AT&T Reviews

6990 reviews filtered by

1. Sales Support Representative

Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits, 401 K, Paid time off, Union, Vacation, half off your phone bill, tuition reimburstment

Cons

Everything is based on seniority so don't expect the days you want off for vacation, you bid on a schedule and have no real off days, you can't request days off without having vacation and it needs to be put in a month in advance, you can't go to school or do anything unless you part time MAYBE, you don't get promoted or to transfer is someone with more seniority applies over you, you can't get to corporate without becoming a manager, work/life balance is horrible

2. Account Executive Local Dealer

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Tons of growth opportunities to move into different areas of the organization.

Cons

Compensation is not as competitive as other Account Executive positions in the market.

none.

3. A great experience to add to my resume!

Former Employee - Senior Reports Clerk in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Reports Clerk in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the pay, but there is no job security as a bargained employee. At any time they will do a surplus and just like that you are out of a job. The people in my group were great and the corporate location is laid back.

Cons

There is no job security, you are just a number. The people with more seniority are the ones who don't give their all, and the ones who work are effected.

Eliminate the problem employees don't hold those who work accountable for those who don't. This will make the work processes more efficient.

5. Great Company to work great Benefits

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

As Tech you work at your own pace and get to travel and meet all kinds of people. and overtime is there when ever you want it.

Cons

Managers dont care about you while you are out working in adverse conditions., the pressure is on when it comes to delivering the product and installed in a timely manner. forced overtime is no fun.

More pay for tech or let us have a normal schedule to provide better work life balance rather than chewing up vacation time just to have normal life.

6. Good benefits, good colleagues, good management

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

engaged management, solid benefits and compensation, not too much red tape considering the size of the company, good time off policy

Cons

Sometimes it seems challenging to move up the chain because of the size of the company and competition of other colleagues

Keep staying engaged with all levels of employees, and continue collecting feedback via surveys, town halls, etc. to get input from entire workforce

7. great company

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great pay, and benefits, the company understands its employees are their front line and attempt to take care of them

Cons

changes in strategy on a monthly basis, employees must change their habits to please management instead of their oaychecks

customer experience should be your number 1 priority not pleasing your direct supervisors, its clear that playing the corporate ladder game is the only thing most are concern about

8. My experience with this company has had its ups and downs but overall very satisfying.

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

The best reasons to work here is the ever changing technology in the mobile world, thus job security.

Cons

Some of the challenges would be opportunities for advancement. A lot of employees and few openings for management.

Continue to listen to your employees, try to incorporate a better work lie balance.

9. Great Training! Good Benefits. Good to work for an industry leader. Pension package is nice.

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Analyst in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Analyst in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Training program, Work life balance is excellent, Leader in its industry. Pension package is nice.

Cons

Can be a challenge to advance unless you go way above and beyond.

Don't tell employees that they are important and that you "care" about them then take away vacation that was already given so that they have to cancel flights and lose out on $$$.

10. New, exciting field

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Woodville, TX
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Woodville, TX

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Worked from home, made my own schedule, flexible hours . Got to learn how to use new computer systems and discovered many things about new cell devices.

Cons

Not enough hours, they were usually gone by the time I got to post. The rate of pay was not enough to support myself or family.

If you require a dedicated computer, should allow windows 8, an update to your whole interface would be very helpful, stop forcing the use of Internet Explorer 7, 8 and 9.

11. Good Company

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Great Benefits, BLA BLA BLA BLA

Cons

N/A BLA BLA BLA BLA