AURORA Consulting Group

Updated Jan 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeffrey McCaskey

Great experience in the time I worked there with many diverse development opportunities.

Senior .NET Developer/Project Leader (Former Employee)
    East Aurora, NY

ProsDiverse client base. Learned a lot.

ConsNot much time to hone skills.

Tell you anything to get you in the door

ProsFast paced coding environment , lots of knowledge, good knowledgeable team. Good medical coverage

Consunrealistic time lines, management lies and tells you anything to get you in the door, "we have the work permanently" , then lays you off cyclically. 10 people hired, 12, people fired in less than a year". No paid sick days coding sweatshop

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying and be honest with your employees and clients. Look people in the eyes

Immensely talented people stifled by mediocre management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    East Aurora, NY

ProsWorking among other talented people is great. Small company with a tight-knit group of workers.

ConsManagement isn't up to date on the state of the industry. They also tend to be very passive about seeking new clients and encouraging growth among employees. Strong tendency to play "favorites" with staff, lots of silly internal politics that accompany working for such a small company. No opportunities for advancement. No annual reviews. Very, very high turnover - I personally witnessed more than 10 people pass through one position during my time at ACG. Several ex-felons among staff. When the company is doing poorly, expect your hours and pay to be cut.

Advice to Senior ManagementBrush up on modern standards, let natural leaders lead, let creatives shine. Stop trying to jam square pegs into round holes.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place for entry level web professionals to get experience with different industries and projects.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    East Aurora, NY

ProsThey provide an HRA account, reimburse professional learning, have flexible work schedules, and offer a wide range of project types and client industries.

ConsThere is virtually no possibility for career advancement, salaries are significantly lower than national and regional averages, no yearly cost of living salary offset, raises are few and far between and not based on performance, and the company is essentially an autocracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the employees help guide the path of the company.

ACGroup

Applications Developer (Former Employee)
    East Aurora, NY

ProsSmall, local, flexible. At the time I was employed there, the talent inside those walls was incredible. Salary decent for the Buffalo area.

ConsVery few opportunities for advancement. Structure of the company is based upon a consulting company and there are basically two types of jobs, chiefs and indians, 1:8 ratio respectively. Also, the owner is somewhat abrasive to both clients and employees. Very few people can tolerate dealing directly with the owner for longer than 6 months. Thus turnover is high

Advice to Senior ManagementOwner should sell the company to the employees (ESOP) and let the employees ideas and insights shine through.

Worked for AURORA Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AURORA Consulting Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AURORA Consulting Group CEO Jeffrey McCaskey. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by AURORA Consulting Group employees.