AVI Foodsystems Inc.

Not bad

Former Employee - General/Chef Manager  in  Jeffersonville, IN
    Former Employee - General/Chef Manager in Jeffersonville, IN

I worked at AVI Foodsystems Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work life, paid holiday's,

Cons

not a whole of support or on-going training

The AVI folks preach a philosophy on their web page that does not match reality.

I have been working at AVI Foodsystems Inc.

Pros

Great web site talking about how great they are. they don't match up with what they profess to be.

Cons

Reality is that the purchasing group treats vendors with disrespect and they are not open to any new product.

Your people are arrogant and you will fail if that attitude does not change

I worked at AVI FOODSYSTEMS

Former Employee - Route Driver  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Route Driver in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at AVI Foodsystems Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free food and drinks. The head of management was a good boss. Steady daylight work. no layoffs and overtime available.

Cons

When you called off or was on vacation they had 2 guys called floaters that covered your route. They robbed money from your machines. They had access to all your machines with the keys. Come inventory sure enough you were short if you called of that month. They also had a machine mechanic that was a thief too. Bunch of no good thieves. But the drivers were blamed for it.The guy that ran my building was a good guy and did his job. My direct supervisor didn't deserve to be a boss. He didn't know what he was doing. They never told you good job. They was always trying to make you kill yourself for no money.

Hire some private investigators and keep an eye on the guys that float and cover routes and the mechanics because some of them are robbing your company blind.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The supervisor in my area is terrible, she finds weak people and tears them down.

Current Employee - CSA  in  Canton, OH
    Current Employee - CSA in Canton, OH

I have been working at AVI Foodsystems Inc. part-time for less than a year

Pros

I really don't have anything nice to say, oh yay you get free drinks and a meal ohhhh so what!

Cons

Where do I begin? They treat you like a child, when they screw up it's your fault, I do no deal I was trained properly, I was made to feel stupid and like they couldn't wait to replace me. The whole company contradicts it's self. They tell you on thing then turn around and change the way things are done, and blame you when you don't know it was changed. When you do make a mistake and have to call the office again they make you feel like an idiot!!!! Can't wait to find a new job

Have more interactions with the CSAs the hiring manager needs to hear what is being done and needs to make herself available to the workers

Very dishonest company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greencastle, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greencastle, IN

I have been working at AVI Foodsystems Inc. part-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been here a little less than a month. and quite honestly I do not see any Pros for working here.

Cons

I am asked to sell outdated food, All of the shifts set their own prices on food to appease the union factory workers. So that causes some problems when the workers come in on overtime. When I complained I was told to just go with it. Cooking contests between second and third shifts all the time which creates a hostile environment, when you are told that your shifts cooking is bad.

Quit raising the prices and skimping on everything.

Good first job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Goshen, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN

I worked at AVI Foodsystems Inc. part-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers were fun. There were some really odd folks though as well.
    My bosses were really good. They intentionally taught/mentors me.
    Free meals
    Typically, schedules were pretty Flexible
    Environmental Stewardship

Cons

Poor Pay ($8.00 for an assistant. $14.00 for a main cook)

I was a young cook with lots of potential and the chefs took me under their wing. Some other folks without my social privileges (college degree, white) did not seem to be treated with as much respect.

I have learned a lot about this fast paced industry and the specific challenges it faces.

I have been working at AVI Foodsystems Inc.

Pros

Satisfying teamwork, great products and service.

Cons

High turnover in lower level positions and no succession plans for middle and upper management has stagnated profit growth. Our approach and outlook toward the future has gone from long term to the very short term. Retention of unprofitable business for cash flow is worrisome.

Uphold and support our Core Values.

Route Driver

Current Employee - Route Driver  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Dayton, OH

I have been working at AVI Foodsystems Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Self directed, same schedule and route, early start, day finished when work for day done. Benefits and vacation package is very good.

Cons

Everyone at AVI works hard for their money. No easy jobs here. Slackers are exposed very quickly.

Would not hurt to modernize the company a litle bit. Too much business is transacted with pen and paper that could be done on-line like other companies do here in the 21st century.

Worst place you could possibly end up

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at AVI Foodsystems Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-Workers, Salary adequate for Manager's positions

Cons

Technology (or lack of), Work-Life Balance, Company treatment of employees, Demands placed on part time help,
    pay of non management employees.

Listen more to what your people in the accounts have to say, you may learn more than you care to know. Update book keeping from pen and paper to computers, will save millions in lost inventory/cash. This company used to obsess over postings on Job Vent, so I am sure it continues to this site. I know as a fact they placed reviews just to get their ratings up.

Run!! This is the worst job, there are better jobs than this even Mcdonalds would be better

Former Employee - Food Service Worker  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AVI Foodsystems Inc. part-time for less than a year

Pros

None really. Run Run Run.

Cons

They get mad if you want to take a break, Working your behind off for such little pay. Food is gross, they never change it every 15 minutes from the warmer, leave it in there the whole shift. Bugs everywhere. Manager is too lazy to do anything. They let the factory workers take advantage of the workers, we are there whipping boys. They never have the ingredients in stock. Prices are horrible, no one wants to spend that much money on food.

Worked for AVI Foodsystems Inc.? Contribute to the Community!