ATX Group

Add Photos

Steve Millstein

Politics galore

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsVery interesting business to be in. You get to work with major Auto manufacturers on technology that is still 2-3 years from hitting showrooms.

ConsVery politically charged environment. Tacit caste system where TX employees are considered inferior to MA based employees. Difficult to be taken seriously by "home office"

The thrill is gone.

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsIt's interesting to see the development of and growth of the telematics business over the years. Some employees still place value in delivering exceptional service.

ConsWe keep hearing that it is a new day at ATX and that we're embarking on a "new frontier". So far this frontier promotes a "hard sale by any means necessary" and "fill butts in seats regardless of qualifying to perform the tasks" mentality. We're under-training and putting unreasonable expectations on our employees in order push our better, tenured, higher-paid employees out of the door in the name of "natural attrition". The company would rather promote from the outside than within. We're taking ridiculous short-cuts and encouraging our agents to lie to our customers and provide a service that is still being developed. I'm embarrassed to work here and look forward to the day and I join an organization that respects and exemplifies legendary customer service. The new response director is clearly uninformed and just taking orders from the MA big-wigs. She has no direct answers about the decisions "she" makes because "she" does not make any of her own.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest about your MO. Stop taking shortcuts and go back to placing value on and rewarding your hard-workers. Do something to attract and retain competent employees.

Losing ground, dying company in an obsolete business

(Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsNice offices, location
    Good comp, benefits
    Some good managers who really care
    Some cool technology
    Used to be a leader, innovator
    Energetic CEO

ConsLack of innovation, strategy. Quality problems. Lost two biggest customers. Too many projects with not enough time. New leadership has limited experience and has nit actually delivered products. Too much us and them in marketing, innovation - they compete instead of cooperate.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on delivering new programs well. Stop losing customers because they are dissatisfied. Have some new ideas, innovation that's sensible and not pie in the sky.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lack of leadership did not improve with CCA acquisition

Director (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThere are a few good people

ConsLack of leadership from the top, lack communication about direction and organization goals, no incentive to improve how the business operates.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep down. Allow new people with real ideas about how to operate in a more competitive environment. Too many sr managers lack leadership skills.

Good solid organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun place to work. Lots of challenges

ConsYou will have to love your job as you will work real hard

this company sucks!

Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsThere arent any processes defined, everyone does whatever they want.

Constoo much politics and confusion

Advice to Senior Managementthey all should leave

Worked for ATX Group? Contribute to the Community!