ATB Financial

ATB Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

ATB Financial President & CEO Dave Mowat

Dave Mowat

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance with a results oriented work environment being rolled out(in 43 reviews)

• Many employees can work from home or work remotely from any where i(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Given work loads or tasks related to projects/changes work life balance can be a struggle(in 9 reviews)

• The values they talk about are not demonstrated and senior management are not held accountable(in 6 reviews)

Great company to work in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsPositive vibe, employees are respected, good benefits, flexible hours

ConsSometimes changes come from nowhere. In some division, decision making is inconsistent.

Jul 17, 2014

We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed the positive vibe in your time with ATB. Thank you for providing your feedback; we communicate our reviews internally so that we can understand how to improve ... More

Overall a good career, and supportive company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsThe benefits and perks are excellent, and overall the job I do is enjoyable. Generally the people I work with a really good, intelligent and supportive. There is always opportunities to move into, and lots of training and other support provided.

ConsManagement at times can be a bit paternalistic, secretive, and nitpicky. under which it can be sometimes hard to feel trusted and treated appropriately.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking with professionals, treat team members as professionals and the adults we all are.

Mostly positive

Learning Consultant (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsGreat work life balance and support of professional development

ConsCompany values seem to be incongruent. The values they talk about are not demonstrated and senior management are not held accountable.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive by what you teach

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful leadership training

ProsAs part of the leadership team with ATB, I feel very fortunate about the time, energy and dedication the company offers in leadership training. Coupled with the culture ATB has, I feel ATB is an excellent company that communicates it's goals and objectives. I truly believe in the "Higher Gear" mantra and I am truly motivated and driven to help support my team reach it's own Higher Gear!! Truly an unbelievable company to be part of!!!

ConsWorkplace 2.0 is highly talked about in other Areas of Expertise. I work in an environment where some of the flexibility in work arrangements is not possible for my team. I wish there was better support in how to deal with the questions and constant inquiries surrounding this amazing benefit ATB has to offer.

Great opportunity to acheive your career goals!

Invoice Analyst (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsATB puts value and committment into their employees. ATB understand achieving success by enhancing the employees to give the outstanding service to our customers. We all want to have a great day at work, so why not let each employee make the choice to put value and success into themselves.

ConsCompanies have growing pains too! It's just part of life. I don't see any "Cons" with ATB, but we are definitely learning from past experiences and challenging new ways of thinking. Making changes to any company takes time and as long as we reduce the risks and impacts and can continue to acheive success with keeping the smiles on our faces, we will continue to do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am so pleased to hear that not only is our marketing sending the same message as what we are acheiving within the walls of our business units and branches. The direction of our strategic plans are very clear and consise and I am anticipating to see what we are just going to do once we have acheived these goals. Thank you!

Jun 13, 2014

Thank you for the review! We’re glad that you’re excited about ATB’s plans and future. We are too.

Business & AG is the place to be- Great leadership

Business & AG Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsFrom VP to director, this company has THE BEST leadership
    Amazing work/home life balance
    Finally feel appreciated
    Finally feel heard

ConsTargets for sales people in rural communities can be difficult to meet ie Merchants etc. Most of my customers are AG, and the only thing they want is a great relationship not a sales pitch

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Overall great company

PERSONAL BANKING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsPay is good compared to the big banks, benefits are great!

ConsWould like to see more promotion within the company.

Jun 9, 2014

Thank you for the positive review! It is good to hear that you’re appreciating our whole benefits package. I’d also like to thank you for your feedback around promotions. We’ve recently introduced a ... More

Helping make Alberta even better!

Director (Current Employee)

ProsCommunity focused, diverse career paths, amazing people, exceptional leadership

ConsOnly in Alberta....so if you love it you will be happy!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on leadership, and developing your people....great work!

Jun 9, 2014

Wow, thank you for the excellent review! We are so proud to help our team members develop and reach their goals without having to leave this beautiful province.

Long Term Employee

Business Advisor (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsGood Direction, Great Benefits, Good Workforce, Easy to get along with

ConsSmaller Organization trying to compete with large corporations, Promise changes that never come through

Advice to Senior ManagementDont tell employees that things will happen when they are not easily attainable or have been promised in the past

Former Contract Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery good place to work if comfort, security, and diversity of opportunity are desired features of a job. No shortage of social events, opportunities to meet people wihin and outside your department.
    Generally a calm environment compared to most places I've experienced

ConsSeems there could be challenges for front end staff given nature of banking, but as a support employee did not experience any challenges that would not exist elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain that work-life balance, it's a great asset often taken for granted.

Jun 3, 2014

We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at ATB Financial! Thank you very much for the review. We will certainly share your message to “maintain that work-life balance” with senior management ... More

Worked for ATB Financial? Contribute to the Community!