AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros
  • Flexible hours most of the time(in 13 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money)(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary offered in Manasquan(in 8 reviews)

• Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality(in 6 reviews)

28 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Take Initiative

Intern (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat people to work with and it's a nice balance between professionalism and having fun. As an intern you aren't disrespected and you can become part of the team if you want to be. Do your work, don't complain and they'll appreciate you, the work isn't too complicated. You can attend client meetings as well, but you have to ask-again take initiative. They are very lax with students and you can rearrange your schedule, they don't mind if you take a day off or two for tests or other things.

ConsThere isn't really much formal training so you have to quickly pick up things yourself and take initiative to learn. Also the internship isn't really on a track for a financial advisor role, I look at it more as a way to potentially get hired or make connections. Again if you want to learn things about being an advisor you have to take initiative and ask A LOT of questions.
    If you aren't into learning or selling insurance, this isn't the right place to learn about other investment services. Yes they do money management and other things, but it is very limited and again you to have actively search for someone who actually does those things and work with them.
    Sometimes it's hard to look at your day and say "wow I just gained an invaluable amount of knowledge", but then again you are just an intern.. This goes back to the grooming aspect

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with interns to grow them into the advisors you want them to be. It's almost like you're expecting them to leave, when you should be courting them to stay. There are may areas for improvement that the branch can take:
    -utilize intern to make you more money, phone calls, scheduling reviews, gathering client information
    -Stress how much money you can make from a given client or case
    -Make them smarter and more knowledgeable than when they walked in by providing classes/presentations specifically for interns.

Helpful if you get the right mentor

Financial Representative (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsDefinitely not a job for someone straight out of college to get into unless you are willing to really bust your butt and probably be broke for a year or two. If you are willing to put all the effort into it, you WILL get results but until then, its really rough.

ConsDepending on your mentor, your experience here may be a complete waste of time. If your mentor does suck, go latch on to somebody else.

Advice to Senior ManagementYes interns are replaceable but treat them well and you can help them help you! Its a win-win situation!

No True Leadership

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou can earn your FINRA licensing.

ConsWithout real leadership this group of offices in West LA, Woodland Hills, Irvine and Koreatown will always under perform. Branch managers say they have an open door policy, but don't have time or interest in speaking to you. Divisional Managers lack management and leadership skills.
    You can't hire everyone and spread managers too thin to train the new advisors, Make a mistake and you might receive a rude call from the compliance bulldog. I could never understand a word she said but knew she was not happy. I spent long days learning from those who would give me time but in the end I realized that this group did not care about me at all. I wanted to learn and bee successful and I put in the time, but needed guidance.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking at this as a numbers game. You hire everyone who interviews and then it is sink or swim. Those with a good network in the area seem to survive and those who don't have a network fail and move on. Take the time to get to know your people and grow them into Financial Advisors instead of being hands off.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

growing experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsDespite the cons, it's definitely a place where you'll experience the most character development. It'll force you to either give up the comfort of a high paycheck in the beginning or to have you reach out and network with people you never thought you would talk to for life. But through these processes, it's personal growth and relationship building, whether you made a sale or not at the end of the day. Plus as AXA advertises, it's not about selling but about helping, which I genuinely believe it's true otherwise I would've never even stepped in this industry if the company or the industry is not filled with people who are kind at heart. I was there for 6 months but I believe I've seen both the goods and the bads. I still believe given the motivation and passion in insurance and retirement planning and a kind heart, you will succeed. Also you will meet some of the smartest coworkers because they all have good degrees. Despite the fact that most people don't make it, those that do are high-achieving and intelligent.

ConsIt's more on you to make a difference. Not so much relying on the manager or the company to push you. No parking. No base salary in the beginning. A lot of cold-calling before successfully building that referral network.
    Definitely not for everyone.

Good

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsBiggest financial company in the world

ConsNo warm market, need to find it by your owe

Misleading

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIt is an old company that offers opportunities for an entrepreneurial spirit.

ConsGood luck managing your book of business, because your on your own and its not easy getting a simple policy through.

Working as a Financial Advisor was a great way to get licenses, and a LOT of headaches.

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFairly easy sales quotas, reimbursement for licensing (and thats it) . Lots of turnover means they hire almost anybody.

ConsTerrible managers in the entire WLA office. New hires are brought in to sell to their families and friends and then dumped.

Horrible! Full time job with part time job pay.

Financial Consultant (Former Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsNone! Wasted time and $$ ( it is very expensive to work for AXA, as they charge you for everything from licenses transfer to new business cards, to number of copies you print using their very, very old computers.

ConsEverything, from dumb management, lack of meaningful support to new agents, to obsolete technology in use.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign!

Exploits new recruits than toss away

Financial Professional (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThere is absolutely nothing good about this company. Wish I could give 0 stars.

ConsEverything. They continually hire new people to exploit their natural market and once they are out there is absolutely zero support from the company and pushes the out. There is no chance of turning this into a life long career.

Success in this field is generating volume

Financial Consultant (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros- Creating your own work schedule/ Flexible Hours (This is not a 8-5 job)
    - Running your own business with minimal start-up costs
    - Associates that are willing to help and work with you
    - Learning to have a entrepreneurial mindset
    - Company has existing client base to work with

Cons- You must be self-disciplined
    - Abnormal working hours, especially when you have appointments with clients
    - You are not told what you do, you basically have to figure out things by yourself
    - Training is unorganized
    - The only thing you have control over is making appointments

Advice to Senior Management- Recruit better candidates for the position and inform them about the fundamentals of this position
    - Have more product/sales training geared towards first year representatives

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!