AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros:
  • "Flexible hours, you're in charge of your own future"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Opportunity to make a lot of money, if you work hard enough or get lucky"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality"
    in 6 reviews
  • "No base salary, heavy sales focus, no formal training"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Summer Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors

ProsFellow Interns were cool but that is pretty much it.

ConsToo many to list them all. For starts the District VP that i was assigned to was oblivious on what to assign to interns. Most days the interns would just sit there and do nothing or sit on the internet and play games because nothing was assigned to them.

They will make you lie

Bellevue, WA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for less than a year

ProsYou can get your licenses quickly but you have to pay for them yourself. There is not really any other positive thing to say here

ConsThey will make you call all your friends and family even before you are licensed and sell them high-priced and poor performing annuities and whole life insurance policies. This is a 100% commission job and they will charge you for everything such as stamps to mail out documents to clients

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing honest is a better long term business plan. Do not nickle and dime your employees when you are making so much off their backs

Fraudulent and Unethical

Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsThere were no pros at this place of employment. Very disturbing experience.

ConsIn my time at this company I witnessed numerous client complaints from unsuitable investment recommendations and poor customer service. There reports of dishonest activities, taking advantage of customers, driven by greed with a total disregard of industry regulations. You can read about illegal kickbacks and ponzi schemes with charges and litigation pending. The sales force does not meet regulatory requirements to conduct business as registered investment advisors. Testimonials from employees and customers reveal disturbing facts about compliance violations, unethical behavior, and criminal activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease go out of business.

Insurance Sales is all you'll be incentivized to do...

I have been working at AXA Advisors

ProsAutonomy to create your own schedule etc...

ConsSomewhat deceptive management and sales tactics. Cold call or hit up your personal contacts to see who wants to buy 1) Life insurance 2) Annuities... that's all this gig is about.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Honest

Financial Advisor Program

ProsSponsorship for the series 7

ConsYou are not even a part time worker until you pass the series 7, then you are only part time until you do enough business to go on contract full time, then congratulations, you have to pay your your desk space and E&O insurance. You cold call all day to sell bankers and lawyers variable insurance or annuities, that's it.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are idiots that know nothing about the markets. All they know how to sell is insurance and annuities. They sell YOU in order for you to agree to come onboard, the entire process is smoke and mirrors. Dont believe a word they say.

Exploits new recruits than toss away

Financial Professional (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for less than a year

ProsThere is absolutely nothing good about this company. Wish I could give 0 stars.

ConsEverything. They continually hire new people to exploit their natural market and once they are out there is absolutely zero support from the company and pushes the out. There is no chance of turning this into a life long career.

Financial advisor

Advisor (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsGood group of people worked there.

ConsEveryone that succeeded was a lair and didn't care about clients.

Terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern for less than a year

ProsLooks alright if this is your first experience

ConsNo structure, cold calling, don't learn anything

Advice to Senior ManagementIs this an internship

Waste of time

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople are motivated and really want to make money

ConsManagement is inept, no support is given whatsoever, you need to fight to earn the right to get paid a salary - and then they ridicule you if you try and choose it, management is clearly trying to just suck people dry and move on

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink the entire way you do business

Don't fall for the lies...

Financial Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsEarned and was reimbursed for my NY Insurance license and my Series 7 & 66 exams. Received some valuable insight into the workings of the financial industry.

ConsI almost went bankrupt and nearly had a nervous breakdown. Spent the last month or two just spaced out, staring at my computer screen and wondering why I didn't continue studying to be an accountant.

Highly aggressive sales and prospecting environment that encourages use of deceit and intellectual property misappropriation such as lifting corporate directories from conference rooms at target companies to gain access to prospects. Managing VP's tacitly condone misrepresenting relationship between AXA Advisors and other companies to add false legitimacy and get appointments. Advisors are routinely expelled/ banned from office buildings.

You have to sell your soul to be successful. I saw through the lies pretty fast but was in deep denial, and chased a few opportunities that did not pan out. Hours are not flexible in reality, because your managing VP will guilt you into being there 12 hours a day.

Watch out for the full of himself guy that has hair like a troll doll.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house, it's not just about the money but also integrity. Put the rotten apples in the trash.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AXA Advisors CEO Henri de Castries. All 237 reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees.