AWP

William A. Fink

Harrasment by Day. Drinking away Depression by night

Traffic Control Specialist (Current Employee) Kingsport, TN

ProsThere Are absolutely none I can think of Other than a paycheck

ConsConstant Racial, Sexual, and Verbal Harrasment in the Workplace By Management and Employees... Manager Sits by and Eggs it on. OSHA Says only 16 hours in a day with an 8 hour rest Period.... Doesn't exsist. If your not a favorite Prepare for the bullying .

Another employee was forced under firing to work on no time off after a car wreck less than 24 hours before. He was also forced to flag a 16+ hour day while in pain and BEGGING for a relief worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to learn to learn how to properly Maintain a Group of Individuals larger thant just 5 people. You also need to learn that Harrassment in the Workplace is illegal and not Acceptable. Also Don't threaten people jobs when they are injured

Do not interview for this company

Operation Manager (Former Employee) Manassas, VA

ProsYou can only go up from this company

ConsVery much age discrimination
    safety disregard , just get more money
    This is nothing more than a temp agency

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ethical location director managers

Do not work for this company!

Crew Chief (Former Employee) Fishersville, VA

ProsFree training and certification in traffic control.

ConsPromised raises, none were given. Be prepared to work 10-12 hour days standing in the road flagging with no breaks while crew leader sits in company truck. Payroll cheated me out of hours and travel time pay. No safety meetings, lack of communication with OH office. No management, lack of proper equipment, trucks will not pass DOT regulations.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with some respect. Promote the people that are qualified for management positions instead of hiring friends.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a job.

Senior Flagger (Former Employee) Niles, MI

ProsGot to work outside, and got to take home a company truck, vacation time racked up quick, some times got off early.

ConsOn call 24/7, the compensation was terrible and raises were almost non existent, time off was based on managers mood, had to unionize to prevent being fired for no reason because it's an at will employment state, not kntwing when you were going to work, working 16 hours without a break, and that includes being able to use a rest room, and being treated like dirt by the clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your employees, offer better health insurance, communication would be nice as well, quarterly reviews of how bad we are doing and constant threat closing the shop, and stand up for your employees with the clients, I once got yelled at for now picking up brush by the client when my job is to flag traffic, all I got was I should have done it.

They do not care about their employees, they mislead you with no chance of advancement.

Crew Chief (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsThey do certify you ATSSA which you have to pay for, but the certification is good in the state of Florida only. They do drug test and back ground checks, which you pay for. They supply you with uniforms which you get charged for weekly, They don't provide cleaning service for them but you still get charged weekly for these shirts.

ConsThere are no breaks, sometimes no lunch, you stand in the road flagging for up to 12 hrs in a day being watched by the manager who sits in his cozy air conditioned truck. Just when you think you will get 40 hrs, they don't call you for work . Oh yeah did I mention you sit and wait for them to call you for work. This is a company that doesn't care about their employees, although it is US Traffic Technologies in Florida an AWP company. The pay in Daytona Beach is much lessor than the pay in the Deerfield office. "It is your choice".

Advice to Senior Management1. This is a $30 Million Dollar company, take some of that money and invest in the employees that actually do the work for this company to make it exist, put their lives on the line in the second most dangerous job in the nation and if it weren't for the employees YOU WOULD NOT EXIST. 2. Have a safety/company meeting once a month, then have a one on one conversation with the individual employee to know how they actually feel about their job. COMMUNICATE as if you REALLY CARE! 3. Give or ask if breaks are needed, instead of letting your managers sit in their cozy trucks and watch the employees stand in the hot sun all day. 4. Do not "over hire", to give the existing employees the opportunity to get more than 20 hours a week. 5. Make seniority a priority.

Don't bother with these people

Flagger (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe only possitive thing I can say about this company is that they provide the truck and most of the gear you need to do the job.

ConsNo matter what they tell you, it's a part time job and will never be a full time job. Your boss will tell you and everyone you work with that he wants you to become full time and become a crew chief. You are expected to be available 24 hours a day, if you are lucky you might get to actually work 16 hours per week. They will pay you a lower wage than they advertise on their employment ad then call you a liar when you ask them to correct it. Glad I haven't seen them in our city lately.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't say you have work when you don't. If you want a high standard of professionalism, lead by example and get rid of the people that are not meating expectations. Communicate better, don't lie, and don't let your people lie to get employees.

Worked for AWP? Contribute to the Community!