AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros
  • Flexible hours most of the time(in 13 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money)(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary offered in Manasquan(in 8 reviews)

• Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality(in 6 reviews)

Not much you can learn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a famous company, and so has name value to put on resume. Also, it is in a reasonably nice location.

ConsHard to learn anything since all you do is face the computer to do your assignment. Supervisor is hardly there for you to communicate.

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

Proswork was easy, i had only one supervisor

ConsI came in the afternoon, so didn't really interact with many people. and it was an unpaid internship

Management and organization is not the best for learning and professional women

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsIf you like to be completely on your own and have zero guidance or help, this is the place.

ConsNo training, too much depends on local branch managers, if you luck out to have a good one, it's good, I wasn't that lucky. The management is very pushy about specific products, if you don't meet certain quotas on products they promote, you can lose your job. There was virtually no guidance for a newbie in the business like me.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise to pay more attention to new people and help out to learn more about products and business rather than pushing people to sell things they have no idea about.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Sales Training / Poor Sales Leads

Financial Representative (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsIf you already have a network of people who you can target for financial services, there is the potential for significant income. Allows you to use products outside of AXA, but it is not encouraged. Good sales training.

ConsPotential clients aren't familiar with AXA. Expect to be on the phone making a lot of cold calls if you don't have a lead network in place. This would be fine, except that you have to pay for/produce the leads yourself. For younger individuals, it focuses more on annuities then on managed money to accumulate wealth, which is more expensive for the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be easier for those starting out if they worked under a mentor. Sales could be supplemented by supporting mentor. Base salary. Have a system in place to provide leads.

Private Wealth Management Intern

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis internship opened up many doors for me, future employers are very interested in my experiences at AXA

ConsNo cons during my internship

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

I learned how to properly file and organize documents and folders.

Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe employer and the whole work environment is friendly, you learn about the business and it's flexible.

ConsThe downside was it was not the work field of my choice, but it was something and I'm glad I was apart of it.

AXA Advisors Internship

Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGot to work directly with a wealth management adviser.
    Received a lot of responsibilities right away in researching various mutual funds.
    I also was able to accompany my supervisor while she met with clients and brought me along on presentations of various mutual funds.

ConsA lot of administrative work.
    Many days of making copies, faxes, and scans.
    Work also consisted of researching new clients for the firm which consisted off filling up phone lists during the evening.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse more mentorship to show interns how portfolios are set for different clients. Teach interns, and give them more responsibility rather than administrative tasks.

Able and willing!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome training for those new to the industry and/or profession. It's truly graduate level training at least twice a week. Homework assignments and all but for real life scenarios and client interactions.

ConsMake sure you know your fellow associates well because they will steal commissions which is important because you start out pre-contract (100% commission).

Advice to Senior ManagementPaid Training!!!!

AMAZING, great people. Great environment. I love my job.

AXA Advisor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsMeeting amazing people on a daily basis. Working with great people.

ConsUnstable paycheck due to commission

Advice to Senior Managementna

Summer Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFellow Interns were cool but that is pretty much it.

ConsToo many to list them all. For starts the District VP that i was assigned to was oblivious on what to assign to interns. Most days the interns would just sit there and do nothing or sit on the internet and play games because nothing was assigned to them.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!