AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money)(in 8 reviews)

• Flexible hours most of the time(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary offered in Manasquan(in 8 reviews)

• Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality(in 6 reviews)

Summer Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFellow Interns were cool but that is pretty much it.

ConsToo many to list them all. For starts the District VP that i was assigned to was oblivious on what to assign to interns. Most days the interns would just sit there and do nothing or sit on the internet and play games because nothing was assigned to them.

They will make you lie

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsYou can get your licenses quickly but you have to pay for them yourself. There is not really any other positive thing to say here

ConsThey will make you call all your friends and family even before you are licensed and sell them high-priced and poor performing annuities and whole life insurance policies. This is a 100% commission job and they will charge you for everything such as stamps to mail out documents to clients

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing honest is a better long term business plan. Do not nickle and dime your employees when you are making so much off their backs

"A great way to get started in financial advisory."

ProsThe company offers many financial services and thus offers advisors multiple platforms to earn and find their own personal niche.

ConsDo not expect to learn /or apply much about financial concepts. This is pretty much sales job. Requires a lot of initial personal investment (time, licensing fees). Hopefully you get a good manager (as I did) that will help you get a foothold in business early before you start to branch out.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your advisors as far as infrastructure or tools. This is a major global corporation and advisors should not have to go into their own pocket to enhance their marketing capabilities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

after being independent for years AXA seemed like a nice fit for a career agency

Financial Planner (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsBranch Manager in Tampa Florida was great

ConsCompliance and expense no district manager in Sarasota

Advice to Senior Managementfind a way to lower advisor expenses

Fraudulent and Unethical

Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThere were no pros at this place of employment. Very disturbing experience.

ConsIn my time at this company I witnessed numerous client complaints from unsuitable investment recommendations and poor customer service. There reports of dishonest activities, taking advantage of customers, driven by greed with a total disregard of industry regulations. You can read about illegal kickbacks and ponzi schemes with charges and litigation pending. The sales force does not meet regulatory requirements to conduct business as registered investment advisors. Testimonials from employees and customers reveal disturbing facts about compliance violations, unethical behavior, and criminal activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease go out of business.

Local branch managers make/break your experience. Mine was great.

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsGreat training for consulting process. Very systematic in weekly sales meetings- not just ra ra sessions; focused on helping the producer. Fair payout if you're willing to work. Great opportunity for those who push themselves.

ConsThey require you to have a minimum percentage of your production be with proprietary products- thankfully they have some pretty good products. Some in upper management get to pushing the company Kool-Aid in a heavy handed way. If you stick to doing right by the client you'll be okay.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo proprietary product focused... it's a dinosaur business model. Also, not a single advisor, not even the 30 year veterans, were able to read commission statements.

Financial Advisor Program

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSponsorship for the series 7

ConsYou are not even a part time worker until you pass the series 7, then you are only part time until you do enough business to go on contract full time, then congratulations, you have to pay your your desk space and E&O insurance. You cold call all day to sell bankers and lawyers variable insurance or annuities, that's it.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are idiots that know nothing about the markets. All they know how to sell is insurance and annuities. They sell YOU in order for you to agree to come onboard, the entire process is smoke and mirrors. Dont believe a word they say.

Insurance Sales is all you'll be incentivized to do...

ProsAutonomy to create your own schedule etc...

ConsSomewhat deceptive management and sales tactics. Cold call or hit up your personal contacts to see who wants to buy 1) Life insurance 2) Annuities... that's all this gig is about.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Honest

Financial advisor

Advisor (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood group of people worked there.

ConsEveryone that succeeded was a lair and didn't care about clients.

Exploits new recruits than toss away

Financial Professional (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThere is absolutely nothing good about this company. Wish I could give 0 stars.

ConsEverything. They continually hire new people to exploit their natural market and once they are out there is absolutely zero support from the company and pushes the out. There is no chance of turning this into a life long career.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!