ATL Events Group

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brandon Dennis

Exciting Opportunity to grow in the event industry - GREAT team here!!

Entry Level Event Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Prosts very organized and fast paced. Everyone here is on point, and are great at working together to see things through. The management and leadership skills I have learned in the past 5 months are priceless, and I feel like I'm getting paid to go to school!! This company has the best training I've ever experienced anywhere because they are growing quickly and their standards are high! Growth outlook for the next 1-2 years is amazing - we are growing very fast!

ConsSometimes other members of the team can be careless when counting inventory and paying attention to detail which can set the whole team back in the long run when trying to hit our goals. However, we are all like a big family here and are great at problem solving so any issue thats ever occurred was always resolved well.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Training experience over-all...maybe more communication on the little details day-to-day, more traveling opportunities!

Really Fun and Professional Environment - Great Career for Entry Level or Recent Grads!

Marketing Representative - Trainer (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Pros- Great Leadership and Management - always willing to help you grow
    - Amazing Office Atmosphere
    - Marketing Training - easy to learn!
    - Hands-on training in office and in the field
    - Perfect opportunity for those trying to get into the Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations industries - great coaching along the way
    - Awesome products, and the Atlanta office always has new exciting campaigns and clients!
    - Travel Opportunities - I got to travel to multiple cities, all expenses paid!
    - Mileage reimbursement for gas traveled to events on every paycheck
    - NOT 100% commission - also receive base salary

Cons- Driving/Carrying inventory to events - sometimes this is con - but usually its not that big of a deal
    - Getting to know everyone in the office - the Atlanta office has a lot of people coming in and out for training, there's a lot of new faces
    - Product knowledge training - it takes a little bit to get 100% comfortable with all the product knowledge for all the clients

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great atmosphere and learning environment! I've had a great experience so far!

Great Opportunities for Advancement, exciting Company culture

Marketing Associate (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Pros- Great Trainers and Managers
     - Fun Company culture and office atmosphere
     - Awesome clients and products (and you get to use/try most of them!)
     - Great learning environment...you learn a lot of marketing and sales skills
     - Team-focused..everyone helps you and wants you to grow
     - unlimited earning potential - you can get very high paychecks!
     - Mileage reimbursement to all events every 2 weeks on check
     - Travel opportunities (within GA and nationally) - all expenses paid
     - Rapid growth ...there is never a boring day!
     - Lots of help and training if you ever have questions
     - You get promoted whenever you deserve it --- you are in charge of your own growth

Cons- Sometimes events can be far from office
     - It's hard to get to know everyone personally, because there are so many people in the office
     - Learning the product knowledge and marketing systems does take some time and effort to perfect, but once you have it down its pretty easy
    - Getting used to the schedule

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is great with the Management and mentors in this company! I think they could always challenge the representatives/trainers more to grow faster than they are already.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overworked for minimum wage

Brand Ambassador/Campaign and Events Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Pros-The morning meetings are really great. But they are honestly used to keep you feeling like you can keep going to Sam's club to sell stuff.
    -You get every other Monday off. And the Monday you work, you get your pay check.
    -You can quit without a 2 week notice. Because so many people find out this is not the job for them.
    -The people who work there are really nice.
    -Some of the products are really cool.
    -Teaches you to be more positive

Cons-Long work days 8:40a-7p or later, once you get promoted, you may have to come in earlier. On set up days you have to get to the Roswell location at 5p and you may not get home til 1am or later.
    -You drive a lot! You have to drive to the Roswell location Monday- Saturday and then go to the store which could be more than 50 miles away. And if you are not scheduled to work right after the meeting, you don't get your gas stipend.
    -You have to stand in Sam's Club, Kroger all day and try and get people to buy products that they don't really need.
    -They want you to take short breaks so you can get back to the selling floor.
    -You have to memorize their marketing systems verbatim, because everyday you will get grilled and tested on them.
    -When you get promoted you have to do more work with no pay raise.
    -As we all know, standing on your feet all day does hurt.
    -There are no benefits.
    -You get paid $7.25 if you don't hit or exceed your goal ($600-800) or you get commission if you hit or exceed your goal.
    -Your bi-weekly paycheck varies from $400-700
    -You are taught to embellish the truth when talking about products that are sometimes cheaply made and crappy.
    Honestly if you don't want to be over exerted, underappreciated, and underpaid don't work here!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys need to be more honest with people when you hire.

productive and fun environment to learn and advance

Event Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Prostravel opportunities, rapid advancement / growth opportunities, great people, pay

Consmust be good at time management

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking with ATL Events Group has been an amazing opportunity! You learn so much in such a short time period! I excelled quickly through the program and have met a lot of other successful and fun people while working here. Everyone is very positive and has great attitudes. Best part about working here is by far the people! The relationships made here are great. Hardest part is being patient. Not everyone learns at the same pace so being patient with myself and others was a struggle for me personally. The management is great they understand/are flexible in different situations and explain why things happen instead of just telling you to do something, so everything is a learning experience.

Productive and fun workplace

Event Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat work culture, lots of expansion and growth opportunities, get promoted quickly, great management and organization

ConsSometimes there are long hours, but it's worth it by how quickly you can advance within the company. Also, the pay during the training is just average, but once you get promoted, the pay is great

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company culture and training systems. I've enjoyed all the managers and mentors I have met within this company.

Worked for ATL Events Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ATL Events Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ATL Events Group CEO Brandon Dennis . All 6 reviews posted anonymously by ATL Events Group employees.