ATL Events Group Reviews

Updated July 16, 2014
Updated July 16, 2014

4.2

Brandon Dennis

positive, engaging, & beneficial workplace!

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative  in  Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Meetings: Educational, Positive, and Focused. A workplace that has Growth Opportunities. Very Team-Oriented, Results Driven, and Beneficial. Great place for college graduates to start their career and excel fast!
    Lots of travel opportunities and a huge PAID vacation at the end of the year!

Cons

Not many downsides, however since there is so much teaching and training with each person sometimes not everything is done 100% correctly but mistakes need to happen in order to learn and grow. As with any new career there are always challenges and obstacles, but there is a great team to help you through them!

The management team does an exceptional job with explaining why and how we do everything from an entry level stand point all the way to a management level and the advice keeps coming. Everyone in this company is here to help! Office culture is dynamic, professional, fun, and challenging!

Exciting Opportunity to grow in the event industry - GREAT team here!!

Current Employee - Entry Level Event Coordinator  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Entry Level Event Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

ts very organized and fast paced. Everyone here is on point, and are great at working together to see things through. The management and leadership skills I have learned in the past 5 months are priceless, and I feel like I'm getting paid to go to school!! This company has the best training I've ever experienced anywhere because they are growing quickly and their standards are high! Growth outlook for the next 1-2 years is amazing - we are growing very fast!

Cons

Sometimes other members of the team can be careless when counting inventory and paying attention to detail which can set the whole team back in the long run when trying to hit our goals. However, we are all like a big family here and are great at problem solving so any issue thats ever occurred was always resolved well.

Great Training experience over-all...maybe more communication on the little details day-to-day, more traveling opportunities!

Good people, false advertising

Former Employee - Marketing Associate - Trainer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate - Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ATL Events Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

likable people in the office, encouraging daily pep talks to keep you on track, not a serious work environment but somewhat professional

Cons

Not what you sign up for, no benefits, constantly striving to climb up the ladder, competition among employees, lack of communication from all aspects, working every day and night

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Really Fun and Professional Environment - Great Career for Entry Level or Recent Grads!

Current Employee - Marketing Representative - Trainer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative - Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great Leadership and Management - always willing to help you grow
    - Amazing Office Atmosphere
    - Marketing Training - easy to learn!
    - Hands-on training in office and in the field
    - Perfect opportunity for those trying to get into the Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations industries - great coaching along the way
    - Awesome products, and the Atlanta office always has new exciting campaigns and clients!
    - Travel Opportunities - I got to travel to multiple cities, all expenses paid!
    - Mileage reimbursement for gas traveled to events on every paycheck
    - NOT 100% commission - also receive base salary

Cons

- Driving/Carrying inventory to events - sometimes this is con - but usually its not that big of a deal
    - Getting to know everyone in the office - the Atlanta office has a lot of people coming in and out for training, there's a lot of new faces
    - Product knowledge training - it takes a little bit to get 100% comfortable with all the product knowledge for all the clients

Keep up the great atmosphere and learning environment! I've had a great experience so far!

Great Opportunities for Advancement, exciting Company culture

Current Employee - Marketing Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great Trainers and Managers
     - Fun Company culture and office atmosphere
     - Awesome clients and products (and you get to use/try most of them!)
     - Great learning environment...you learn a lot of marketing and sales skills
     - Team-focused..everyone helps you and wants you to grow
     - unlimited earning potential - you can get very high paychecks!
     - Mileage reimbursement to all events every 2 weeks on check
     - Travel opportunities (within GA and nationally) - all expenses paid
     - Rapid growth ...there is never a boring day!
     - Lots of help and training if you ever have questions
     - You get promoted whenever you deserve it --- you are in charge of your own growth

Cons

- Sometimes events can be far from office
     - It's hard to get to know everyone personally, because there are so many people in the office
     - Learning the product knowledge and marketing systems does take some time and effort to perfect, but once you have it down its pretty easy
    - Getting used to the schedule

Everything is great with the Management and mentors in this company! I think they could always challenge the representatives/trainers more to grow faster than they are already.

Overworked for minimum wage

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador/Campaign and Events Marketing Coordinator  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador/Campaign and Events Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ATL Events Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The morning meetings are really great. But they are honestly used to keep you feeling like you can keep going to Sam's club to sell stuff.
    -You get every other Monday off. And the Monday you work, you get your pay check.
    -You can quit without a 2 week notice. Because so many people find out this is not the job for them.
    -The people who work there are really nice.
    -Some of the products are really cool.
    -Teaches you to be more positive

Cons

-Long work days 8:40a-7p or later, once you get promoted, you may have to come in earlier. On set up days you have to get to the Roswell location at 5p and you may not get home til 1am or later.
    -You drive a lot! You have to drive to the Roswell location Monday- Saturday and then go to the store which could be more than 50 miles away. And if you are not scheduled to work right after the meeting, you don't get your gas stipend.
    -You have to stand in Sam's Club, Kroger all day and try and get people to buy products that they don't really need.
    -They want you to take short breaks so you can get back to the selling floor.
    -You have to memorize their marketing systems verbatim, because everyday you will get grilled and tested on them.
    -When you get promoted you have to do more work with no pay raise.
    -As we all know, standing on your feet all day does hurt.
    -There are no benefits.
    -You get paid $7.25 if you don't hit or exceed your goal ($600-800) or you get commission if you hit or exceed your goal.
    -Your bi-weekly paycheck varies from $400-700
    -You are taught to embellish the truth when talking about products that are sometimes cheaply made and crappy.
    Honestly if you don't want to be over exerted, underappreciated, and underpaid don't work here!

You guys need to be more honest with people when you hire.

productive and fun environment to learn and advance

Current Employee - Event Coordinator  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

travel opportunities, rapid advancement / growth opportunities, great people, pay

Cons

must be good at time management

Working with ATL Events Group has been an amazing opportunity! You learn so much in such a short time period! I excelled quickly through the program and have met a lot of other successful and fun people while working here. Everyone is very positive and has great attitudes. Best part about working here is by far the people! The relationships made here are great. Hardest part is being patient. Not everyone learns at the same pace so being patient with myself and others was a struggle for me personally. The management is great they understand/are flexible in different situations and explain why things happen instead of just telling you to do something, so everything is a learning experience.

Productive and fun workplace

Current Employee - Event Marketing Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Event Marketing Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work culture, lots of expansion and growth opportunities, get promoted quickly, great management and organization

Cons

Sometimes there are long hours, but it's worth it by how quickly you can advance within the company. Also, the pay during the training is just average, but once you get promoted, the pay is great

Great company culture and training systems. I've enjoyed all the managers and mentors I have met within this company.

Worked for ATL Events Group? Contribute to the Community!