ATMI

Be The First To
Add Photos

ATMI President, CEO, and Director Doug Neugold

Doug Neugold

Great company to work for....

Research Engineer (Former Employee)
    Danbury, CT

ProsCompany valued it's employees and their flexible work time made easy to balance between work and personal life. It also encouraged employees continuing education for personal growth.

ConsSalary was not comparable to other companies like theirs.

Several years in corporate role

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity to make a lot of change and affect the business

ConsDecisions sometimes made with questionable input or assumptions

Dead End Job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Danbury, CT

ProsClose knit team who helps each other out with their projects when they have down time. Ability to cross train in a variety of fields of research and development.

ConsAbsolutely no room for growth. Some employees were given "promotions" that were nothing more than extra work with a new title, on the premise that they were going though a "trial period" and would receive adequate compensation after proving themselves worthy, never receiving said compensation. Within two years at this company, I reported to five different people due to restructuring. Manager told me outright that there was nowhere for someone at my level to move within the company, which is when I decided to get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the little guys better. Hire and promote people who are competent, instead of the ones most willing to kiss your butt.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bought out by Entegris

(Current Employee)
    Danbury, CT

ProsWAS a great company, good pay, new and exciting work. Good employees who really helped each other succeed

ConsCompany was sold so share holders could get a nice buy out and a few more pennies on the dollar. New company never took the appropriate amount of time to learn what every one did before letting people go. I feel bad for all the hard work that is now going down the drain.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take the time to learn what we do and try not to force a square peg in a round hole before you let more people go.

No managerial discipline or will to succeed or focus.

Burnet, TX

ProsGood people, good environment, and a good company to employed by for a small town. The local management has tried to keep things going well.

ConsNo corporate will to invoke change. In the last 3 years I don't remember a single large initiative being completed. Many are started, but none completed. That means more wasted time spent toward projects with near-zero impact when efforts could be focused on daily work since these projects don't go anywhere. Also, if you're capable, you will get others' work tossed onto your plate while the less capable continue to get acceptable reviews. Having lost 6 people in Supply Chain alone in the last 6 months should say something in itself.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on one or two projects, see them through, THEN move on to the next one. Your priorities bounce from initiative-to-initiative like a ping pong ball in a dryer.

Understand your business

R&D Engineer/Scientist (Current Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers, interesting problems to solve, potential to make a difference in an industry.

ConsVery, very poor management that does not understand the business. Management brags to the world about their 50% GPM then is clueless when customers bolt or demand a discount.
    Management claims to be cutting edge but the only cutting that happens is to the R&D budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking for shortcuts - there are none. Stop looking for the next big thing - you got lucky with SDS. Lightning seldom strikes twice.
    Start valuing your people and paying them accordingly. Bragging in your "Town halls" that you invested millions in another company rather than your own sends morale into the toilet. Telling your people that "The cemeteries are full of indispensable people" does not make your people feel valued.

Great company

Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity to contribute and grow

ConsCompany is now sold to Entegris

Exciting products, complex industry, and dysfunctional leadership!

Supply Chain & Operations (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsVery interesting, and innovative products.

ConsDemands of the customers add elements of complexity unlike most industries; however, this is also what provides high potential for exceptional ROI. Unfortunately ATMI has a ton of inefficiencies across the supply chain, which is obvious to everyone. Unfortunately, the senior leaders are more interested in being conservative vs. taking calculated risks that would help the company decrease its operating costs by millions of dollars. each year

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow a set and make a decision! Too many leaders are afraid to make a significant, yet necessary changes that will take the company to new heights. The Entegris acquisition is going to be a breath of fresh air for many of ATMI's employees. The company needs a clear vision, and a sound strategy to support that vision. Right now ATMI is all over the road.

Good company to work for

Prosgood jobs, pay and benefits

Consno cons to share here

Fantastic and very up to date technololgy I get too work with on a daily basis.

Desktop Support Senior (Current Employee)
    Danbury, CT

ProsGreat people , great technology, and a great management team.

ConsCompany is now sold. Other than that I have no cons

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

Worked for ATMI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ATMI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ATMI CEO Doug Neugold. All 38 reviews posted anonymously by ATMI employees.