AVA.ai Reviews

Updated July 17, 2014
Updated July 17, 2014

Mark Bradley

One of the top companies to work for!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at AVA.ai full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked for many companies in my life and AVA.ai provides one of the best working environments I've ever seen.
    The benefits are well above anything I've ever experienced at a company. We have an office chef that prepares fantastic meals at no charge, every beverage under the sun, pool table, yoga instructor, massage therapist, media room with game consoles, sporting events, company sports teams, on-site entertainment, the list goes on and on. There is a lot of emphasis put on hiring the right fit and it shows with how much fun we have at work.

Cons

The Cons; I feel are going to be similar to any company growing as fast as AVA.ai
    Occasionally employees, past and present make judgements about working at a company based on little to no work history/experience, they don't realize how great they have it here. In a cutting edge technology company, management is going to continue exploring the best path to take business and occasionally there may be bumps in the road. Every job and department at AVA.ai is constantly evolving, employees experience discomfort from time to time, it's the nature of a growing company.

Continue the hard work, take us to the next level and don't forget where we came from.

Awful company

I worked at AVA.ai full-time for less than a year

Pros

great product and very cutting edge

Cons

No pricing integrity, horrible management

Learn how to structure a team and organize

Great Potential, Not sure of execution

I have been working at AVA.ai

Pros

Great work environment with catered office, plenty of options for break entertainment, and weekly happy hour.

Engaging and challenging work.

Cons

Poor execution of plans, often coming across as uneducated, reactionary choices from many members of the executive staff.

Very little recognition from executive staff to the rest of the company.

Inconsistent policies. No way to view company policies as an employee.

Publish company policies, work with staff to ensure that plans are properly understood and executed. Show your employees that you value the work they do.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Idea, Horrible Execution

I have been working at AVA.ai full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people on the peer level, snacks and lunches provided, good location, quality health benefits.

Cons

With management that puts immediate profit before long-term gains, this place looks great until you actually have to interact with upper management or executives. Forward-thinking ideas are shelved indefinitely in favor of making a quick buck, and employees are hired (and kept) based on how little they are willing to work for or who they know more than proof of skill or experience.
    Constant possibility of being fired at any moment based on a double standard of high and unclear expectations and little to no direction, time, or budget.
    Leave your standards at the door if you want to get paid.

Concentrate on making a product worth selling before you try to sell it, and learn utilize the actual skill-sets of your employees instead of forcing them into positions where they are bound to under-perform.

Constant fear of being fired for no reason with no notice

I have been working at AVA.ai full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food and drinks (including beer on tap). Great medical/dental benefits. Interesting and challenging work.

Cons

Pay isn't very good. People are set up to fail and then fired when they don't measure up. A few months ago they fired a guy for coming down with diabetes and then gave a bogus reason for letting him go (I know the details, but won't tell). I've had diabetes since I was a child and I'm deathly afraid that management will find out and fire me too.

Pay people decently. Stop trying to set people up to fail. Have your lawyers explain the ADA to you again.

Great software jobs in Bellingham

I have been working at AVA.ai full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits and a strong developer culture. Developers work well together and have each other's backs when something goes wrong. Constantly evaluating and incorporating new software technologies.

Cons

Rapid change can leads to bugs and bad data. System runs 24x7, so when things go wrong developers are expected to correct problems before quitting work.

Announce (and explain) organizational and policy changes farther in advance.

A reset opportunity

Former Employee - Developer  in  Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Developer in Bellingham, WA

I worked at AVA.ai full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food, nice coworkers and a keg. Location downtown is nice. Good environment for working.

Cons

Major lack of management skills in executive positions. No room for career opportunities and growth within the company although encouraged otherwise. Met with corporate glass ceilings from upper management on every project, impeding your own endeavors and progress which only reflects poorly on you as an employee. Asking for raises only gets you placed in line on the "first to go" list for the chopping block.

I was let go with no notice due to ignorance shared among the executives on the projects I actually performed and completed. This separation of employee and executive is astonishing within this company. I know the CEO just wants to sell out and move on in the near future. I do not advise working for this company if you value a long term and promising career in development, graphic design, marketing, sales or customer service.

I advise upper management to not fire creative and talented people based on their request for fair compensation, or false understanding of the projects completed by that person.

Work hard play hard

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at AVA.ai full-time for more than a year

Pros

An amazing office environment, I have fun at work, even when we're under pressure. Flexible hours, when I've needed time off, I got it. Great health benefits. Free food and drinks, there's snacks, but we also have lunches and breakfast made in the office.

Cons

You will be here more than 40 hours a week. We end up working 10+ hour days often because of various projects and urgency of some fixes. You will be on call from time to time, and have to be reachable and able to do work no matter the time of day.

Nice to feel empowered, pushed to do my best, held accountable and valued

I have been working at AVA.ai full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with smart people
    Ability to creatively add my thoughts and ideas to everything I touch
    Feel valued
    I'm able to execute and coach based upon my experience. This is hard to find at time and one of the reasons I joined. It is great to see a CEO who is passionate, wants more and is fun!

Cons

This is a hard one....Have folks spread out is hard and we have to figure out how to communicate in a way that brings folks together on one common platform.

Hold folks accountable
    Encourage growth through accountability
    Expect more from everyone...high performance

Awesome Place To Work and Learn

Current Employee - Software Trainer  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Software Trainer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at AVA.ai full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with Artificial Intelligence Software is simply super cool. Seeing it work in Dealerships to help them increase sales is even better. Fun job with lots of bright and smart people. Feel like a game of pool or ping pong? Need a massage? Go get one, twice a week she is here. Yoga class? Go for it...twice a week it is also offered. Team building event? Sure..come join us for Mariners game at Safeco or for a weekend Hackathon. Hungry or Thirsty? You wont be here as all snacks and beverages are provided at NO EXPENSE to the employee (we even have an office mom that cooks and cleans up after us).

Cons

Having to work with people that are probably a lot smarter than yourself!

Keep up the perks and benefits. The balance between work and life and the perks offered here are simply not found elsewhere in this area.

Worked for AVA.ai? Contribute to the Community!