AXA Advisors

Reset
5.0
AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries
Henri de Castries

Pros
  • You can definitely make a lot of money, if you choose to focus on the life insurance side of the business (which they heavily encourage/promote) (in 8 reviews)

• Creating your own work schedule/ Flexible Hours (This is not a 8-5 job) (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary, heavy sales focus, no formal training (in 8 reviews)

• Hard industry to break into, a lot of time will be devoted to establishing your Book of Business (in 6 reviews)

1. I love my job

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

They help you in every aspect of your life as long as your willing to go get it. There is plenty of training and good support to help you meet your goals. The Senior Management team has to be the best in the D/FW area.

Cons

The downside is the same downside as the rest of the profession. 100% commision can be tough

Advice to Management

You guys are doing a great job!

2. Great company to start a career as a Financial Advisor

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The RBG is a good way to get into the biz because they give you a market The model works as long as you work hard at it Great culture with a fun team and young, energetic management Excellent training, which really helps a newbie

Cons

Long hours, not a lot of pay in the first couple of years Get ready to drive a lot in the Metro area Some of the sales campaigns are a real stretch to hit

Advice to Management

Make the campaigns more attainable for new advisors Focus more on investment training Get advisors more involved in community events

3. Great company with great opportunities and the ability to earn high income

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY

Pros

* Top financial advisor platform in the business * High payout * Support & education in your future and future endeavors * Communication of new investment strategies & products I started my career at AXA directly out of college 5 - 8 yrs ago and it was the best decision I had ever made. I'm now earning well over five figures (almost six) and very happy with the opportunities in front of me. You hear a lot of bad reviews about AXA. Most of that really comes from people that have failed and blam it on AXA. This is your own business. You have to put in time and work hard. They just don't hand you clients and say here enjoy. People think that it is ok to work 10 - 5 and things should work out. It just doesnt work that way. So if you are truly a hard worker and want to build your own career, AXA is a great place that will support you.

Cons

* Technology isnt always the top notch

Growth and Flexibliy If You're Ready to Work Hard

Current Employee - Vice President in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Falls Church, VA

Pros

You control your schedule. You control your career growth. You control your income. Tremendous long term earnings opportunity. Great client interaction and a great platform to help client achieve their goals. Great teamwork and great people. I'm proud to work for AXA and feel rewarded for my hard work that is paying off.

Cons

High stress level at beginning of career. Overworked and underpaid for the first 2-5 years of your career. May have to cold call when you start unless you have a strong support group of people who are open to doing business with you and/or provide you with referrals.

Advice to Management

The industry flaw is how challenging it is for new associates to begin their career. Associates need help financially when they start and if they are not adequatly capitalized, they may fail. Technology could be improved.

6. Great place to work - very rewarding

Current Employee - AXA Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - AXA Advisor in Dallas, TX

Pros

Tremendous opportunity for earnings growth if you are willing to work hard. Great support early on in the career - excellent training program. Managers help you to get used to the sales process. Excellent marketing support. Team oriented environment.

Cons

you have to be willing to work hard to make it, but there is great support to do so. Once you grow your practice to a certain level it gets a lot easier.

7. "AXA Advisors is where I started my career"... "I can easily say it is where I will likely finish"...

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

AXA Advisors is where I started my career and after just 3 short years, I can easily say it is where I will likely finish it. A company is only as good as the people who comprise it, and I will say the people that make up our organization are truly amazing. In a day where financial services companies seem to offer any and every product and service under the sun, AXA Advisors has been able to differentiate itself through its innovation, dedication and support. The platform we operate on is extensive, the level of training is unparalleled, and the resources available to a 24 year old financial professional are unmatched. When I started, if you would have told me I would be teaching CPAs and attorneys about certain elements of complex trust and estate planning strategies across the country, I would have thought you were crazy. The leadership, management, and resources backing our firm allow me to not only work in that space, but to thrive in it. From a compensation standpoint, I have found AXA Advisors’ payouts to be amongst the most competitive in the industry. The potential for virtually unlimited compensation and my entrepreneurial spirit allow me to work when and where I desire and ultimately say, "If it's to be, it's up to me." I have been truly blessed to come into a situation with phenomenal leadership, excellent systems, and a career opportunity where the demand for what I do appears to be increasing exponentially as the baby boomer generation continues to age. I believe that successful people will be successful regardless of the situation they are in. AXA Advisors enables those types of individuals to truly impact the lives of hundreds if not thousands of people, while providing the potential for substantial income.

Cons

Describe some of the downsides of working at AXA Advisors

Advice to Management

Offer some advice or feedback to the leadership at AXA Advisors

Its been a life changing experience that has helped me build a practice of my own with many advanced resources.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Pros

+ No grid pay structure, same if you are a 50K producer or a 500K producer + Allows you to sell what's right for the client not what you can only sell them + Opportunities to move up in management + Great Benefits for long term investments + Marketing and Planning resources provided by branch and company + LPL and AXA working together, giving you independence with your investments and the big name of AXA behind you + Support in the Edison office from BMs, DMs, and Experienced Advisors

Cons

+ just like every other company, difficult to build a business, but just remember to prospect in many ways + Exams take time

successful or unsuccessful

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you need to be perfect fit and if you are successful, you will be making good money

Cons

average person will not make in this business field

Advice to Management

get rid of pushing employment to target natural market during their trainee and early year in this business.

10. Great experience and helpful people - working with Elisha Weiss at AXA Advisors

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good and supportive environment to work and helpful people. You can learn how real financial advisors work at AXA (I've been working for Eli Weiss and Barry Rindenow) that will help you establish your career path. Solid training program. I have learned about various financial products.

Cons

The work is not easy, long hours, and sometimes difficult to understand.

11. Extremly Enjoyable

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training is top notch. The management is upbeat and motivational.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

RSS Feed </> Embed