AXA Advisors

Updated December 8, 2014
3.2

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries
Henri de Castries

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money) (in 8 reviews)

• Creating your own work schedule/ Flexible Hours (This is not a 8-5 job) (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary, heavy sales focus, no formal training (in 8 reviews)

• I would suggest buying a book of business, starting from scratch can be daunting (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall Good Company if Independent Self Starter Personality.

Former Employee - Financial Professional
    Former Employee - Financial Professional

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of Benefits, Lots of Upside if are good at sales and want tobe a financial planner. Great Health, Dental, 401k, commission structure, stock options, pension & indpendence. People earn anywhere from $25,000 to $500,000 plus.

Cons

Company owns your client base. Company claims as being an independent but pushes you to sell proprietary products via commission structure. Not very team oriented environment.

Should give District Managers more incentive to keep reps for long term vs. inheriting their book/client base when leave.

Its been a life changing experience that has helped me build a practice of my own with many advanced resources.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

+ No grid pay structure, same if you are a 50K producer or a 500K producer
    + Allows you to sell what's right for the client not what you can only sell them
    + Opportunities to move up in management
    + Great Benefits for long term investments
    + Marketing and Planning resources provided by branch and company
    + LPL and AXA working together, giving you independence with your investments and the big name of AXA behind you
    + Support in the Edison office from BMs, DMs, and Experienced Advisors

Cons

+ just like every other company, difficult to build a business, but just remember to prospect in many ways
    + Exams take time

Great exposure in a tough industry

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Management is understanding and capable. Lots of room to move around and gain exposure in a difficult financial services industry.

Cons

Financial services is a really difficult industry to get established in. I would suggest buying a book of business, starting from scratch can be daunting.

"AXA Advisors is where I started my career"... "I can easily say it is where I will likely finish"...

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

AXA Advisors is where I started my career and after just 3 short years, I can easily say it is where I will likely finish it. A company is only as good as the people who comprise it, and I will say the people that make up our organization are truly amazing. In a day where financial services companies seem to offer any and every product and service under the sun, AXA Advisors has been able to differentiate itself through its innovation, dedication and support. The platform we operate on is extensive, the level of training is unparalleled, and the resources available to a 24 year old financial professional are unmatched. When I started, if you would have told me I would be teaching CPAs and attorneys about certain elements of complex trust and estate planning strategies across the country, I would have thought you were crazy. The leadership, management, and resources backing our firm allow me to not only work in that space, but to thrive in it.

From a compensation standpoint, I have found AXA Advisors’ payouts to be amongst the most competitive in the industry. The potential for virtually unlimited compensation and my entrepreneurial spirit allow me to work when and where I desire and ultimately say, "If it's to be, it's up to me."

I have been truly blessed to come into a situation with phenomenal leadership, excellent systems, and a career opportunity where the demand for what I do appears to be increasing exponentially as the baby boomer generation continues to age. I believe that successful people will be successful regardless of the situation they are in. AXA Advisors enables those types of individuals to truly impact the lives of hundreds if not thousands of people, while providing the potential for substantial income.

Cons

Describe some of the downsides of working at AXA Advisors

Offer some advice or feedback to the leadership at AXA Advisors

Great place to work - very rewarding

Current Employee - AXA Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - AXA Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Tremendous opportunity for earnings growth if you are willing to work hard. Great support early on in the career - excellent training program. Managers help you to get used to the sales process. Excellent marketing support. Team oriented environment.

Cons

you have to be willing to work hard to make it, but there is great support to do so. Once you grow your practice to a certain level it gets a lot easier.

Growth and Flexibliy If You're Ready to Work Hard

Current Employee - Vice President in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

You control your schedule. You control your career growth. You control your income. Tremendous long term earnings opportunity.

Great client interaction and a great platform to help client achieve their goals.

Great teamwork and great people. I'm proud to work for AXA and feel rewarded for my hard work that is paying off.

Cons

High stress level at beginning of career.

Overworked and underpaid for the first 2-5 years of your career.

May have to cold call when you start unless you have a strong support group of people who are open to doing business with you and/or provide you with referrals.

The industry flaw is how challenging it is for new associates to begin their career. Associates need help financially when they start and if they are not adequatly capitalized, they may fail.

Technology could be improved.

Great company with great opportunities and the ability to earn high income

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

* Top financial advisor platform in the business
    * High payout
    * Support & education in your future and future endeavors
    * Communication of new investment strategies & products

I started my career at AXA directly out of college 5 - 8 yrs ago and it was the best decision I had ever made. I'm now earning well over five figures (almost six) and very happy with the opportunities in front of me. You hear a lot of bad reviews about AXA. Most of that really comes from people that have failed and blam it on AXA. This is your own business. You have to put in time and work hard. They just don't hand you clients and say here enjoy. People think that it is ok to work 10 - 5 and things should work out. It just doesnt work that way. So if you are truly a hard worker and want to build your own career, AXA is a great place that will support you.

Cons

* Technology isnt always the top notch

Great Place to work

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Relaxed co-workers make it an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Not standard office hours, stayed there very late some nights

It was great to experience the professional environment.

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

It was a friendly place to work, and everyone was supportive when I needed help.

Cons

The hardware (computers) need to be updated because it was too slow.

Buy new computer monitors please.

Great company to start a career as a Financial Advisor

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

The RBG is a good way to get into the biz because they give you a market
    The model works as long as you work hard at it
    Great culture with a fun team and young, energetic management
    Excellent training, which really helps a newbie

Cons

Long hours, not a lot of pay in the first couple of years
    Get ready to drive a lot in the Metro area
    Some of the sales campaigns are a real stretch to hit

Make the campaigns more attainable for new advisors
    Focus more on investment training
    Get advisors more involved in community events