AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros:
  • "Flexible hours, you're in charge of your own future"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Opportunity to make a lot of money, if you work hard enough or get lucky"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality"
    in 6 reviews
  • "No base salary, heavy sales focus, no formal training"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not what it seems after you get there

Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsGood training if you are new to the industry

ConsAll promises made in the beginning are not necessarily true. All the leads that AXA is supposed to give to you are either old, or have been recycled so many times by all of the advisors who have come and gone. VERYexpensive, all costs of doing business, office, ink, printer, postage, computer back up , computer phone etc etc is charged to the advisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest about the costs of being an advisor at AXA. The way it was explained to me made it sound very minimal and easy to "work off" on a monthly basis, not true at all. You are either micromanaged or left totally alone depending on who your manager is, neither one provides a productive environment.

I paid for my Series 7 & 66 so my managers had no vested money in me and if I worked out great if not oh-well.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you have 3-5yrs, work 10-12hrs, love smiling & dialing & live at home you might make it.

ConsYou eventually pay for your space, computer, etc. & if you are producing and actually making a living But, however, don't meet your current year goals you could be let go, even after 2yrs...

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a vested interest, help create business, build/demand teams and be part of the teams and if their is someone that has knowledge of a certain area of the business/financial markets harness/hone in on it. This way AXA will not be a swinging door company..

Don't do it

Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible schedule(depending on your manager and how long you've been there), Potential for good income(but not very common)

ConsPoor training, No base salary, Poor benefits(no 401k match), Force you to sell to your family and friends, Have you tell prospects you sell outside products but base your benefits requirement and bonus on AXA Equitable proprietary products, Have you sell primarily life insurance and annuities regardless of clients best interest, every expense is paid for by the advisor including but not limited to: computer rental(required), Errors and Omissions insurance(required), cubicle or office(required), office supplies, personal office equipment(printer, additional monitor, etc), postage on work related documents, etc. No one knows who the company is so you have to sell them on using you and the company. Claim you get several resources from company but most are no longer legitimate since they have been recycled so many times by employees that have quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoach your employees instead of badgering them when they are doing poorly.

Financial Advisor

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWide variety of resources since the company is international . Company provides decent sales training if you are new to sales. You will virtually be just a salesman who calls themselves a "Financial Advisor" and you don't even have to have any type of financial background to be a financial advisor which is totally ridiculously sad but true

ConsCompany will tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get you in the door. They will tell you that you will earn 100k + if you just work hard which only 2% of advisors really make annually . Most advisors make around 20k their first year and you will be fired if you don't meet certain quotas. It's a revolving door company policy and after most employees really see what the company is about they leave. There is over a 60% turnover rate annually so you can do the math

Advice to Senior ManagementTELL THE TRUTH !! Applicants deserve that at the minimum! Don't just try to get individuals in the door!

Not a good place to intern

Financial Planner (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern for less than a year

ProsHours are flexible. You get to work with other interns.

ConsI learned very little through my internship. The manager is still too new in the industry. There are a lot of things he did not know. I did a lot of grunt work, very boring

Advice to Senior Managementhave a good and planned internship program, have some work for employees

A Great Place To Fine Tune Your Skills And Not Worry

Financial Professional (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AXA Advisors as a contractor for more than a year

ProsAC, water, and phone worked. Color printer looked nice for the managers otherwise you paid. If you want to be close to your parents this is a great way to move back home to cut back on expenses. Anybody can get a job there, they are very open to anybody that breathes.

ConsMLM style business. Not really taken seriously by the financial industry because its an insurance company. Great business model for shareholders, except you will always be training good talent and they will end up leaving to greener pastures that actually pay more then minimum wage. Turnover is roughly 1.5-2yrs from what I saw. They try to say otherwise.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit being cheap and spend the supposedly wealth you make. Toss the cult style Monday night blabbing by that goone. Turn the place into a real financial firm. Spend the wealth for once.

Terrible, management gets better off at other places and leaves interns to their own

Sales Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern for less than a year

ProsRelaxing, Flexible Hours, Air Conditioning, Good environment, Some kind people, a TV

ConsIf management finds a better company to work for they drop all of their interns to go screw themselves and leave them hanging even though they promised sponsorship for series 7 series 6, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't betray your newly interns

Felt mislead and strung along during the onboarding process. Very poor choice for recent college grads.

I have been working at AXA Advisors

ProsReally none to speak of.

ConsDishonest, always additing caveats. Invested over $1,000 of my own money to get licenses only to find out that the reimbursement date was contingent upon further sales, not passing the tests.

Legal corporate pyramid scheme

Rochester, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for less than a year

ProsUnlimited "days off", follow the school schedule for work days

ConsCommission-based pay, paying for office space, miserable co-workers, cannibalistic office mentality, constant pressure to sell life insurance

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit

Chop shop

Financial Professional (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for less than a year

ProsSponsorship for Series exams, entrepreneurship, time management.

ConsPressure to solicit family and friends, poor guidance, salaried for only the first month then 100% commissions.
It's a tough business and extremely difficult to begin with any company in this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on providing more guidance for your employees to help get the ball rolling. Stop pressuring new hires to ask all their family and friends for business and instead help them develop a book of clients. Also provide longer financial support for your new hires rather than the one month make it or break it.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AXA Advisors CEO Henri de Castries. All 239 reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees.