AXA Advisors

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great

Intern (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsLots of education, fun environment

ConsInternships don't pay, big office

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing well

I learned how to properly file and organize documents and folders.

Clerical Assistant (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe employer and the whole work environment is friendly, you learn about the business and it's flexible.

ConsThe downside was it was not the work field of my choice, but it was something and I'm glad I was apart of it.

Great exposure and learning opportunity

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsTeam pushes you to generate results. Regular input on performance. Not hard to get advice when needed. Tasks with clear impact are given to patient, hard-working individuals.

ConsCulture is extremely competitive and strongly discourages interacting with most others around workplace. Support/assistance is scarce otherwise.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncorporate more training options (e.g. online resources) for more driven individuals

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Advisor

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsWide variety of resources since the company is international . Company provides decent sales training if you are new to sales. You will virtually be just a salesman who calls themselves a "Financial Advisor" and you don't even have to have any type of financial background to be a financial advisor which is totally ridiculously sad but true

ConsCompany will tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get you in the door. They will tell you that you will earn 100k + if you just work hard which only 2% of advisors really make annually . Most advisors make around 20k their first year and you will be fired if you don't meet certain quotas. It's a revolving door company policy and after most employees really see what the company is about they leave. There is over a 60% turnover rate annually so you can do the math

Advice to Senior ManagementTELL THE TRUTH !! Applicants deserve that at the minimum! Don't just try to get individuals in the door!

AXA intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGood working environment. Handle with cases directly. No big pressure.

ConsNo need brain while working. Don't know what exactly the products are.

"AXA Advisors is where I started my career"... "I can easily say it is where I will likely finish"...

Financial Consultant (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsAXA Advisors is where I started my career and after just 3 short years, I can easily say it is where I will likely finish it. A company is only as good as the people who comprise it, and I will say the people that make up our organization are truly amazing. In a day where financial services companies seem to offer any and every product and service under the sun, AXA Advisors has been able to differentiate itself through its innovation, dedication and support. The platform we operate on is extensive, the level of training is unparalleled, and the resources available to a 24 year old financial professional are unmatched. When I started, if you would have told me I would be teaching CPAs and attorneys about certain elements of complex trust and estate planning strategies across the country, I would have thought you were crazy. The leadership, management, and resources backing our firm allow me to not only work in that space, but to thrive in it.

From a compensation standpoint, I have found AXA Advisors’ payouts to be amongst the most competitive in the industry. The potential for virtually unlimited compensation and my entrepreneurial spirit allow me to work when and where I desire and ultimately say, "If it's to be, it's up to me."

I have been truly blessed to come into a situation with phenomenal leadership, excellent systems, and a career opportunity where the demand for what I do appears to be increasing exponentially as the baby boomer generation continues to age. I believe that successful people will be successful regardless of the situation they are in. AXA Advisors enables those types of individuals to truly impact the lives of hundreds if not thousands of people, while providing the potential for substantial income.

ConsDescribe some of the downsides of working at AXA Advisors

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer some advice or feedback to the leadership at AXA Advisors

A great place to gain experience and grow.

(Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Pros1. Team.and family environment.
    2. Managers genuinely care about their agents/employees and seem to always be available, you don't even have to go to a manager, but other agents are always available as well.
    3. Training is great.
    4. Rewards are great with stock, pension, health/dental, 401k, etc.
    5. Recognition is great on both a local and national level.
    6. Joint work is always an option for both the newer and older agent.

Cons1. You have to work 40 + hours if you're going to make it in the business. There is no such thing as overtime pay.
    2. Technology is not new.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate the technology.

Great place to work - very rewarding

AXA Advisor (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsTremendous opportunity for earnings growth if you are willing to work hard. Great support early on in the career - excellent training program. Managers help you to get used to the sales process. Excellent marketing support. Team oriented environment.

Consyou have to be willing to work hard to make it, but there is great support to do so. Once you grow your practice to a certain level it gets a lot easier.

not a good company

Advisor (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Prosthey will teach you the business and get u all the stuff you need to get started in the financial world

ConsThey will cheat you out your pay. esp if you are a new comer and dont know much about how you get paid. They just want your to sell and not care about the clients

Advice to Senior Managementbe better people... you will make more money if you just stop focusing on the greed

You need to have a large network of teacher friends

Financial Advisor (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsReceive sponorship to take all applicable FINRA tests (Although you have to pay for them)
    Work for an established company

ConsExpected to sell to family & friends to reach 25 clients before recieving a salary and benefits.
    Must snoop around schools to set meetings with prospective clients

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat new hires as an individual instead as someone that will not be there in a month because it can be noticed.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors reviews and ratings in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AXA Advisors CEO Henri de Castries. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees.