AT&T

5,599 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,592 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school (in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights

108 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Constantly changing...including pay structure, goals, benefits, incentives and personnel.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good compensation for the task at hand as well as benefits and sometimes hours. AT&T clearly listens to the share holders and will focus on the trends that is going to drive revenue for the current quarter you're in. A lot of programs to enroll into and get extra training to improve skillset.

Cons

Too much change and the hypocrisy that is big business. Seems like there is a lot of things that go on behind close doors that isn't fully and accurately communicated to the individual discussed about.

Stand behind your people. Especially the high performers. For a lot of the company values and lessons learned over my time with the company, there was a lot that they didn't follow through with themselves.

Losing 10k each year while selling more than ever before!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are declining but better than some out there, sure beats obamacare!

Cons

Sales commission changes every 3-6 months, making it harder to hit goals and completely impossible in most markets to tier out and actually make good money. You will have a 10k-20k decline every year until it is the same workers as McDonalds or Burger King. Health care is still better than most but is rising quickly in cost each month with less benefits. Constant harassment from managers. Company policies popping up blatantly to get rid of the loyal, hardworking senior employees that make top end hourly rate to hire in new much lower paid workers. There has always been a high turnover rate with this company but all of the dedicated and motivated people have stayed, tried and true. This means nothing, we have made the company one of the most powerful and now the dog has turned on us to bite. It's very sad and disheartening

Take care of your team, the ones that run ragged day and night to make this company successful! Your policies and procedures do nothing for you, we do!
    If you choose to continue on this path of destruction, you will have removed everyone that is valuable and at that point everything will fail and that step climb we did for all of those years to the top, will drop straight down on its face. All of the years of hardwork, skipped vacations, 60+ work weeks for nothing! just to see it all be washed away by people that do not understand how everything in this company has worked and grown for so many years.
    Open up your eyes, before it's too late

Good to start off, but as you get adjusted you think about what you have gotten yourself into.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Earth City, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Earth City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay with decent benefits also. Will allow you to work all of the hours you can handle.

Cons

Manadatory OT for multiple months provides no work life balance at all. Be aware of managers that tell you to do things that you know are not right, as they will be against you if issues arise.

Be honest with the employees. Just because your numbers are not meeting what the hire ups are looking for doesn't mean that you take the easy way out by having employees break the rules.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Area Manager

Current Employee - Area Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Depending on the organization; 1) you may have your leadership's support and gain exposure to upper management, 2) you may be awarded for superior results, and 3) your annual salary increase and bonus may be commensurate to your results.

Cons

Depending on the organization; 1) leadership support is merely smoke & mirrors, 2) you won't be awarded for superior results, and 3) your annual salary increase is determined by your current salary and your peer's as your superior results are disregarded. Lastly.....remember the HR organization employees' checks are also signed by AT&T.

Be honest, don't create hostile work environments, and look at yourself and how your employees respond to you. You just may be the problem.

Great experience with some bumps in the road.

Former Employee - Computer Programmer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Computer Programmer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very flexible work environment, and given freedom to do your job without constant supervision.

Cons

Had to survive several downsizing, outsourcing, and off-shoring efforts.

I thought management was quite good, and would tell them to continue on the same path.

Opportunity in so many areas as long as the individual is proactive and career-focused.

Current Employee - Supply Chain  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Professional deveopment, leadership, company product benefits, medical/dental benefits

Cons

work-life balance and corporate culture

more movement towards promoting work-life balance and modernizing corporate culture

Time with AT&T was good. Hectic pace, but so are most IT positions for major corporations.

Former Employee - Senior Specialist-Application Production Support  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Specialist-Application Production Support in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good work experiences. Good benefits, though they have degraded over the last decade.

Cons

When I first began working for AT&T, the CEO was Ed Whitacre. Ed came up through the ranks of the company to become CEO. He appreciated his workforce and people worked hard for him. Morale was good.
    However, when Ed retired, Randall Stephenson took over as CEO. Randall is a business major and runs the company as such. People mean little to him. Getting an extra nickel for the stock holders is more important. With this goal in mind, every month hundreds of AT&T jobs are off-shored.
    Don't count on AT&T to appreciate you.

Randall and company: when you expand into other countries, hire workers from that country to perform work there. When there is work to be done in this country, keep American workers. It's one thing to hire abroad when there isn't a good supply of trained workers at home, but entirely another to off-shore at the expense of American families. Stop off-shoring American jobs.

A great place where opportunities are endless

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company plans for where the industry is heading and provides all the tools and resources to ensure its employees have the skills to meet the demand

Cons

The only thing I wish is that I would have taken more of my own lead in exploring all the numerous opportunities that are available via the company

Introduction to the corporate world.

Former Employee - Senior Reports Clerk  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Reports Clerk in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent money considering that the tasks were mindless. I can't think of any company that pays as much for little to no work.

Cons

Work was monotonous, was on auto pilot, did not have to think - was not allowed to make independent decisions. I could feel myself dumbing down.

If you are first starting out in a career this would be a good place to start.

Former Employee - Systems Administrative  in  Hoffman, IL
    Former Employee - Systems Administrative in Hoffman, IL

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people you work with are knowledgeable and helpful. The pay is good and freedom to work from allowed for more work to get done.

Cons

The company has no desire to help improve their employees. They have no direction that is measurable and useful. They are slow in implementing technologies.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!