AXA Advisors

Reset
3.2
AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries
Henri de Castries

Pros
  • You can definitely make a lot of money, if you choose to focus on the life insurance side of the business (which they heavily encourage/promote) (in 8 reviews)

• Creating your own work schedule/ Flexible Hours (This is not a 8-5 job) (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary, heavy sales focus, no formal training (in 8 reviews)

• Hard industry to break into, a lot of time will be devoted to establishing your Book of Business (in 6 reviews)

1. Good experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I worked at AXA Advisors (Less than a year)

Pros

Gained experience in learning about the products and services they offered.

Cons

They should update their computers and technology. I found myself waiting for things to load and it would not get anything done.

2. Recruiter/Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - Recruiting Specialist & Vice President Assistant in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AXA Advisors is a great place to work on the corporate side of the financial services industry.

Cons

Working for AXA on the branch level is not as stable as working in the home office on the corporate level.

Advice to Management

Management could be clearer in specifying job descriptions.

3. Financial Consultant

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Edison, NJ

I have been working at AXA Advisors (More than 5 years)

Pros

-You work as hard as you want -Your hard work is proportionate to how much you can make -Make your own schedule -No stress from management -If you hit your numbers, which are not unreasonable, you keep your job -Great people to work with -Can use AXA products, or a variety of other company's products. Great platform. -Offers life insurance in addition to investments. Life insurance is far easier to sell. -Great benefits

Cons

-Very unpredictable income, month to month, and year to year -Need to build a niche market or team up with senior advisors in order to survive -When you start out, it is very difficult to both learn product, and make a decent amount of money without having to bring someone else along that knows how to sell the product well -Unpredictable hours, most clients work so you need to meet with them at their residence when they get home, 6PM, 8PM, etc -High expenses. Could travel up to an hour and a half north or south to meet with a client at their residence. Gas and mileage on car can really rack up.

Advice to Management

If you're well off, don't offer 50/50 splits on leads that you give out. 60/40 or 70/30 in favor of the advisor that is doing all the work would really go a long way to ensure we're making enough money to want to stay.

5. Hard work pays off

Pros

high commission rates for the most part. Have the ability to work from home (some days)

Cons

you get in what you put out no salary young managment

6. Financial Professional Assistant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Nice environment and cool staff members. The building in New York is fancy.

Cons

I don't think there is any cons.

Advice to Management

None.

7. Axa Advisors

Current Employee - Registered Representative in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in Columbia, MD

Pros

Love the atmosphere and competitive nature in the office. The managements is all very helpful and supports you along the way.

Cons

The business is very tough in the beginning and the pay is very low, but once you start building your practice things start to pick up.

8. Supportive

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good support for getting licenses (insurance agent, series 7/63/65/66). Very good work culture and nice management

Cons

A little directionless when starting out. Not as much training as expected.

Financial Advisor Financial Professional

Former Employee - Financial Professional in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in Omaha, NE

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to use multiple companies through the AXA Network. Work/Life balance is good meaning you can go in to work and leave for home or work 4 days a week if you want just know that you only get paid for sales so it's in your best interest to hold yourself accountable and work 50+ hours

Cons

Management lacks in just about every department, they promise education training and support but after years with axa I'm no better off. They recruited me on the great team they had and that they would help take me to the next level since I was already a Financial Advisor. The team fell apart and new guys with no education or experience replaced them on the first week, and the few guys that had been there years had no idea how to train. I managed millions of dollars before joining axa and after years with axa I didn't pick up a single new client. Needless to say I can do much better with another company. Stay away from this one there are better opportunities if being an insurance and investment professional is your goal. They pay system is screwy, at almost all other firms you receive 1099 at AXA if you sell a $100 monthly life insurance policy you 'get' $50 a month for 12 months, however because of the w2 tax treatment the almost $600 in monthly fees for salesforce and 'technology' that never works you never actually 'get your $50 & REALLY expensive E & O. Theres way better opportunities

Advice to Management

Replace yourself for people that will do the job correctly, if your unwilling to do the work you need to find someone that will, even if that means you take a lower salary or give it to someone that will do the job. Not holding folks accountable is reckless, much like the UL policies sold in the 90's. Most managers are now on the hook because they sold these inappropriate policies that are now lapsing because interest rates didn't hold up. Google 'axa lawsuit' and read what the managers have got themselves into

Great Company, but very little direction for new advisors

Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

AXA is the largest insurance company in the world and when you work in a company that large, it feels great. The name alone speaks volumes when you talk to others and explain what you do. In a sales role, that can be very helpful, especially when you sell insurance and retirement solutions. The spirit of everyone, although slightly competitive, is very friendly and there is a lot of camaraderie.

Cons

I joined the company with the understanding that there will be a lot of training provided by my manager. I did not get the support that I was promised and my education stopped short almost instantly. It left me feeling lost and unsure of what to do. This was my first true sales position where I had to find my own clients and I just didn't get the support I needed from my manager. I was not the only one--a lot of people had the same issues.

Advice to Management

Please be more active with your training ranging from insurance products to prospecting and sales skills. Most of the ideas we were provided felt hackneyed and old school. Up-to-date ideas and more guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Financial Representative (RBG)

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good sales and product training. I had an excellent manager who cared about my success. I was part of the Retirement Benefits Group that targets teachers and being part of that group it was easy to get leads, because my business partner and I had access to the schools where we can do a staff talk or set up in the teachers lounge. We also got leads at the beginning of the school at new teacher orientations. Very little cold calling on my end because my manager had a good relationship with the school districts I was working at. Good way for anyone to start the business and build their book. 403(b) cases are very easy to close because teachers need it anyways. AXA is a good place to start your financial planning career especially if you are fresh out of college and do not have any high net worth people in your natural market.

Cons

Unlike other companies, AXA does not provide you with marketing materials or pay for your seminars. They also make you buy the companies laptop and get your own printer. It gets very expensive, because you do alot of driving if you are in the RBG market. Also, after 3 years if you are in your "pop" contract, you will have to start paying for your cube...yes your cube...and mine costs a little over $700 a month. Alot of other companies will not make you pay for your cube and if they do its only $50/month. You also cannot get an outside job...not even selling Mary Kay. I left AXA because I feel like even though they had good training and connections with the school district, they were not generous with their employees compare to other insurance companies. AXA also does not paid as much as some other companies.

Advice to Management

Push and teach your reps to sell more than 403(b)s early on. If not they will find themselves working very hard for very little.

RSS Feed </> Embed