ATI Allvac

ATI Allvac Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

i drove heavy equipment and a over head crane.

Machine Operator (Former Employee) Lancaster, SC

Prosit was a good work place.

Conswe did a lot of work for the government

Advice to Senior Managementlooking for a career and a good work place

Allvac Metal Company

Watch Your Back Attitude

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace Exsisting Management

Pretty Good Job

Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) Monroe, NC

ProsGreat Benefits, Good Pay, Several Different Departments, Room for Advancing, Quarterly Bonuses, Can get job through employment agency, 4 different shifts

Conslots of manual labor for most jobs, was getting hit hard by economy recession when I worked there, inhaled a lot of metal dust, extreme heat in some buildings, strict policies, uncomfortable uniform

Advice to Senior ManagementGood Job Making It Through The Lay-Offs. You've done well at recovering the previous pay and bonuses we were use to getting.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Process Engineer (Former Employee) Monroe, NC

ProsEmployees get great health plan coverage, 401k match, company stock program, and performance bonuses when times are good. The company is full of good people who work well as a team. It is a well-established, competitive, and cutting-edge company that invests in the newest technology, and provides opportunities for performers who desire new challenges.

ConsThe Metallurgical Engineering staff was often bullied by leadership in other groups of the company, especially Sales and Operations, and their worth is often questioned, even though they are what keeps the company competitive through technical innovation, creativity, product development, and cost savings. The Metallurgical Engineering staff performs tasks that should be relegated to other job functions and areas (and are in other companies), and is very thin compared to that of other similar companies, such as Carpenter Technologies. Most of my colleagues and peers had workloads that were pretty ridiculous. At the time I left, I was doing the work of 2.5 engineers, without hint of a true raise for nearly two years. I was also getting paid considerably less than my peers at the competition. There was also a bit of cronyism that went on while I was there. I hear that has changed but I have no first-hand knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more metallurgists, and give the ones you have more respect, because they are what keeps the company competitive. CarTech employs nearly twice as many as Allvac does, and is in a better position to compete as a result of the value it places on its technical staff. Get rid of the leeches, there are many in the ranks, some in positions of high authority.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for ATI Allvac? Contribute to the Community!