AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros
  • Flexible hours most of the time(in 13 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money)(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary offered in Manasquan(in 8 reviews)

• Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality(in 6 reviews)

Felt mislead and strung along during the onboarding process. Very poor choice for recent college grads.

ProsReally none to speak of.

ConsDishonest, always additing caveats. Invested over $1,000 of my own money to get licenses only to find out that the reimbursement date was contingent upon further sales, not passing the tests.

Legal corporate pyramid scheme

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsUnlimited "days off", follow the school schedule for work days

ConsCommission-based pay, paying for office space, miserable co-workers, cannibalistic office mentality, constant pressure to sell life insurance

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit

Chop shop

Financial Professional (Former Employee)

ProsSponsorship for Series exams, entrepreneurship, time management.

ConsPressure to solicit family and friends, poor guidance, salaried for only the first month then 100% commissions.
    It's a tough business and extremely difficult to begin with any company in this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on providing more guidance for your employees to help get the ball rolling. Stop pressuring new hires to ask all their family and friends for business and instead help them develop a book of clients. Also provide longer financial support for your new hires rather than the one month make it or break it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hostile - Horrible place to learn the business

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Albany, NY

ProsThe branch structure is designed to really help new people learn and grow in the business. Training in various locations throughout the country is always a nice perk.

ConsThe branch I was at had a lot of issues, an absentee Branch Manager and zero support. Orphaned clients have talked about a "revolving door" of advisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good look at the branches in New York.

Great Training But That's It

Financial Professional (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat place if you're new to the industry. Training is good for overall product knowledge in life vehicles. You will get a good understanding of the uses and needs of life.

ConsThey seriously believe Cornerstone is the almighty one all best investment. Pay is crap. 2,000/ month in the rbg. You're dealing w cafe, maintenance, aids, and teachers. The creme brûlée client with wealth management needs, lol. LPL system is complete cramp. Not much is spoken about managed money. It's primarily a life insurance company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more. Get rid of 6 month contracts and step up to the plate. Otherwise you'll be training with high turn over and be another insurance company. Wall St. will not take you seriously. If there was a way to give them half a star I would. 1 star is too high IMO.

Life Insurance Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to set your own hours

ConsDont know how to properly advise...they just peddle life insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn more about finance

Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pros are that the office is in New York, but other than that, none. Unless you like cold calling all day.

ConsNo money at first. All cold calling. Your told you'll make a lot but unless your one of the few who gets lucky, you wont.

Don't start your career here!

Financial Advisor Trainee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSponsorship for Series 7, Series 66 and Life, Accident and Health exams.

ConsDishonest management
    Unknown fees- $400 to rent a desk every month + other fees like using AXA's website which they won't tell you in the hiring process
    incompetent HR-took over 6 weeks for one HR person to process my information so I could take my Series 7
    Little to know training-In less you consider tactics of harassing people on the phone training
    You can't make a long distance call or print a piece of paper without AXA charging you
    If you sell brokerage you have to pay ALL of your own transaction fees
    Get ready to fork over 50% of your commissions to your supervisor when you're starting
    NO SALARY starting out-naturally when you're starting you'll need to pass your exams and build your book so don't count on AXA to get you through those first couple of months. Just so you know the average for starting brokers is anywhere from 300-1000 salary while training.
    They'll take anyone with a pulse off the street and hire them
    They're so desperate they reach out to people that have quit and try to get them back (I've probably received about 10+ phone calls from recruiters since I stopped working there).
    Also...before you start working there just google "AXA Advsors" you'll probably hear more of the same, but check out how many law suite they've been involved in.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, this company is hopeless.

Karr Barth/ AXA Advisors Interview Experience

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsVery nice building. Staff seemed satisfied and content.

ConsThis company goes by Karr Barth Associates and AXA Advisors. They called in about 5 of us for a group interview and gave us more information about the company. Then they said they would be selecting two or three of us to come back. All the other candidates, including myself, had their master's degrees and so did everyone else I spoke with at the company. This gave me a few shreds of hope. I was called in for a second interview to speak with the president and was eventually told that I would have to pay $650-800 to get licensed and that I would have to draw from my "natural market". For those of you who don't know, that is people that you know like your parents, family, and friends. After that, I was told that I could go for 4-5 weeks without receiving a paycheck "due to the peaks and valleys associated with this type of career". Also, they asked that I work until 8pm and come in on weekends because, "It's not a job, it's a career business". Additionally, the president who interviewed me was writing on my resume the entire time I was speaking to him and not making eye contact with me or showing any other social vital signs. I did confirm my third interview (which I will not show up for) to show them that they are not the only ones who can waste other peoples' time.Thanks for the false hope and wasting my gas money. Stay away from this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet professional, it will help you not receive reviews like this.

Inferior compared to other firms.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey will sponsor you to get your securities licenses.

ConsCommission only from day one
    No training
    No incentive to sell anything except proprietary annuities and life insurance
    Hidden consts

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a base salary and real training to new associates.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!