AXA Advisors

Reset

Rewarding!

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Albany, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited potential to build your book of business as fast and as big as you can, unlimited product offerings, great culture of hard work and dedicated advisors

Cons

It's very hard at first, starting from scratch and having to learn to be a financial advisor overnight, training program helps overcome a lot of the fear but still hard work

Advice to Management

Great culture, management does a good job letting people do their own thing if they're doing well, but also helps people if they are struggling

Excellent opportunity, provided with all that is necessary for success

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Eat what you kill. For those individuals who possess great ambition such as myself, this is the perfect platform to create an income to suit your lifestyle. For those who prefer an average lifestyle making a comfortable base salary, you have entered the wrong industry. "I am a lion; I rather starve in the wilderness than be fed in a cage." -Rewarded for your efforts. It is very easy to see the differences in character regarding an employee who makes $35k a year and is destined for failure versus one who makes $700k a year. You WILL make $150k your first year if you are a person who strives for greatness. -Not once was an attempt made to tap into my natural market. -Great leadership from my manager in developing the habits of successful people. I cannot speak for any other manager, however if you do not feel your manager is up to par I cannot imagine it is too difficult to seek a transition. -Team support alongside friendly yet fierce competition.

Cons

-Around a 90% turnover rate. If you lack self-motivation and determination, are not hard-working, pessimistic in nature and tend to make excuses on a regular basis--you will fail. Please save your time and find employment featuring a stable salary. This industry is not for the weak of mind, the turnover rate is incredibly high for a reason. If you can envision yourself making the excuses seen in many of the posts on this page, written by failures who cannot own up to their faults--I am speaking directly to you. -There are some rotten apples as in any office, it is difficult to understand how some made it through the interview process. Perhaps I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but laziness is evident from the manner a person dresses and conducts themselves--as well as their attitude towards life. -Start up costs among other fees. Not really a con considering these are involved in any business venture in addition to the fact that you are investing in your career and book of clients--but again--this is geared towards those who tend to make an excuse for their own failure. What is $3k to a $1M+ producer? A single fitted suit?

Advice to Management

Become slightly more selective in the interview process. I understand the desire for equal opportunity, but simply performing well in an undergraduate program is not enough to identify one who will be successful in the financial services industry.

3. Axa provides great support and training

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Training. Managers care about their advisors. Great platform and products

Cons

Not the greatest salary but easy to make money

Advice to Management

Require slackers to make more calls

AXA Advisors - Great opportunity for growth and a sustainable financial services practice.

Current Employee - Fianicial Professional in Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Fianicial Professional in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Scalable Business Model Great Benefits (401K, Health, Alternative Platforms) Unlimited Pay Mentorships Family Office Environment Flexible Time Schedule

Cons

Difficult startup for your practice No Salary (complicated) Confusing products and services If not pursued properly; Limited Education Not the "sexiest" financial organization.

6. I work in Troy and the management is incredibly supportive and I look forward to continuing to grow as an advisor.

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Troy, MI

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Both the management and executive management have been very supportive. The atmosphere is awesome and the support staff will go out of their way to help you.

Cons

i do not have any cons about this job. Is it hard absolutely, do you work long hours, absolutely, but when you help someone take care of their future, it is very cool.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to keep doing what you are doing. I don't have anything to say about the CEO bevause I do not know enough to do that.

Financial Consultant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at AXA Advisors (More than a year)

Pros

AXA allows you to be your own CEO while backing you with all their resources and training. They work hard to provide all the tools needed to be a successful advisor.

Cons

If you don't like working hard, then forget working here.

8. Fantastic intern experience

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Develop outstanding entrepreneurial instincts; good exposure to financial services industry; fun group of people to work with.

Cons

You probably only will identify cons if you aren't the type that would enjoy insurance sales and financial planning.

Financial Advisor

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of very smart people as colleagues (lawyers, CPAs, CFPs) Excellent pay structure if you are good with people and willing to actually work hard Very flexible schedule Management seems to really care about the advisors

Cons

This is NOT a good place to work if you are timid, shy, or lack confidence in your abilities Would love to get more company-generated leads, but that's probably why they pay so well versus banks and other competitors

Advice to Management

Consider moving training to much earlier or later in the day so that it doesn't conflict with prospecting time. Otherwise, keep up the great work!

10. AXA

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Great Career opportunity / Good managers

Cons

hard work to get started, but pays off at the end

Great place if you work Hard

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

I've been in the industry for over a decade and have not seen a better Firm to grow with. The company has great products and allows you to focus on whatever is best for your client. The pay plan is really good for smart, hard workers. The local agency does has a lot of mentors to help new advisors. All I can say is that you have to be passionate about helping people grow their wealth and protect assets. If you are smart, passionate and willing to go out and work there isn't a better career.

Cons

First couple of years there is a lot to learn. Licenses can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Don't hire salespeople and focus on hiring people that get exciting about building a business

RSS Feed </> Embed