ATEL Capital

Dean L. Cash

Challenging but Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ATEL Capital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a definite camaraderie amongst ATEL employees which I feel is built up by HR through the various business and social development programs that they provide. There are a number of great perks offered that I haven’t experienced elsewhere: monthly lunch & learn sessions, casual Friday, weekly breakfast and afternoon treats, free drinks and espresso, team-building events, opportunities to attend luxury sporting events, and other company-sponsored social events.

Cons

The workload and expectations are challenging, and personally I find that to be a plus but it’s not for everyone. ATEL is a privately owned company that built its success on very strict and rigid business strategies that can rub employees the wrong way. Executive Management has very high and sometimes very difficult expectations that often times seem impossible, but nonetheless can be done. That said I push myself harder to produce better results and often surprise myself. This type of work environment isn’t fit for everyone and they tend to complain about a disconnected CEO who flaunts his wealth. To that I would argue that at any other company, they’d be lucky to even meet the CEO much less see him every day. ATEL is a small company and if this doesn’t suit you then try corporate America.

Talk to employees about progression and growth planning. ATEL is a great company to work for and it would be ideal to have a future path in place.

Unfortunately, the reality fails to live up to the potential at ATEL

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ATEL Capital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great office location, and some of the lower level employees are really nice people. There are also occasionally fun events.

Cons

Upper level management is disconnected from the reality of life in the office, and disconnected from the lower level employees. This really creates a Ruler and Serfs type of environment, with general office morale quite low.
    Pay is also below market average.
    The negativity trickles down from the top, where the arrogant CEO doesn't seem to care one whit for the everyday employee.

Start treating employees as if they are partners in the success of ATEL instead of treating them like peons. You are not better than the rest of us just because you make more money than we do. Share the wealth, and stop hoarding the vast bulk of the profits.

Very poor. Executives are jerks and it trickles down throughout the whole company. Stay away!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at ATEL Capital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every once in a while the company would pay for lunch.

Cons

Very limited opportunities for advancement. Salary below industry. Poor corporate culture. No raises (all the money goes directly into the executives' pockets.

Try to treat people with respect. You don't make money without the "little guys". Also try to repair your name. There are too many people in the industry that won't even do business with you anymore because of shady business practices.

Not a place I would ever want to work at again

I worked at ATEL Capital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice office location and some of my coworkers were nice people

Cons

Incompetent and lazy management. Senior management is content to pull in the paychecks and make no progress. A bit of a churn and burn mentality with sales, marketing, and leasing. No real training or investment is made in these employees. If you don't perform, and fast, you're canned, without any notice or attempt to help improve things.
    CEO is hands-off and is really out of touch with the lower ranked employees. This attitude filters from the top down, creating an environment of uncertainty and anxiety.

Sell the company to a team with new blood and passion to improve the way things work at ATEL

Current Employee - ATEL Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - ATEL Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ATEL Capital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment and culture is engaging, professional yet flexible and often entertaining. I enjoy the versatility of my position and the ability to contribute and interact with other departments. Working at ATEL provides an working balance that is both challenging and rewarding. They provides a lot of perks for employees and offers the opportunity for advancement and professional development for those that show interest and the initiative. I love the people I work with and I am excited to walk into such a modern and attractive office every day.

Cons

ATEL is not for people that like a lot of structure, formal environment and hand holding. The environment is a combination of formal learning and rolling up your sleeves and diving in and coming up with new ideas and ways of doing things.

Keep up the cool perks!!!
    Maybe we can do more team building events and company sponsored lunches!!

ATEL Capital Response

Jul 24, 2014SVP, HR

Thank you for your comments.

I agree, ATEL does offer opportunity and advancement as well as salary increases and bonuses for a job well done. As a matter of fact, as far as advancement, I am an
    ... More

Bad company, easy job, definition of dead end job

Former Employee - Investor Services Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Investor Services Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at ATEL Capital full-time

Pros

Easy job, not micromanaged, decent health insurance

Cons

No chance at job growth. Never get a meaningful raise, bonus, etc. Could care less about employees. Upper management and Hr run the companies like bullies, which leads to department infighting and bad attitudes.

Act like you care, offer promotions, don't brag about all the money you make and never give employees raises. Stop all the lies.

Work environment is independent and flexible but the pay is on the low end

I have been working at ATEL Capital

Pros

able to work independent without much supervision

Cons

better compensation and benefits. Clearer communication between departments