AXA Advisors

Reset

1. anonymous

Former Employee - Financial Professional in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in Dallas, TX

I worked at AXA Advisors (More than 5 years)

Pros

None it has very limited management leadership

Cons

Most unprofessional Company I have ever dealt with

Advice to Management

Start over

Made good money before getting burnt out.

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Financial Representative in Roanoke, VA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging, lots of educational opportunities for learning, great support system, pay can be very good if you are committed, no experience is the same. Manager was extremely supportive, helpful and determined to see his employees would succeed. Run your own business. Also opportunities to work and split commissions with experienced senior advisors. If you can find a relationship like this it can be very rewarding both in experiences and money.

Cons

Costs associated with employment are very high as you have to pay for most of your technology costs and other items. Not something you can do on your own until you've done joint meetings with a senior advisor for a while to learn how to run meetings on your own. You must be on the phone constantly in order to schedule meetings and create business. Getting licensed can be a challenge if you do not have a business degree or financial services background. Too much freedom if you need direction as you schedule run and operate your own business essentially. Commission can be intermittent to start out with so you must be good at budgeting and saving money. To

Advice to Management

No advice. This is just a job where you must be committed to creating your own success. Can be very rewarding for the right person but boring and tough to tread above water if you're not.

3. Not for Everyone.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people working for AXA are some of the best. You will receive great support and truly feel like a part of the team from day 1 in the office. Plenty of room to grow your business if the situation is ideal.

Cons

Majority of business comes from 403b market; which lends itself to minimal commissions. It is all luck of the draw as to whether you are assigned a blooming market or a neutral to declining one.

Advice to Management

Focus more on tangible business strategies rather than preaching about intangibles. While important, having actual implemented strategies lead to better results than simply teaching someone "How to succeed."

Great Place to Build a Financial Services Career

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After a year of interviewing various large and small financial services firms in the Washington, D.C. area I decided to enter the industry and build my practice with AXA. The leadership of the D.C. branch comes from a position of industry experience and success. It is important to me to have a leadership team that made the commitment to build their own successful financial practices and prove themselves in the industry, so that I can be confident in their guidance and advice in building my own practice. What is very appealing and encouraging with this firm is the office culture is one that emphasizes joint work with experienced advisors, comprehensive training, and most importantly self accountability in building my practice. I'm very happy with my results and experiences at AXA.

Cons

Entering the financial services industry as an advisor working directly with clients is challenging. Challenging not just at AXA, but at any financial firm. This can be frustrating. Work-life balance is tough to start out because it takes time and commitment to build a successful practice. However, once your practice builds momentum the work-life balance improves greatly and provides more flexibility than any other career I have worked in. A challenge that I experienced is that coming on board is not taking a job, but building a practice. That mental shift from being an employee to being a business owner building my financial services practice was a bit of a struggle, but it is essential to understand to be successful.

6. I work in Troy and the management is incredibly supportive and I look forward to continuing to grow as an advisor.

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Troy, MI

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Both the management and executive management have been very supportive. The atmosphere is awesome and the support staff will go out of their way to help you.

Cons

i do not have any cons about this job. Is it hard absolutely, do you work long hours, absolutely, but when you help someone take care of their future, it is very cool.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to keep doing what you are doing. I don't have anything to say about the CEO bevause I do not know enough to do that.

7. intern

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

They have a very flexible work schedule. Laid back culture, allow you to work when you want. They offered to sponsor my I-9.

Cons

I barely learned anything while working at AXA Advisors. Essentially, all you do is call 1000s of people to try to get them to work at AXA and to get customers to meet with a representative for a yearly summary.

Advice to Management

Give interns more work.

8. Summer Internship

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Banos, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Banos, CA

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Great work environment. Management and employees are friendly and happy to talk and help you with what you need.

Cons

I was mostly assigned to do menial tasks and my day-to-day was the same almost every single day. Other tasks that I was assigned were not particularly exciting. Perhaps the only thing that I got out of this internship was that I don't want to go into the life insurance industry

9. Caution

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Great management support. Good education

Cons

Extremely expensive overhead charge for all advisors. No return on the charge. Limited products. Must seek 3rd party products constantly to be competitive or to even have a client solution. Commissions are low. Split too many ways.

10. There are a lot of great people that work here that want you to succeed.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is very laid back environment. If you need to take care of a personal issue than you are able to take care of it.

Cons

Very unorganized and there is no concise plan for a new hire to succeed.

Advice to Management

Have a more clear plan for your new hire to succeed.

11. Sale, Sale, Sale

Current Employee - Financial Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors (More than a year)

Pros

there are no pros, they don't help you get clients, the training is a joke, and they fire you if you don't hit quotas also they have a big turn over rate.

Cons

you must pay for you licenses and they only reimburse a 80% and managers are there to take advantage of you.

RSS Feed </> Embed