AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros:
  • "Flexible hours, you're in charge of your own future"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Opportunity to make a lot of money, if you work hard enough or get lucky"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality"
    in 6 reviews
  • "No base salary, heavy sales focus, no formal training"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Intern

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern for less than a year

Proswork was easy, i had only one supervisor

ConsI came in the afternoon, so didn't really interact with many people. and it was an unpaid internship

Financial Advisor Program

Financial Advisor (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsSponsorship for the series 7

ConsYou are not even a part time worker until you pass the series 7, then you are only part time until you do enough business to go on contract full time, then congratulations, you have to pay your your desk space and E&O insurance. You cold call all day to sell bankers and lawyers variable insurance or annuities, that's it.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are idiots that know nothing about the markets. All they know how to sell is insurance and annuities. They sell YOU in order for you to agree to come onboard, the entire process is smoke and mirrors. Dont believe a word they say.

Great career with a growing company

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsThe more you work, the more potential there is to grow and get compensated. Great flexibility and pay structure. Good training program for new employees (thanks to experienced management team).

ConsNo major complaints. Just be prepared to work A LOT - but at least it pays off unlike with other jobs where you may work a lot and not see the results.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Best opportunity for the right person

Financial Consultant (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAdvisors and staff in our Buffalo office are extremely helpful and supportive. The managers are more mentors and coaches, rather than bosses. The Buffalo office has the highest per capita income within the company, with most advisors making well over $100,000. Many making $250,000+. It is a tremendous opportunity to help clients achieve their financial goals, while having the freedom to run your own financial planning practice. The benefits are second to none in the industry. A lot of short term and long term incentive programs on top of highest immediate compensation in the financial planning industry. Support to obtain your CFP designation and other higher education programs.

ConsIn the first few years there is a lot of hard work and time that needs to be put in. However over time, the work gets easier through working with clients and receiving referrals. And the flexibility over running your own calendar helps maintain a work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue supporting the financial advisors as you currently do with programs such as the training through Harvard and the Wharton School of Business at University of Penn.

Management and organization is not the best for learning and professional women

Financial Advisor (Former Employee)
Honolulu, HI

I worked at AXA Advisors as a contractor for less than a year

ProsIf you like to be completely on your own and have zero guidance or help, this is the place.

ConsNo training, too much depends on local branch managers, if you luck out to have a good one, it's good, I wasn't that lucky. The management is very pushy about specific products, if you don't meet certain quotas on products they promote, you can lose your job. There was virtually no guidance for a newbie in the business like me.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise to pay more attention to new people and help out to learn more about products and business rather than pushing people to sell things they have no idea about.

Exploits new recruits than toss away

Financial Professional (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for less than a year

ProsThere is absolutely nothing good about this company. Wish I could give 0 stars.

ConsEverything. They continually hire new people to exploit their natural market and once they are out there is absolutely zero support from the company and pushes the out. There is no chance of turning this into a life long career.

Great company and people to work for and build a business.

Financial Consultant (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsAxa provides unlimited training. They are big on team building and are always pushing you to do your best.

ConsMust be able to contract to receive benefits and pay.

Internship

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern for less than a year

ProsLearned how to work the phone

ConsA large amount of down time

Advice to Senior ManagementMore structured internship

GREAT job that ensures a successful career!

Columbia, MD

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is a great company to work for! The workplace is very relaxed and my coworkers are very friendly and approachable. You aren't stuck in the office from 9-5 because you get to travel to meet with your clients. There is so much support as a new employee, your manager really wants you to succeed. They provide so much training and make it fun and easy to retain. New jobs/careers can be intimidating but all of the training is provided and super helpful! Its a great job that emphasizes individual success while being a part of a team/district. There are many networking and team-building events, which keep the job fun and rewarding. You are acknowledged and appreciated for your hard work. This company is great because they really want you to succeed and offer all the training, programs, and help you could need to be successful. AXA is already a leading company in the financial industry, but recently it launched numerous advertisement campaigns that will benefit our brand awareness tremendously.

ConsLike any job, it can be a challenging, You get what you put into it, so you really have to polish your entrepreneurial skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with all of the new advertising this year! It's gaining us so much attention!

Intern!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern

ProsThe culture in the office is great. Solid people around you looking to help and build your career. The managers are there to help, since you make them money.

ConsThe downfall is that it is very tough to get started in the industry, but if you can do so it is very lucrative. As a young or recent college graduate be ready to be working 50-60 hours a week to really get your foot in the door.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AXA Advisors CEO Henri de Castries. All 242 reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees.