ATI Physical Therapy (Illinois)
www.atipt.com Bolingbrook, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

ATI Physical Therapy (Illinois) Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Greg Steil

amazing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat atmosphere, great people, the higher ups were amazing, very understanding. i loved my boss

Consi worked here for several months and had no complaints

Clinician focused company

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat benefits, friendly working environment, well organized. The company culture is excellent and upper management seems to be very involved despite recent rapid growth. Resources available to clinical staff is remarkable, EMR, benefits, reasonable patient volume, pay.

ConsLarge infrastructure with many layers of centralized management processes creates very challenging communication/inefficiency; redundancy in workload/reporting for managers

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication between departments to decrease redundancy in workload for managers. Continue to support clinical staff. The strength of the company relies heavily on the quality of the clinical staff and controls placed on "good" clinical staff limits their effectiveness at times.

Salaries Are Ridiculously Low

Physical Therapist (Former Employee)
    Westmont, IL

ProsThe people were nice and I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The patients at this clinic are also great.

ConsATI is a stepping stone to a better, higher-paying PT job. If you're fresh out of school and need to get experience, ATI is a good place for that. As for compensation, it is significantly lower than what you can find elsewhere. ATI believes in cheap, inexperienced labor.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut patient care above your bottom line and offer competitive salaries

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not so amazing to work for.

Patient Representative (Former Employee)
    Newark, DE

ProsIt use to be a medium size employee group

ConsSalary to low, expected to much for salary, micro management, contradicted in what they offer they employes

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your words in what you offer, no micro management, don't offer the position or training only to the ones you are friends with or related more at the job, give the opportunity to everyone. Please give a descent salary.

Wonderful colleagues and never a dull moment!

ProsAt its core, ATI has a really solid mission and I've been impressed with how passionate the staff is about truly helping patients in the very best way possible. There is a great sense of teamwork at ATI. People work really hard, but infuse just the right amount of fun into work. The company is growing so there are many opportunities for career advancement.

ConsVery few cons for someone who enjoys a busy, high energy work environment. Be prepared to really give it your all everyday because there is no downtime.

Intent was good, follow through was not.

Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsClinicians that care about their patients, a good vision for the company.

ConsNo follow through on vision, closed minded management

Advice to Senior ManagementI came to ATI with over 8 years of experience. I was given a hourly wage increase of $0.01 over my last job because they explained that I was already at the top of what they pay their front office coordinators. They promised that after 90 days, they would review my performance and have a basis for increasing my wage, and possibly talk about a promotion. I didn't have to leave my other job, but I really liked the things that ATI told me. I liked that they focused on patient care and not numbers. I liked that they stressed a work life balance for all of their employees. I liked that they seemed like a group of amazing people that just really wanted to help people, and it was working for them. But then they got too busy and didn't increase clinical staff. And suddenly the one on one patient care that was promised was instead double, triple, and sometimes quadruple booked. At the clinical management level, our director was being stretched and overextended, as were several other clinicians. There was no longer any regard for work-life balance. It was all work, and there was no flexibility in that. Now I was not a clinician. I was a front office coordinator, so the increase in patients affected me as well. I had worked in busy offices and run them on my own before with nothing but compliments for my work ethic and responsibility and ability to keep the office running. At ATI, I felt that I did the same. I even offered help and information to the head of the front office staff (I can't remember the title - but the corporate manager for all office staff) when they had incorrect information about how a certain insurance plan worked. I had experience with the plans, but they refused to listen to me. They refused any kind of improvement to the work flow and procedures that I offered, and I was often told that they just don't do things that way, and won't. I understand having your own policies, but doors were slammed in my face when I had more years of experience with front office operations than the physical therapy side of the company had been open. Regardless, I worked my butt off, following their procedures and received many compliments from the clinical staff and clinic director about my performance. Then my 90 day review time came. The regional supervisor filled out my review, and went over it with me and my clinical director. It was horrible. It talked about how I never got anything done, and was rude, and didn't follow procedure, etc. I have never once in my life received a bad review and this one was not warranted either. My clinical director even said that he didn't agree with any of it, but had to go along with it since it was technically not his department. The regional supervisor was in the clinic with me less than two weeks of those 90 days that she reviewed. Needless to say, I didn't get that performance based raise, completely based on lies. I made a huge mistake taking a job at ATI and I was awfully happy to leave the company. I still have many friends that work there at the clinical level and they report that things are just the same. The company is growing, but is overextending their staff. My friends have said that they are still triple and quadruple booked, yet the company still promotes that they provide one to one care. We routinely had patients complaining that they were not even treated by their therapist because they were too busy. I still stand behind what ATI says that it wants to provide and I hope that they can get to a point where they are able to actually provide that for their patients.

Great place to work if you are planning on becoming a Physical Therapist.

Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsWe provide great one-on-one patient care with a family atmosphere. The therapists are extremely caring and provide the best form of rehabilitation without neglect.

ConsLow pay if you are not a Physical Therapist. Unless you are planning on becoming a PT there is no movement within the company. Their corporate HQ is based in Bolingbrook, which is where they offer all of their other jobs. If you are not planning on being in a clinical setting, corporate is the only other place you could work (and if you live in Chicago or any other part of northern Illinois it is extremely far away and hard to get to).

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for your current employees to move around the company.

One of the worst companies I have ever worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only Pro is that my manager allowed me the flexibility to work around my school schedule.

ConsThere are many Cons.
    You are constantly being micro managed. You are always expected to work overtime and do the work of others who standing around talking and slacking off half of the day. The people who bust their butts and make the most contributions never get any recognition and the people who are slacking off all the time get the praise and recognition. The only thing that the managers and executives are concerned with is putting more money in their pockets. They could care less about the little people who make the company a success.I invested over four years of my life at this company, busting my butt and always doing more than my job responsibilities entailed, and was fired for reason. I tried to advance my career with ATI and they would not even consider me for any other positions even if I was very qualified for that position. They claim that they promote from within but that is not the case.The employees I worked with always acted like they were still in high school, very catty and immature. I thought that I was supposed to be working with adults not kids. Most of the supervisors acted just like this too and they all have their little favorites who can get away with doing anything. It is always the good, hard workers who are constantly being micro managed and not the slackers. I have never worked with people who are so immature and catty and play little high school games. I have also never worked for such a company in which management will say one thing and do another. The management does not lead by example at all. The corporate office politics that goes on at this place is absolutely rediculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think giving advice to management will do any good. It will always be like this at this company.

True Expectations for Corporate Employees

Bolingbrook, IL

ProsThe company is growing at an incredible rate. Noticed reviews in other sites by former and current employees giving bad reviews. Not true. If you have the right attitude and your work ethic is NOT in question, there's many opportunities to advance. There's great benefits to take advantage of. The key for new and current employees is to have a strong work ethic and a good attitude. Those two characteristics will provide a happy environment and opportunity to advance if that's something you want to do.

ConsCommunication could be better and consistent policy across the board or at least based on department functions would serve a growing workforce. That being said, every successful company has these same issues (note to those bad reviewers, grass isn't greener on the other side).

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve communication channels. Ensure departments in the same functions are held to the same standards and policies. And keep up the great work with expansion and bringing in good employees with good attitudes and work ethic.

Great Opportunities

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat opportunity to advancement. Focus is on the patients.

ConsLong work schedule at times.

Worked for ATI Physical Therapy (Illinois)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ATI Physical Therapy (Illinois) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ATI Physical Therapy (Illinois) CEO Greg Steil . All 19 reviews posted anonymously by ATI Physical Therapy (Illinois) employees.