AXA Advisors

Reset

Financial Representative (RBG)

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good sales and product training. I had an excellent manager who cared about my success. I was part of the Retirement Benefits Group that targets teachers and being part of that group it was easy to get leads, because my business partner and I had access to the schools where we can do a staff talk or set up in the teachers lounge. We also got leads at the beginning of the school at new teacher orientations. Very little cold calling on my end because my manager had a good relationship with the school districts I was working at. Good way for anyone to start the business and build their book. 403(b) cases are very easy to close because teachers need it anyways. AXA is a good place to start your financial planning career especially if you are fresh out of college and do not have any high net worth people in your natural market.

Cons

Unlike other companies, AXA does not provide you with marketing materials or pay for your seminars. They also make you buy the companies laptop and get your own printer. It gets very expensive, because you do alot of driving if you are in the RBG market. Also, after 3 years if you are in your "pop" contract, you will have to start paying for your cube...yes your cube...and mine costs a little over $700 a month. Alot of other companies will not make you pay for your cube and if they do its only $50/month. You also cannot get an outside job...not even selling Mary Kay. I left AXA because I feel like even though they had good training and connections with the school district, they were not generous with their employees compare to other insurance companies. AXA also does not paid as much as some other companies.

Advice to Management

Push and teach your reps to sell more than 403(b)s early on. If not they will find themselves working very hard for very little.

Financial advisors

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You need to have a wide network, know a lot of people. Prospecting, social event, network event. You need to like meet with prospect. They coach you.

Cons

They don't care what you did, always ask what is next. You need to work lot of hours. You will pay extra bonus, but is work at commision. The don't advertisment at media, so people didn't know about company.

Not so good

Pros

flexible timing and having your own schedule.

Cons

no training and have to build your own book of business from start and no one to help you.

Advice to Management

They should definitely improve their management level.

Best Career

Current Employee - Financial Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at AXA for 1 year now, started right out of college. Like everyone says, its the industry you're in, not the company you work for. I absolutely love working at AXA. I am the top B classer in the state right now, I've made $62K in my first 6months and only $3k came from natural market. I cold call a lot, around 1000 dials per week. It's a grind, and there's many times I want to rip my hair out, but it's worth it. I'm also the last one to leave every night. I have never left before 9:00pm on a weekday yet in my career. And always come in Saturday 9-1 to call, and sundays to get work done. I work at a top 3 branch so my perspective may be different because of the support, training, and systems we have in place. I'm not going to say AXA is the best company, but this is the best career.

Cons

Paperwork, Suitability, People saying they are "too busy", How long it takes to get a case to pay out

6. Is what you want to make it and how hard your gonna work

Current Employee - Advisor in Aledo, TX
    Current Employee - Advisor in Aledo, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Really is what you make it. Don't think their is another company that can match the early sales training.

Cons

Gotta get used to people leaving, but typical in this business. Costs to work their are pretty high once your over 5 years in (E class).

Advice to Management

Care about more than the top 1% performers.

7. customer service

Former Employee - Transaction Review Analyst in Clifton, NJ
    Former Employee - Transaction Review Analyst in Clifton, NJ

Pros

good people, great hours, busy,

Cons

benefits not that great, could be better

8. Run For the Hills

Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Ability to set your own schedule -Essentially starting your own business with little to no oversight and direction

Cons

Simply put, do NOT work at AXA Advisors. Let me start off at the pay structure. There is no base salary, whatsoever. This is ridiculous for a recent college grad with little to no savings. On the same note, you have to front the money for your tests (series 7 and 63/65/66) where EVERYWHERE else will actually pay for it. That is a lot of capital input for little reward. Next up: the support network. None. Reimbursements: AXA does not reimburse you for anything. Nothing. This is the only job where I had actual negative cash flows. All in the name of "starting your own business" which is such a joke in itself since most of your actual revenue will be split up amongst the higher members of your team (after you do all of the work sourcing the clients but the "big guns" come in for the close). On average, you are making far below minimum wage and the actual probability of success is fairly low. If you really want to try to battle it out and have a career in wealth management, then try Private Client Services at a bank or work at a RIA. In summary, do not work here unless you are super SUPER desperate and you literally do not have any other options.

Advice to Management

Completely revamp the company. Once word gets out about the racket that is known as "AXA Advisors", no one will want to work here.

Unprofessional office culture. Little managerial or team support.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Brighton, Monroe, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Brighton, Monroe, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Uncapped earning potential and good benefits, flexible work hours You get a base salary the first two years

Cons

Constantly driving, doesn't make up for commissions in the 403b market.

Advice to Management

Prep meetings better with new advisors, This is how you lose cases.

You need to know a lot of people to make good money

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is not a Job, you are are business owner. with all the pros and Cons that will come with that. This is a very challenging Job. It helps if you have a strong natural market, i didn't really know anyone so it was very challenging. I've been here for about a year and I work a lot to stay working here. I averaged around 60 hours per week. The pay is good if you can get a lot of clients 30% bonus on top of your PCS. My gross my first year was about 37k minus expenses that more like 31k. be ready to have at least a year of savings before you start, usually it wont pay anything significant in 6 months.

Cons

my expenses were high since once you contract you pay 85 for the tech package, all your marketing, E/O insurance (250) gas and remaining expenses i averaged about 560 per month. Once you become more established you pay for more stuff, like share the staff salaries, cube space and other things. That will depend on the development of each advisor.

11. Control, Flexibility, Hard Work

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Set your own schedule and you get paid for your results. This is not the place to hide behind your computer screen. Nearly 100% commission which for those of us who build great relationships and deliver results to our clients means handsome compensation. The non-tangible income you receive from helping people retire, send their kids to college or protect them in event of disability or death is priceless. Clients really appreciate what you do.

Cons

You must work 60 hour weeks for your first 3-5 years to build a practice. From what I see most people are not willing to put in this time and not earn much commission. Must make short term sacrifices for long term returns.

Advice to Management

Need to make it easier for new associates to launch in the career.

RSS Feed </> Embed