AW North Carolina

Not yet rated.

Masahiro Hayabuchi

Growth Company / Burn Out Company

I have been working at AW North Carolina full-time

ProsOpportunities are plentiful if you have your own thoughts and are not afraid to do the right thing. Benefits are not terrible, salary is getting better.

ConsMany people in the upper management have recently left leaving some serious holes in American leadership. These holes are being filled by Japanese members while talent is identified and trained to move up.

Run away, and don't look back

Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee)

I worked at AW North Carolina full-time for less than a year

ProsInsurance Benefits. Now I'm forced to type because there is a 5 word minimum. Sad I can't even come up 5 positive words.

ConsPay, Hours, work environment. Stand on concrete 12 hours a day 7 days a week...no lies. We couldn't even get matting to stand on. They don't care if you have a life or a family, it's work, work and more work. They paint one picture of this place in the hiring process, but once you get on the floor it's a different story. I was told I was going to be in a QA position, but was put on an assembly line like a human robot. Motto is quality people, quality work. They do not care about quality, they care about the numbers. It's a house of lies. Mandatory vacation must be taken during the summer shut down and used for xmas shut down as well. Doesn't really leave much vacation days left. The insurance benefits were VERY GOOD, but in the end it wasn't worth staying. It's pretty much a sweat shop for adults.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice is mute, management doesn't care about their employees.

Totally mismanaged

Quality Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at AW North Carolina full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDecent health benefits, OK salary, nobody ever gets fired.

ConsMorons running the place as managers, Most of the management is crooked and stick on to their jobs by brown nosing the Japanese management. These are people who won't even get hired as unskilled labor in most companies.

Company with solid future

I have been working at AW North Carolina full-time

ProsLow stress if you choise to stay stagnant

ConsNo rewards systems and poor amenities (cafetaria, workplace comfort)

over-rated and over-worked...tired

I have been working at AW North Carolina

Prosgood pay, ok benefits..not much to say here because that is about it

Consnever let you off to spend time with family. no rest time. 12 hours a day, for 7 days a week

Advice to Senior Managementbetter organization and more respect for employees

TOO MANY HOURS..but good pay.

I have been working at AW North Carolina

Pros-Many opportunities for advancement. Lots of folks come in the door at an entry level position and move up to Supervisors.
-Pay raise schedule is nice. 60 cents every 6 months for the first 4 years = $4.80
-Very nice benefit package.
-Plenty of overtime. You can make a decent living.

Cons-Many folks in there are working mandatory 6 or 7 day workweeks, 12 hours a day. There is no way to maintain a healthy family life with schedules like that.
-Many departments are understaffed, and thus overworked.
-Poor decision making with regard to promoting individuals.
-No pay raises after 4 years. (Though the "top pay" is not bad)
-Temps. The temps are paid poorly, which shows in their morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider adding a 3rd shift to most departments to take the pressure off of people. People need to have time with their families. Money is nice, but you can't get the time with your families back.

Working at AW

Level III (Former Employee)

I worked at AW North Carolina

ProsGreat place for opportunity for growth. All you have to do is go in and learn the job and the promotion starts!

ConsThe morale is low over there. People are backstabbers when it comes to your promotion within the company. Management is more about what they can get.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop listening to all of your so called supervisors. Most of them are out of control and could care less about the company.

Worked for AW North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AW North Carolina reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AW North Carolina CEO Masahiro Hayabuchi. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by AW North Carolina employees.