/life balance.

Cons

Career growth is very limited as there is no promotion plan/path for individuals who show potential.

Develop a promotion program that allow individuals to get promoted based on achievements and years of experience.

Nice network

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* Nice people
    * Decent pay
    * Discounts

Cons

* Unmotivated people
    * Online training videos (basic and easy)
    * Reviews are based on quantity (like most places), not quality.

Great Pay, Hard Work, No Movement within Company

Current Employee - ATT Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - ATT Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great base pay in some job titles, Benefits are pretty good

Cons

Family Work Balance is very weak, This company expects you to put your job before your family (TRUTH), Movement within the company is almost non existent unless you know someone, If you are in a call center you are expected to be on the phone all day long and will be put on reports for every single thing including how many times you use the restroom, Be prepared to be micro managed

AT&T really needs to learn to work with employees more so we can actually feel like our family is important not only to us but to you as well. You should implement flex time or just be even slightly flexible when it comes to work life balance in ALL offices not just certain ones. Appreciate the long term employees more and actually give them a chance to be promoted or at least be able to transfer to other departments.

Needs work

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only thing good I have to say is the pay isn't too bad along with the benefits. Getting to be a part of new technology is also good.

Cons

I have watched assistant managers get passed on promotions because they are not in the "cool crowd". They work hard and do their job. No one tells them thank you but will give them , but not the store managers a hard time when the store is under performing. The store managers are lazy and don't know their left hand from their right. The store managers boss….. well the ones I have met are fake. They only acknowledge the store managers. My assistant manager does all the work and doesn't get any recognition. They have been in there position longer than they should but they wont give them a chance but constantly has them training people less qualified. I know it upsets my manager but I know they try their best to not let it get to them.

Stop promoting people because you known them for a long time. Upper management seems to forget their own struggles and don't give people chances to recover from past mistakes. Give existing management employees opportunities to get promoted instead of treating them poorly. People should be promoted based on experience not friendship.

The position is OK.

Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Detroit, MI

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free phone and cheap other services.

Cons

Lots of overtime
      Work life balance is difficult.

Hire more people.

A little bit of bureaucracy, but overall a great company

Former Employee - Technical Intern in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Intern in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at AT&T as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked at the Big Data office in Palo Alto, and it was overall a great workplace and had a nice laid back, company culture. Felt more like a start-up, and definitely was not the gray cubicle workplace I imagined. Also, free Thursday lunches!

Cons

It's hard to communicate between departments at times, and getting the right access privileges for your computer. Onboarding took much longer than it should have.

Technology Giant

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Truly do have the best network and devices in my experiences.

Cons

Quotas can get outrageous. Inconsistent direction from leadership. Opportunities seems scarce at times. Often can feel like I'm not paid enough for what I do and deal with.

I know a job is important, but so is quality of life.

Current Employee - First Level Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - First Level Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It USED to be great to work for ATT . We felt valued, empowered, and trusted. We had pride, loved doing our job, and it showed.

Cons

None of the above mentioned pros are there anymore. We are micromanaged ( no trust) not empowered in any way, given a heavier workload all the time, ( which has to go into evenings and days off or it won't get done ) and we keep watching pay decrease ( in commissions with constantly rising quotas)

Try fixing things on a high level, instead of just pushing more work downhill.