AVA.ai

AVA.ai Reviews

Updated July 17, 2014
Updated July 17, 2014

Mark Bradley

One of the top companies to work for!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Bellingham, WA

Pros

I've worked for many companies in my life and AVA.ai provides one of the best working environments I've ever seen.
    The benefits are well above anything I've ever experienced at a company. We have an office chef that prepares fantastic meals at no charge, every beverage under the sun, pool table, yoga instructor, massage therapist, media room with game consoles, sporting events, company sports teams, on-site entertainment, the list goes on and on. There is a lot of emphasis put on hiring the right fit and it shows with how much fun we have at work.

Cons

The Cons; I feel are going to be similar to any company growing as fast as AVA.ai
    Occasionally employees, past and present make judgements about working at a company based on little to no work history/experience, they don't realize how great they have it here. In a cutting edge technology company, management is going to continue exploring the best path to take business and occasionally there may be bumps in the road. Every job and department at AVA.ai is constantly evolving, employees experience discomfort from time to time, it's the nature of a growing company.

Continue the hard work, take us to the next level and don't forget where we came from.

Great software jobs in Bellingham

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Pros

Excellent benefits and a strong developer culture. Developers work well together and have each other's backs when something goes wrong. Constantly evaluating and incorporating new software technologies.

Cons

Rapid change can leads to bugs and bad data. System runs 24x7, so when things go wrong developers are expected to correct problems before quitting work.

Announce (and explain) organizational and policy changes farther in advance.

Nice to feel empowered, pushed to do my best, held accountable and valued

Pros

Working with smart people
    Ability to creatively add my thoughts and ideas to everything I touch
    Feel valued
    I'm able to execute and coach based upon my experience. This is hard to find at time and one of the reasons I joined. It is great to see a CEO who is passionate, wants more and is fun!

Cons

This is a hard one....Have folks spread out is hard and we have to figure out how to communicate in a way that brings folks together on one common platform.

Hold folks accountable
    Encourage growth through accountability
    Expect more from everyone...high performance

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company - great benefits- amazing product

Pros

Free food, drink and snacks,
    innovative product that produces proven results,
    amazing, dedicated, smart and caring team to work with,
    fun environment

Cons

Parking can be an issue,
    later starting culture,
    no formal training program so hard to get up to speed and learn it all

Please provide clear direction and decisions for the team to work towards, please add a formal training program

I love working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Pros

Cutting edge technology
    Great people
    Paid benefits
    Great atmosphere and culture
    dedicated employees
    Office mom who is a killer chef
    free beer and happy hour
    Bellingham Washington

Cons

Parking
    Paid in arrears when you start
    building kinda sucks
    you can get wrapped up in your job....

Christmas bonuses!!

Dizzying Innovation in a Team Driven Environment

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

Pros

great people, food and office views. Constant evolution of technical infrastructure as the business continues to grow. The best part is the team driven environment. Its rewarding to watch your efforts add to success within the business. Help is readily available for those interested in learning. Hard work consistently is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

free beer can be excessively foamy

keep the doors open for communication. Continue to invite team members to meetings that involve relevant code/ideas in order to avoid the trickle-down effect.

Work hard play hard

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

Pros

An amazing office environment, I have fun at work, even when we're under pressure. Flexible hours, when I've needed time off, I got it. Great health benefits. Free food and drinks, there's snacks, but we also have lunches and breakfast made in the office.

Cons

You will be here more than 40 hours a week. We end up working 10+ hour days often because of various projects and urgency of some fixes. You will be on call from time to time, and have to be reachable and able to do work no matter the time of day.

Awesome Place To Work and Learn

Current Employee - Software Trainer  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Software Trainer in Bellingham, WA

Pros

Working with Artificial Intelligence Software is simply super cool. Seeing it work in Dealerships to help them increase sales is even better. Fun job with lots of bright and smart people. Feel like a game of pool or ping pong? Need a massage? Go get one, twice a week she is here. Yoga class? Go for it...twice a week it is also offered. Team building event? Sure..come join us for Mariners game at Safeco or for a weekend Hackathon. Hungry or Thirsty? You wont be here as all snacks and beverages are provided at NO EXPENSE to the employee (we even have an office mom that cooks and cleans up after us).

Cons

Having to work with people that are probably a lot smarter than yourself!

Keep up the perks and benefits. The balance between work and life and the perks offered here are simply not found elsewhere in this area.

Look forward to going to work everyday!

Current Employee - Office Manager/Accounting Manager  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Office Manager/Accounting Manager in Bellingham, WA

Pros

We have great people with a tremendous amount of talent, knowledge and experience. We work hard and we definitely play hard. We have good team effort to get the job done. Very competive wages and many extras benefits: snacks; beverages and a full range of break time activites in the office - pool, foosball, darts, mountain bilkes, 2x weekly massages and yoga classes provided in house. We get together after hours - a fun bus to Safeco Field for a Mariner's game in June. I have 30+ years experience in the work force and this is by far my best job to date.

Cons

Downtown Bellingham parking is trying.... we do offer parking spaces for the employees. Our office space need some minor renovation but it all works.
    Payroll schedule needs to be adjusted to the 1st and 15th of every month - it is very hard as a new employee to wait 3 weeks to get their first paycheck.

Keep going forward, there have been some growing pains but for the most part you are doing a great job! You will never please everyone but most of us love working here!

Great Potential, Not sure of execution

Pros

Great work environment with catered office, plenty of options for break entertainment, and weekly happy hour.

Engaging and challenging work.

Cons

Poor execution of plans, often coming across as uneducated, reactionary choices from many members of the executive staff.

Very little recognition from executive staff to the rest of the company.

Inconsistent policies. No way to view company policies as an employee.

Publish company policies, work with staff to ensure that plans are properly understood and executed. Show your employees that you value the work they do.

Worked for AVA.ai? Contribute to the Community!