ATA Retail

ATA Retail Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

A wonderful side job within the city

Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

Prosno weekend, or late evening, decent pay

Consless than 20 hours depend on how large or small store. order place

Advice to Senior ManagementI would upper management or corp to offer more hours to employee who's show imitative.

The hiring process is a disaster

Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) Olympia, WA

Prospay rate is good for actual work in stoer

Consdisjointed and communication between employees is fragmented

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your new hires with more respect

Fun but you won't get rich!

Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsYou vitually work for yourself. If you like working on your own and choosing your own hours this job is perfect. It is a fun job where going to work is a good thing, not something that you dread.

ConsDon't be waiting for a pay raise! ATA is stingy with the money. It is hourly and part-time so be careful. It is very easy to do 15 minutes over without benefit of pay. Be sure to keep track of what you spend time wise. Supervisors make more $$ but the extra work that you are required really does not make it worth the extra bucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a fun job and you treat your employees great. But how about loosening up the purse strings and pay for mileage?
    A raise now and again woodn't hurt either.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for.

Merchandiser/Supervisor (Current Employee) Beaumont, TX

ProsI had some family illness that took me away from work for several week, and my supervisors were so helpful and very supportive.

ConsI have not had any problems with this company, just wish it was full time.

Easy and time for Family

Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee)

ProsPart time, service your stores in a few hours and the rest of your day is yours. Management keeps in touch and keeps us in the loop!

ConsI have nothing bad to say... No cons

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!

A Very Poor Company to Work For

Merchandiser (Former Employee)

ProsThe company offers flexible hours that you can set yourself. One is expected to be self motivated and accountable. Weekends and evenings are usually free.

ConsPoor communication, poor management, poor training and poor ethics were apparent while I was there. Senior employees responsible for training contradicted the corporate instructions provided to trainees. Verbal instructions often contradicted the written guidelines. Training was haphazardly done and very inconsistent between one person to the next. One trainer contradicted herself every 5 minutes and disparaged company policy nonstop. There was a complete lack of professionalism.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge written communications from new hires and consider those viewpoints.

Merchandiser

Merchandiser (Former Employee) Oskaloosa, IA

ProsYou can pretty much design your schedule and there is no one micromanaging you.

ConsThe pay is very low, there are minimal stores in non-urban areas and the time to complete stores is underestimated a great deal.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe rate of pay is too low in order to encourage the level of standards you are trying to uphold including asking for more sales from the store. There is also next to no training. To increase sales there should be more communication.

I didn't want to believe the negative reviews posted here, but, after putting in 2 years with ATA, they are very true!

Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsYou can somewhat make your own schedule, but not always.

ConsLow pay, absolutely no raises, even though I was promised a review. I helped fix other stores that were in need of help because the previous merchandiser had run them into the ground (while getting paid all along to do a bad jobf for years).
    I was told that turning my weekly schedule in was how I was rated for a yearly raise, but this is untrue. Even though my store audit was excellent, there was no compliment or pay raise. I had a perfect store call record after 2 years, and had to quit because I had a schedule conflict with one store and they won't let you drop a store from your route, you just have to give up all stores. I feel bad for the stores that buy in to this sloppily run program. The products are cheap and often come in damaged. In many of my stores, the only way I could get an order was if the product got stolen or damaged. ATA doesn't care, they just force the product out of the warehouse, regardless of whether or not it sells.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-create your company to value integrity and honesty with your clients. Doing this may lead to a natural increase in your sales.

A big waste of my time,my patience,and my gas

Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

Prospart time working hours in the morning.

Consthey wont pay you for all the hours that do while you are in different stores doing merchandiser work for their company. For example if you spend 4hrs putting up inventory in large store they have a contract with. The work order that came with the inventory indicates that it will only take 2hrs to stock this store and 2hrs is what your getting paid for but it always take longer than what someone in payroll, marketing or management guesses.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have almost all your retail merchandiser working part time. At least pay them for set hours when these people go into all these different stores that you people have these huge contracts with. Making lots of money selling junk! Lets be honest! And dealing with managers that aren't that fond of A.T.A. product in their stores to being with. Some managers are helpful when you try put A.T.A. stuff in their stores but most treat you like a dam shoplifter! all the maintenance that has to be done just to keep these display racks and shelf hangs hanging and all the B.S.that comes from dealing lazy store employees not doing their jobs making yours harder and let's not forget lovable customer that never seems to know where is the item their looking for and needs your help to find it. The point is! All this kind of stuff happens in these stores almost every time you go in to do merchandiser work for A.T.A. and it takes extra time to deal with all of the expected and unexpected. Pay your employees for set hours. 4 full hrs no more no less not how long you guess it would take for them to get done! Even a low minimum wage paying cleaning company can pay their employees for set hrs. It might not be much pay but at least you know what the hours are when you go to work for that company. My time dealing with A.T.A. was a waste of time,money,gas,energy,an patience!

This company won't last! Management very unprofessional.

Merchandiser (Current Employee)

ProsStore personnel appreciate your service.

ConsManagement never sticks up for you, they just let you know what your doing wrong.
    No raises given. No benefits. Insurance no longer available. Cheat you on your time. They do not pay you for any work done at home including processing orders. Cheapest quality products that's embarrassing to distribute.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive some positive reinforcement to your hard working people.

Worked for ATA Retail? Contribute to the Community!