ATL Events Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Brandon Dennis

Great environment & lots to learn

I have been working at ATL Events Group (More than a year)

Pros

I've made some of my closest friends while working with ATL Events Group including people I've been able to mentor and those who have mentored me. I enjoy spending time with my coworkers including my supervisors (which is quite different from previous workplaces). I've also had the opportunity to travel in this position (Dallas, Houston, Cancun, Montego Bay, Cleveland).

Cons

It's a busy workplace with a lot of responsibility. It's always necessary to be in a good mood and have a great attitude.

good starting point

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with this company, since I started college, and it's definitely me good for me. I've been able to to travel to great place because of this company, which has definitely helped to gain good experience.

Cons

maintaining a busy schedule is hard,but it's good thing to have in life.

Advice to Management

the program and training, has definitely a way to keep grounded, so keep it up.

My experience was good :)

I worked at ATL Events Group

Pros

I worked for ATL for only 3 months until I had to relocate because of my husband's job. The team there was outgoing, fun, welcoming, and cool. My manager never scheduled me more than 40 hours and I made better pay than any other jobs I worked. I don't have anything negative to say

Cons

some weekend work here or there

5. Entry - Level Marketing / Promotions Coordinator

Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is definitely not your typical 9-5 experience - I was excited to get out of the Corporate World and being stuck at a desk for 8 hours - Waiting for someone to finally notice me. It was great to come in and really be challenged every day to develop new skill sets and really push to develop a full range of business knowledge. It was great that my performance dictates how successful I could be with the company - I learn something new everyday with this company. Im excited to continue to develop my leadership skills especially - and learn to become a more rounded business professional

Cons

Its definitely an intense environment - There are definite high expectations everyday - and standards are always raised - But at the end of the day Im excited to be challenged than overlooked

Advice to Management

Keep challenging people - They will rise to your expectaions

6. Event Coordinator

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with ATL Events for a week now, and am very much enjoying the team environment! Very fast paced environment with tons of room for growth for motivated individuals who are willing to put in the extra time an effort. There is a lot of training involved with the position which is very helpful with learning the ins and outs of the various campaigns and clients that we work with. So far my favorite part of working with ATL Events is being a part of the strategy meetings every morning where we discuss product knowledge, marketing strategies, and potential growth for the company. Not only does it help provide a sense of camaraderie to be able to work together each morning, but I also feel like I learn a ton and am developing my skill set within the position even more quickly.

Cons

There is a TON of studying involved with the position. I am a forever student, so for me its great, but I can see this being a negative for some. The position is very fast paced and it is definitely noticeable when someone is slacking or not putting in the extra effort to advance their skill set. I enjoy being busy, but if you are looking for a position where you can take a 2 hour lunch break and surf Facebook... KEEP LOOKING!

Advice to Management

Great job building such a positive work environment! I feel at home already and like I can reach out to my superiors/questions are welcomed! Thanks!

7. Great Opportunity

Former Employee - Special Events Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Special Events Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ATL Events Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast Paced,you learn something new every day, great for self-motivated people, positive atmosphere, great support systems (i.e training, workshops)

Cons

its humbling, must be adaptable, there are growing pains from the experience

Having a great time

Current Employee - Georgia in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Georgia in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group

Pros

It means a lot to me to make a positive impact on people’s lives, and one of the best ways to do so is through appreciation events. All sorts of groups respond to our customized events with enthusiasm, and I enjoy witnessing it. It doesn’t just make their day – it makes mine, too.

Cons

I really can't complain, ,but like every company you should listen to employees, as it helps the team as a whole.

Advice to Management

Continue to make everyone feel good, as it helps everyone as a team.

9. If you are a hard worker, then this is for you

I have been working at ATL Events Group

Pros

If you know how to work hard, then this place is for you. Most people can't foresee the future and the long term results of working hard. It's definitely paid off for me, considering i don't have a college degree. I've done well for myself overall.

Cons

Focus on you and your long term career goals. Nothing less.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and mentor young people. It's great that you continue to work on these everyday.

10. Fast Track to a Management Career

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the 1st position I've had where people are focused on my growth. I've worked for multiple organizations, and this is the first that has truly invested so much into my career. I've been able to visit different cities across the country, and have really enjoyed the travel oppurtunities.

Cons

Some people don't see the opportunity here, and won't work hard to make it to management. Find the solid people in the office to associate with if you want to be successful.

Advice to Management

I'd keep everyone focused on people that have made it into management. There were two people promoted within the past four months. I think that would help everyone see the bigger picture.

11. Former employee

I worked at ATL Events Group

Pros

The atmosphere is great and the people are friendly

Cons

It's not what you may think. It's 100% sales and the company has a very high turnover rate. From being there for a month, there were always new faces appearing and old ones disappearing. I didn't really get to know anyone because everyone was quitting.

ATL Events Group Response

Jun 16, 2015Human Resources Manager

Thank you for time at ATL Events strives to provide a positive work environment with different career opportunities for all that join our team. We offer a variety of compensation plans that are based ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed