ATB Financial Reviews

Reset
4.2
ATB Financial President & CEO Dave Mowat
Dave Mowat

Pros
  • Work life balance is paid attention to (in 49 reviews)

• The ability for most of the positions to work from home is why I applied to work here (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Given work loads or tasks related to projects/changes work life balance can be a struggle (in 9 reviews)

• Office culture varies and even though I am equipped to work from home, the flexibility is being removed because of "optics" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

ATB is THE place to work.

Current Employee - Project Coordinator, Talent Development in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Great people in all areas of the organization - Culture is Contagios; Value honesty, integrity, being innovative & engaging - Work-life balance is a priority; they truly care about their employees - Endless career opportunities & opportunity for professional/personal development - Amazing leaders who think 'outside the box'

Cons

- Systems are often difficult to use - but they are working on this every day & provide exceptional support and assistance where needed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - ATB is going in the right direction and gaining momentum to truly revolutionize how banking is done.

Dec 3, 2014 – Talent Specialist

It is such a pleasure to see how team members describe the culture at ATB. Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review and reinforcing the direction we’re headed. We also appreciate ... More

2. Can't complain!

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Work life balance, consistency, security

Cons

Lack of innovation, as with most massive banks

Advice to Management

Continue moving the needle, hire innovators and take risks

3. Data computation

Pros

Nice enough staff. Okay place to focus. Not so busy. It was a non branch though, so that's expecte.

Cons

Not a great structure. Poor communication between the manager and summer students. No real means of asking for clarification. My belief is that the direction and goals of management are not known to other levels. It's a bank. Not my type of work. I'm an innovator. So this review may not apply to your exp.

5. Respect, teamwork, growth and fun!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

An amazing organization, all around. Large enough to have the important bits in place: amazing benefits, progressive campuses and head office, lots of like-minded folks to collaborate and do amazing work with, and an actual, tangible emphasis on work/life balance. High hiring standards puts you in good company.

Cons

Some folks that got in before the high hiring standards probably wouldn't have passed, had they tried now. To be expected, and patience will cure all. :-)

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Love it here.Thank you for being amazing leaders that inspire great work.

6. A very different organization

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Progressive WFH program and work scheduling practices. Very passionate about their customers

Cons

backwater IT policies in contrast to their other workplace management practices. Mom an Pop shop attitude to IT implementation practices that frequently impact customers

Aug 31, 2015 – Talent Specialist

We’re glad to hear that you see passion and progressive programs at ATB. We also appreciate your feedback around IT policies. Your comments are further confirmation that the work we’re doing on “the ... More

7. Too much drama, too much favoritism

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Grande Prairie, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive with family, great benefits, everyday heroes program is awesome

Cons

Drama between coworkers. No accountability from csm and abm. Favoritism.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same. Help each person reach their goals, not just your favorites. Communicate openly with everyone, not just a chosen few

8. Customer

I worked at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Reasonable pay. Good benefits. Met many good people and enjoyed the work that I did.

Cons

To many people being let go for no reason. Some talent recruiters are not responsible enough for the position they hold. They may have the degree but not the maturity for the position. All interviews are suppose to be the same under the new structure yet the ATB's formula is not be followed by all.

Advice to Management

I find it interesting that the Talent Specialist do not respond to any reviews that don't say something good about ATB. Maybe this is were the trouble lies and the issues are not being looked into. It might be time the issues were addressed.

Aug 10, 2015 – Talent Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is great to know that you enjoyed the work and the people, but I am sorry to hear that you felt issues were not being looked into. While we do ... More

9. Relationship Manager

Former Employee - Alberta in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Alberta in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

-ATB really does care about their clients. That is something that I have always respected about the bank. -Senior management is very good strategically, but average tactically (front line need the tools to succeed) -Look to extend themselves. Ultimately, ATB Financial is a regional player - can only play in Alberta. However, they try to implement a big bank mentality.

Cons

-Training for executives is good, for front line it is weak -SAP system implementation a true nightmare as the front line had a difficult time providing a truly wonderful customer experience. -Do not truly equip front-line with tools to succeed.

Advice to Management

The training for relationship managers is absolutely horrific. It is fantastic that you are meeting your targets, but get your SAP system in order so that the front line people can truly provide a wonderful customer experience.

Aug 10, 2015 – Talent Specialist

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We really appreciate your specific advice as it will help to identify priorities and what needs to be fixed. Your passion for providing a wonderful customer ... More

10. position review

Pros

Overall, the company does value its employees and their goals.

Cons

Depending on positions, some I believe are at a lesser pay scale for the industry.

popularity contest

Former Employee - Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Personal Banker

I worked at ATB Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, pension. Not as much required as the big 5 banks. Had an okay training program.

Cons

Where to start. Pushed out good employees. So much problems between employees. People will step on you and pretend to be your friend. It's a popularity contest. If your not liked your gone.

Advice to Management

Go back to the old atb. The one that everyone was wanting to work for and employee moral was a lot higher. Better training as well for new employees

RSS Feed </> Embed