AVForSale

www.avforsale.com

AVForSale Reviews

3.4

Bob Buchanan

A good place to work, sort of

Former Employee - Unspecified in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Unspecified in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AVForSale

Pros

It's small, so small that there is very little corporate red tape. If you want to talk to the manager then go to his office, if you want to talk to the owner go to his office. The place is also packed with amazing employees, it's almost a family. The work itself is almost constantly changing and stays interesting.

Cons

It's the perfect example of a small business hitting success then quickly becoming way too top heavy. Management in a company is important, over-management is a plague. Over management breeds things like constant change. With a company of less than fifteen people (six of which are management) this is no real reason for constant changes in process and complicated systems.

In the old days this was a place where everyone loved to work. It was fun, morale was high, and because of that work was done quickly and effectively. Unfortunately you cut everyone's pay, which people could live with because the environment was still ok, but then you started cracking down on employees and morale finally went into a deadfall. It's very hard for employees to do their best when members of management are driving new cars and going on long vacations after their pay is reduced. It's then a slap in the face to see the same "managers" sleeping in their offices and spending the day watching youtube videos and browsing the internet. Your employees are dedicated to your company and it's success, reward them by expecting the same levels of excellence out of your management.

I enjoy working outside

I have been working at AVForSale

Pros

I enjoy being in control of my own destiny, If I work hard and am honest with my customers they will be return costomers.

Cons

I dont like being looked down upon because of being busy and not being able to hire additional employees due to lack of cash flow related to economic conditions.

You should of had a business plan to effect that would give you enough cash flow to weather the ba times and keep your spending under control.