AXA Advisors Reviews

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries
Henri de Castries

1. Great Company

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Good work/life balance

amazing culture at branches and people are overall friendly

Cons

Not enough compensation

Hard to build a client book

keep up the good work

2. Sale, Sale, Sale

Current Employee - Financial Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors (more than a year)

Pros

there are no pros, they don't help you get clients, the training is a joke, and they fire you if you don't hit quotas also they have a big turn over rate.

Cons

you must pay for you licenses and they only reimburse a 80% and managers are there to take advantage of you.

3. If You Want to Be Another Muppet, Join This Company!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Free pizza every Wednesday, you get to dress up in nice, fancy suits and stay in a "hotel" for up to six months!

Cons

Prey on people's fear and greed, hours are not flexible and you are not the owner of your business as the hiring manager purported to be when you were first courted, cold calling and new recruit turnover is high.

Manipulation does not work in the end.

Really depends on the team you are with

Current Employee - Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility
    Potential to make good money

Cons

AXA home office doesnt really care about the AXA Advisors branch, so the budget is not good for things like supplies, competent operational staff, etc.

N/A

Excellent opportunity, provided with all that is necessary for success

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Eat what you kill. For those individuals who possess great ambition such as myself, this is the perfect platform to create an income to suit your lifestyle. For those who prefer an average lifestyle making a comfortable base salary, you have entered the wrong industry. "I am a lion; I rather starve in the wilderness than be fed in a cage."

-Rewarded for your efforts. It is very easy to see the differences in character regarding an employee who makes $35k a year and is destined for failure versus one who makes $700k a year. You WILL make $150k your first year if you are a person who strives for greatness.

-Not once was an attempt made to tap into my natural market.

-Great leadership from my manager in developing the habits of successful people. I cannot speak for any other manager, however if you do not feel your manager is up to par I cannot imagine it is too difficult to seek a transition.

-Team support alongside friendly yet fierce competition.

Cons

-Around a 90% turnover rate. If you lack self-motivation and determination, are not hard-working, pessimistic in nature and tend to make excuses on a regular basis--you will fail. Please save your time and find employment featuring a stable salary. This industry is not for the weak of mind, the turnover rate is incredibly high for a reason. If you can envision yourself making the excuses seen in many of the posts on this page, written by failures who cannot own up to their faults--I am speaking directly to you.

-There are some rotten apples as in any office, it is difficult to understand how some made it through the interview process. Perhaps I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but laziness is evident from the manner a person dresses and conducts themselves--as well as their attitude towards life.

-Start up costs among other fees. Not really a con considering these are involved in any business venture in addition to the fact that you are investing in your career and book of clients--but again--this is geared towards those who tend to make an excuse for their own failure. What is $3k to a $1M+ producer? A single fitted suit?

Become slightly more selective in the interview process. I understand the desire for equal opportunity, but simply performing well in an undergraduate program is not enough to identify one who will be successful in the financial services industry.

7. If you have ethics this isn't a good place for you.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Potential to make a lot of money, but only if you sell every client an annuity or insurance.

Cons

Management and upper management only care about selling products that aren't in the clients best interests!

Have some ethics and do what's in the clients best interests.

Not much different than most financial advising companies

Former Employee - Financial Professional in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-The harder you work, the more you will make. Almost entirely commission based
    -If you have a lot of customers/clients from another business who trust you, this job is for you. I would say this is ideal for people with previous sales experience and knows a little about finance. Be prepared to contact all your old clients. If you don't have 50-100 people minimum you have worked/sold for in the past, forget it.

Cons

-sell to your friends and family if you don't have enough former clients
    -rent your office back to you

Growth, development, rewards.

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

AXA Advisors is the place for you if you care for things like autonomy, mastery and purpose. I love being able to set my own calendar and focus on brave goals with the great help of our manager. Success comes inevitably if you learn to follow your calendar and keep performing your best every single day. A great place to play an Entrepreneur role in a world of financial services. This gives me an opportunity to be my own business owner and represent myself to the clients as my company. Which is a great advantage and another great trait in the financial world.

Cons

The Entrepreneurial part might be as good as it might be bad. For example you gotta pay rent for your own cube and/or assistant and stuff like that. Personally I do not mind that at all but putting it in 'Cons' is my gesture to all those who might not appreciate this fact as much as I do.

“Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    My advice would be to stay supportive but keep reminding other reps their true duty as a Financial Advisor.

10. perseverance

Current Employee - Registered Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (less than a year)

Pros

if you work hard you'll be rewarded for it. Unlike regular employment even you exceeded what was asked of you, you don't get much in return, but in AXA its WORK HARD AND GET REWARDED. lot of perks!

Cons

you need to pay for your business and everything it entails. if you don't have a sale that month it means no compensation too. So this job is for the tough ones

11. Inside AXA Advisors - Simple Overview

Current Employee - Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Support, Good Managers. Great group of people!!!!! Everyone gets a fair shot at the prize and is treated equally. Management goes above and beyond to improve sales!

Cons

No guarantee you'll find the High-Net-Worth clients you'll need to have a Job. Long start-up, unless you have access to wealthy contacts. Very difficult for anyone in need of a livable salary for first 1-3 years; benefits of making great money should kick in by year 5, but you do starve in the beginning and you pay for everything yourself!

No advice to give management, as they've stated, "We know everything!"