ATB Financial Reviews

Reset
4.1
ATB Financial President & CEO Dave Mowat
Dave Mowat

Pros
  • Work life balance is paid attention to (in 49 reviews)

• The ability for most of the positions to work from home is why I applied to work here (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Given work loads or tasks related to projects/changes work life balance can be a struggle (in 9 reviews)

• Office culture varies and even though I am equipped to work from home, the flexibility is being removed because of "optics" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

ATB is THE place to work.

Current Employee - Project Coordinator, Talent Development in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Great people in all areas of the organization - Culture is Contagios; Value honesty, integrity, being innovative & engaging - Work-life balance is a priority; they truly care about their employees - Endless career opportunities & opportunity for professional/personal development - Amazing leaders who think 'outside the box'

Cons

- Systems are often difficult to use - but they are working on this every day & provide exceptional support and assistance where needed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - ATB is going in the right direction and gaining momentum to truly revolutionize how banking is done.

ATB Financial Response

Dec 3, 2014 – Talent Specialist

It is such a pleasure to see how team members describe the culture at ATB. Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review and reinforcing the direction we’re headed. We also appreciate ... More

2. Can't complain!

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Work life balance, consistency, security

Cons

Lack of innovation, as with most massive banks

Advice to Management

Continue moving the needle, hire innovators and take risks

3. Data computation

I have been working at ATB Financial

Pros

Nice enough staff. Okay place to focus. Not so busy. It was a non branch though, so that's expecte.

Cons

Not a great structure. Poor communication between the manager and summer students. No real means of asking for clarification. My belief is that the direction and goals of management are not known to other levels. It's a bank. Not my type of work. I'm an innovator. So this review may not apply to your exp.

5. Relationship Manager

Former Employee - Alberta in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Alberta in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at ATB Financial

Pros

-ATB really does care about their clients. That is something that I have always respected about the bank. -Senior management is very good strategically, but average tactically (front line need the tools to succeed) -Look to extend themselves. Ultimately, ATB Financial is a regional player - can only play in Alberta. However, they try to implement a big bank mentality.

Cons

-Training for executives is good, for front line it is weak -SAP system implementation a true nightmare as the front line had a difficult time providing a truly wonderful customer experience. -Do not truly equip front-line with tools to succeed.

Advice to Management

The training for relationship managers is absolutely horrific. It is fantastic that you are meeting your targets, but get your SAP system in order so that the front line people can truly provide a wonderful customer experience.

6. position review

I worked at ATB Financial

Pros

Overall, the company does value its employees and their goals.

Cons

Depending on positions, some I believe are at a lesser pay scale for the industry.

7. Business Advisor

I worked at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Flexible work environment, performance driven by results, variable pay, great work environment, coaching.

Cons

Always seems to be changes.

8. Good Place to work

I worked at ATB Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Good place to work - Senior leadership is very nice and approachable - They value their people and your voice is heard - Very involved in the community - If you want to improve your skill set this is the place to do it, as they have several programs in place for personal and professional development that the organization will pay for as long as it relates to your job

Cons

- Lots of politics!! - At times you could say that the inmates run the asylum -

Advice to Management

- Please make sure you put the right leaders in the right jobs. It has more impact on the staff than you think.

popularity contest

Former Employee - Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Personal Banker

I worked at ATB Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, pension. Not as much required as the big 5 banks. Had an okay training program.

Cons

Where to start. Pushed out good employees. So much problems between employees. People will step on you and pretend to be your friend. It's a popularity contest. If your not liked your gone.

Advice to Management

Go back to the old atb. The one that everyone was wanting to work for and employee moral was a lot higher. Better training as well for new employees

10. Senior Manager

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Working from home -Fantastic work life balance -Awesome culture from the top down

Cons

-Many structure changes in the last 2 years creating uncertainty in this job market

ATB Financial Response

Jun 29, 2015 – Talent Specialist

We’re happy to hear that you appreciate ATB’s culture and opportunities for work-life balance! Thank you for your constructive feedback and taking the time to write this review.

Addressing

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATB Financial

Pros

Addressing the comment entitled 'popularity contest' and speaking from many years of work experience here at ATB and elswehere, I would like to share my thoughts. There may be small / local pockets of dissatisfaction at ATB, this is natural and changes from day to day, period to period, monthends and busy times as well as personal life situations, all affect how we all interact with each other. Developing self awareness is the key to address and deal with these types of negative situations. Approaching from a place of understanding, both myself and the other person and accommodating that person/s are some small ways in which I have been able to overcome my negative feelings and influence my local work environment. It may sound counterintuitive, but this always works in the long run. I am a happy person at work and at home because of this attitude I have learnt to develop. Afterall, we cannot control what others do, say, we can only control how we react, We all simply want to be happy, dont we? Happiness takes effort. I believe ATB provides the environment to flourish and be happy. But it is a choice we make each day. Our engagement score this year is 84%, the highest. This speaks to most of us feeling positive about ATB. By the way, these are my personal comments that came from my heart :)

Cons

I beleive some leaders may be cynical about our new direction / vision of the ATBs. I think each leader must motivate themeselves first and then inspire their direct reports to actually experience what we say in the ATBs - being happy, transforming banking, etc. All of this comes only through example from our leaders. I would like to see more leaders living the ATBs every day in small things.

Advice to Management

Be the change you wish to see at ATB, every day.

RSS Feed </> Embed