AT&T

5,599 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,592 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school (in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights

Big corporation with all the benefits and limitations that brings

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits in terms of pay and associated benefits such as pension, bonus and car allowance are all good. Leadership is changed frequently within functions which leads to changes in direction and lack of continuity, albeit the overall leadership quality at senior levels is OK. Work life balance is what you want it to be.

Cons

Lower level management are stuck in the 70's. Lots of old boys club activity seen with jobs going to someone who may not be best for the role. People there to pick up the money until they retire leads to a negative environment with lack of innovation.

Change is good. Trying to maintain how things have always been done is not. You must buy into and support innovation and accept that evolution has to happen.

Great company, even better future

Former Employee - Student Intern - Technical I  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Student Intern - Technical I in Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Employee culture, workspace 2020, Big Data, etc. AT&T is doing a great job at investing in its future. The employee and work culture is also incredible.

Cons

There were a lot of times when I felt that employees were being underutilized. I thought that some people weren't being challenged enough.

See Cons: make sure you challenge your employees!

Do not care for employees

Former Employee - RF Engineer III  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - RF Engineer III in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stable, ok salary and benefits, good work life balance, all the necessary trainings provided and job is relatively stable with low chances of lay offs.

Cons

Do not care much about employees. More focus on contractors. If your boss is good then life is good but if he is a jerk (like my previous boss) work life sucks.

Start caring about employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

AT&T is a GREAT place to work. It is a Great place to work if you want to learn new things.

Current Employee - Training Director  in  San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Training Director in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

AT&T is a company that provides you opportunities for advancement and opportunities to travel at the company's expense.

Cons

There are limited opportunities for advancement in California but if you want to work in Atlanta or Texas there are many opportunities for advancement.

Continue to survey your employees but also take action and implement suggestions that the employees provide about how the company can improve customer service areas.

Great pay and Benefits. Very Hard to Beat. Minimal growth opportunities if you are craft employee.

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Pay and Benefits. Still has defined pension plan and a 401k with match

Cons

work life balance, 24/7 scheduling is only done 2 weeks out. very hard to plan for events in future.

unsatisfied

I worked at AT&T as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

it was only a job

Cons

it was not length promised

none for temps

Exciting,and enjoyable experience.

Current Employee - Collection Representative  in  Commerce, CA
    Current Employee - Collection Representative in Commerce, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

learning how to communicate with different types of people being able to help can accommodate customers to their needslearning how to solve problems and it's same time to communicate and enjoy the benefits and and experience that this job has to offer.

Cons

every position is a very challenging position put your mind to it and as long as your determined and focused you can always overcome anything that you see in the future as something negative be positive I think something very challenging will be the fact that overtime may not necessarily be offered as I would like to be I like being challenged and in telecommunications the experience itself is challenging.

I've been in a position before where as a collection Rep I was not very popular with the customers however I learned that no matter how bad the news is sometimes you as a representative have control of the call is how you communicate with the customer that will give you the best result

Awesome company to work for

Current Employee - RSC  in  Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - RSC in Bronx, NY

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Do your job, hit your monthly number and you'll be in good grace. Pays well, commission structure has changed drastically over the years, but there's still head way on a good pay check based on your sales commission.

Cons

Numbers are everything that is been focused on. There Are sometimes intangible performance that aren't measured by numbers, actions that cannot be scored on paper based on a prewritten rubric but those go unnoticed. If your performance doesn't stand out you don't stand out.

Implement a way for your employees to get incentives on just being extraordinary, not on numbers but actions that help their teammates their store and the company overall.

AT&T clerical employee reviews

Former Employee - Clerical  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Clerical in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

good company with ok benefits

Cons

long chain of management no self decision

Things are deteriorating

Current Employee - Retail Stores  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Stores in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co workers at least for now. Good customers too. Just scared for the future.. decent enough pay. Good benefits.

Cons

Intense sales pressure and hourly coaching and monitoring. Customers are only seen as "marks" to be sold to or to be tricked or manipulated. I feel very much like a used acar salesperson.

Be more holistic and professional.. used to be a decent employer but not anymore.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!