AVID Technical Resources Reviews

4.5
Brian Tomasello

1. Amazing Company with Amazing People

I worked at AVID Technical Resources

Pros

The people and atmosphere; everyone is so kind and supportive and the managers take time to really get to know you and make sure you are comfortable and going to excel.

Cons

Don't have any! Working here was an absolutely great experience. I loved the time I spent working here and will always view the company fondly.

2. If you are a IT contractor, you want AVID to place you.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent recruiting and support staff. They work very hard to place you in the best suited role for you. They keep in constant contact with you to see how you are doing. Very open to hearing about any concerns about your assignment. I was placed in a six month contract (was not the best fit for either party), and AVID found another position for me with little delay. They care about their contractors. Very personable and friendly.

Cons

Really don't have any regarding AVID. Just was not happy with first assignment due to fit issues, but estatic over new position!

Advice to Management

You have a great team! They do exemplary work, please be good to them!

3. Phenomenal Organization from the Top Down

Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AVID Technical Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The owners JP and Brian are the best CEO's I've had the privilege to work under. They constantly empower their team to do well both at work and in their daily lives. My experience at AViD can't be summed up by a simple review as this organization provided me with tools that go far beyond the IT recruiting industry.

AViD provides their employees with the tools need to excel through training and real time experience.

Had I not started my own company in a different industry I would still be working for AViD and very much enjoying it.

- Great Work Culture
    - Fair Organization
    - Good Compensation packages
    - Great Work/Life Balance

Cons

If you don't like wearing a Shirt & Tie or being clean shaven then this is not the best environment for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Your organization is phenomenal from the top down.

There's no better staffing firm to work for in Boston!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at AVID for the past year and roughly 8 months. I came in as a recruiter, and after 6 months I was promoted into sales. Why am I leaving? The staffing industry just isn't right for me. Could it be right for you? ABSOLUTELY, especially working for AVID.

Pros:
    -Management: I sincerely mean it when I say you will not find more experienced, supportive and flexible management at any other staffing company. From day 1, it is obvious that they care about your success, and every action they take reflects that.
    -The team: I'll miss the team more than anything. Management hires people to fit into a particular culture, and that fosters an environment where your excited to come into work.
    -Opportunity: If you want to make money, AVID's the place to be. Base salary is decent, and there's an uncapped, tiered commission plan. Management works with you constantly to reach your goals, and success is only limited by how much effort you put it. Also, AVID is rapidly growing, so there is plenty of room for career advancement. They have some pretty aggressive expansion goals, and prefer to open new offices with current employees.
    -Culture: We worked hard, but played harder. Pretty much everyone here are friends, and that makes for an awesome time when we celebrate our success.
    -Location: You can't beat being 5 minutes from South Station.
    -Company Growth: AVID has grown for 10+ years straight, and this does not look like its slowing down. It's a very exciting time for the company.

Cons

AVIDs' Cons:
    -Long hours (8:30-5:30+). Honestly this is necessary. If you're looking for a cushy 9-5 this wouldn't be right for you. If you want to work hard and make a lot of money, then give them a call.

Staffing Industry Cons:
    -Like I mentioned earlier, this industry is not right for everyone. Some people make careers out of it, even more people leave quickly. Suggestion: Do plenty of research before you interview, and during the interview ask as many questions as it takes to help you make the right decision. This is particularly tough for people right out of school. I would suggest asking them during an interview "Why is this industry not right for everyone" or "What are some negative aspects of this job/industry". Management is very up-front during interviews to set expectations, and they want to make sure its a good fit for YOU as well as them.
    -You control your destiny in this industry. Its possible to make 100k+ after year one, its just all about how much you put in. This can be good or bad!

At the end of the day, taking a job with AVID was the best thing for me right out of school. I got a crash course in business and sales and made some good money. As an account manager, I basically ran my own business. You will most likely not be able to get this experience anywhere else.

6. Great working environment with strong leadership

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter/Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter/Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at AVID Technical Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I spent almost 3 years at AVID, starting as a recruiter and moving into an account management role. I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent at AVID and the people there. Recruiting is an industry where you truly get out what you put it in, the AVID team is very supportive of both your professional and personal goals and will go above and beyond to help you get there. Managment takes a genuine interest in your success which is not easy to find, especially in most jobs right out of college.

I was able to gain knowledge on a variety of industries, it's provided me with a deeper understanding of the work force as a whole and specific trends. I was also able to develop relationship building skills that will forever be useful to my career and growth.

Cons

It's a lot of work and you have to be able to challenge yourself. If you can't ask questions, challenge yourself, and admit/learn from mistakes you will not be successful. Leave your ego at the door and ask questions, AVID has a lot of talent and intelligent employees that can give great advice in and outside of the workplace.

Advice to Management

Order AVID snuggies. and send me one.

7. Great environment and culture...

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AVID Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just finished my first week of training in the Technical Recruiter role and I couldn't be happier. My trainers took into consideration my prior Military recruiting experience and tailored the traditional recruiting training to fit. I'm very much looking forward to hitting it hard and make my career. This company will listen when you have questions or suggestions and won't just turn you away because your the "new guy." My account manager that I am working with is just as motivated as I am and I know we are going to make a great team and place many many candidates in their dream positions. The company is in a growth spurt and this is the perfect time to come in. You can really make a name for yourself in the company and in your area. The sky is the limit. I am very happy that I accepted their offer and I'm now working with an outstanding team!

Cons

If you aren't ready to come in and start charging, you won't fit in here or really at any similar type position anywhere. You have to be self driven and a team player or you won't enjoy the work and you will fall out.

8. Wonderful group of people to work for.

Former Employee - Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at AVID Technical Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for someone that is quick on their feet and research savvy. JP, Brian and Al were wonderful to work with and made you feel part of their extended families. Like many staffing firms, they tend to hire young fresh faces that recently graduated college... though there are exceptions to this. If you are an attractive woman or a strong/ friendly sales type of person, this is the place for you. You will earn close to 6 figures your second year.

Cons

If you're not quick on your feet or a go getter, you will fail. Not only here, but any staffing firm. If you are timid, shy, not online most of the time... you will fail. For someone who has other things going on in life, this industry as whole may not be good for you.

RSS Feed </> Embed