AVI Foodsystems Inc.

Be The First To
Add Photos

AVI Foodsystems Inc. President & CEO Anthony J. Payiavlas

Anthony J. Payiavlas

Friendly, willing to help you learn more than just your current position

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hebron, KY

ProsFriendly staff, willing to let you learn more than your current position. Good daily routine, everyone leaves together so noone feels left out.

ConsNo extra help so personal breaks can some times cause complications. Busy times can become hectic due to lack of extra help

Advice to Senior ManagementReview policy with staff more than just during inital interview. Better raises to keep up with cost of living,.

Good company to work for

ProsPay is good, opportunity for advancement is there and work less during the summer time which is great

ConsCompany is technologically behind everyone else, they pay everything in cash and do not use purchase cards for managment

Vend driver

Route Driver (Former Employee) Akron, OH

Prosgreat if you are complacent

Consawful if you plan to have a career...awful to customer service

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the people more and not what your computers say

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

run away runa way especially if you are in health care!

Executive Chef/Trainer/Account Training/Openeing Team (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsI avanced quickly and learned a ton because I was a yo yo in the company and filled many postions

Cons- do not pay equailly male vs female
    -once you show you have abillity they ask more of you and mask it as opportunity if you say no you are labled a " potential problem"
     -ask you to "take one for the team" when there is a problem then hold you accountable for the mistake or issue that was not your issue or mistae. in the first place,
    -when you voice your thoughts or are assertive it is considerend "not being a team player"
    but if you have a good idea some one above you takes the credit.
    -move people up too quickly that do not have the knowledge or exerience to be in the postition
    - no accountability for hourly's , managers the just ove the problem to another unit or location for someone else to deal with.
    you can not take care of yourlf or your family eventhough the company says that family is first. If you take time off you are "not dedicated to the cause"
    -you have to Live AVI to be sucessful
    Way behind the times with technology, management, still use time clocks, everyone is stressed

Advice to Senior Managementif you are young, single, can take manipulation, and want to move up fast and learn a lot in a short amount of time it is a great step to a better comanly

Area Marketing Manager

Area Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Warren, OH

Proslots of freedom and responsibility. creative, free dining and food

ConsNot a lot of direction for vision, low budget, collateral, tools, employees way under par

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease team members, have a clear plan written for us to deliver and have laptop, printer, etc in place upon entering new career with new account.

Be Thankful

Manager (Current Employee) Warren, OH

ProsStrong Company that offers good job security and growth, if you just do your job. HQ is very helpful and supportive. Benefits are commendable. Many long term employees, so they must be doing something right.

ConsPay is not very competitive in some of their positions when compared to local averages.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the field Higher Mgmt could use some improvement in basic people skills.

Leader in Vending

Vending Attendant (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsPaid vacation, supervisors are great people and really do care about you
    You get what you put into your work

ConsIf you do not make inventory goals you get threatened during reviews with firing

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the Christmas bonus!

Hated it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Slippery Rock, PA

ProsSome income while taking classes

ConsVery difficult to balance school work with the work with the company

RUN

Manager (Former Employee) Florence, KY

ProsMonday thru Friday MOST of the time

Conspoor communication, super low pay, never deal with issues at hand they sweep them under the rug and play the blame game, no raises, no advancement, upper management doesn't care about any hourly employees especially if they are not a man

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate hand book, learn to listen to your people they want to succeed and they are humans not robots

The management is unfair in job promotions and raises.

Cook (Current Employee) Canton, OH

ProsLearning new food venues and ideas.

ConsYou work your butt off to get new accounts for AVI and you get no bonus nothing for your hard work to put more money in their pocket.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be posted job positions in a work place instead of promoting people behind employees backs that don't know a position is open to fill.

Worked for AVI Foodsystems Inc.? Contribute to the Community!