AXA Advisors

Updated December 18, 2014
3.3

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries
Henri de Castries

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money) (in 8 reviews)

• Creating your own work schedule/ Flexible Hours (This is not a 8-5 job) (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary, heavy sales focus, no formal training (in 8 reviews)

• I would suggest buying a book of business, starting from scratch can be daunting (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Fraudulent and Unethical

Former Employee - Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were no pros at this place of employment. Very disturbing experience.

Cons

In my time at this company I witnessed numerous client complaints from unsuitable investment recommendations and poor customer service. There reports of dishonest activities, taking advantage of customers, driven by greed with a total disregard of industry regulations. You can read about illegal kickbacks and ponzi schemes with charges and litigation pending. The sales force does not meet regulatory requirements to conduct business as registered investment advisors. Testimonials from employees and customers reveal disturbing facts about compliance violations, unethical behavior, and criminal activities.

Please go out of business.

Insurance Sales is all you'll be incentivized to do...

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Autonomy to create your own schedule etc...

Cons

Somewhat deceptive management and sales tactics. Cold call or hit up your personal contacts to see who wants to buy 1) Life insurance 2) Annuities... that's all this gig is about.

Be Honest

Financial Advisor Program

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sponsorship for the series 7

Cons

You are not even a part time worker until you pass the series 7, then you are only part time until you do enough business to go on contract full time, then congratulations, you have to pay your your desk space and E&O insurance. You cold call all day to sell bankers and lawyers variable insurance or annuities, that's it.

Managers are idiots that know nothing about the markets. All they know how to sell is insurance and annuities. They sell YOU in order for you to agree to come onboard, the entire process is smoke and mirrors. Dont believe a word they say.

Exploits new recruits than toss away

Current Employee - Financial Professional in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Professional in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is absolutely nothing good about this company. Wish I could give 0 stars.

Cons

Everything. They continually hire new people to exploit their natural market and once they are out there is absolutely zero support from the company and pushes the out. There is no chance of turning this into a life long career.

Financial advisor

Former Employee - Advisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good group of people worked there.

Cons

Everyone that succeeded was a lair and didn't care about clients.

Terrible

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Looks alright if this is your first experience

Cons

No structure, cold calling, don't learn anything

Is this an internship

Waste of time

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are motivated and really want to make money

Cons

Management is inept, no support is given whatsoever, you need to fight to earn the right to get paid a salary - and then they ridicule you if you try and choose it, management is clearly trying to just suck people dry and move on

Rethink the entire way you do business

Don't fall for the lies...

Former Employee - Financial Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Earned and was reimbursed for my NY Insurance license and my Series 7 & 66 exams. Received some valuable insight into the workings of the financial industry.

Cons

I almost went bankrupt and nearly had a nervous breakdown. Spent the last month or two just spaced out, staring at my computer screen and wondering why I didn't continue studying to be an accountant.

Highly aggressive sales and prospecting environment that encourages use of deceit and intellectual property misappropriation such as lifting corporate directories from conference rooms at target companies to gain access to prospects. Managing VP's tacitly condone misrepresenting relationship between AXA Advisors and other companies to add false legitimacy and get appointments. Advisors are routinely expelled/ banned from office buildings.

You have to sell your soul to be successful. I saw through the lies pretty fast but was in deep denial, and chased a few opportunities that did not pan out. Hours are not flexible in reality, because your managing VP will guilt you into being there 12 hours a day.

Watch out for the full of himself guy that has hair like a troll doll.

Clean house, it's not just about the money but also integrity. Put the rotten apples in the trash.

Not what it seems after you get there

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good training if you are new to the industry

Cons

All promises made in the beginning are not necessarily true. All the leads that AXA is supposed to give to you are either old, or have been recycled so many times by all of the advisors who have come and gone. VERYexpensive, all costs of doing business, office, ink, printer, postage, computer back up , computer phone etc etc is charged to the advisors.

Be honest about the costs of being an advisor at AXA. The way it was explained to me made it sound very minimal and easy to "work off" on a monthly basis, not true at all. You are either micromanaged or left totally alone depending on who your manager is, neither one provides a productive environment.

I paid for my Series 7 & 66 so my managers had no vested money in me and if I worked out great if not oh-well.

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you have 3-5yrs, work 10-12hrs, love smiling & dialing & live at home you might make it.

Cons

You eventually pay for your space, computer, etc. & if you are producing and actually making a living But, however, don't meet your current year goals you could be let go, even after 2yrs...

Have a vested interest, help create business, build/demand teams and be part of the teams and if their is someone that has knowledge of a certain area of the business/financial markets harness/hone in on it. This way AXA will not be a swinging door company..