AXA Equitable

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Equitable Chairman and CEO Mark Pearson

Mark Pearson

Pros
  • Some areas offer work-from-home arrangements, which is great schedule flexibility(in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits, nice location (Jersey City), some nice work colleagues(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management has clicks like high schools(in 7 reviews)

• Blatent favoritism; lack of communication within department(in 4 reviews)

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Kind and Gentler Employer

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThe culture is easy going very casual dress code no need to ruin suits by siting at a desk all day. Even top management wears Levis and a collared shirt.

Good Benefits, generous time off and they want you to take it, good work life balance, profit sharing and you can grow with the company.

Management is open to hear about what you know from other companies and build best practices.

ConsInsurance companies all have red tape you have to know it from the start.

A little slow to set up technology on new hires, the help desk is outsourced overseas frustrating getting the answers off the screen. Takes a few tries to get someone who gets it solved but they are polite.

Advice to Senior ManagementControl red tape.

More tech people in the US.

Be strong leaders and stay as kind as you are to your employees, this is a darn decent place to work.

Intersting Experience (Not Diverse)

Software Asset Analyst (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsAXA has a great work share program that allows employees to work from home.
    AXA has access to the best technology used in the insurance industry.
    AXA allows contractors to participate in big budget projects
    AXA has a great over-time compensation policy for contractors

ConsAXA has outsourced most of their positions if you are Indian or White you will get a job.

Here is the racial demographic broken down by percentage 50% white 20% Indian and 20% Asain 7% Spanish and 3% African American.  If, you are African American do not show you are proud to be African American. African American women do not wear your hair natural. AXA has allowed a culture of negativity and racism that has been displayed in their hiring practices, and business culture. While, at AXA, they watch look over my should to see what I work on and listen to my telephone conversations. I overheard an openly racist conversation while sitting at my desk. They made statements that "African Americans did not not attend college and do not work hard. Then someone stated to a colleague you should be happy you lived in middle America "there were we no blacks."

I would not recommend AXA their subsidiaries to African Americans. This company is not the best option for them.

Advice to Senior Management1 - AXA should implement a diversity training for management and employees.

2 - Hire African American women for other positions besides administrative assistant. African American women have degrees that qualify them to work in professional positions.

3 - AXA needs to pay their onshore employees based on the cost of living in the city they are employed.

4 - Develop and implement a mentor program for employees with 2-5 years work experience who want to train or transition into another position or management.

Work 24/7 to get the job done - rewarded by given more work

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsWork from home benefits is the only thing worth mentioning.

ConsThe most dedicated and hard working employees don't get any recognition for their hard work. So many jobs have been outsourced that the people left in the company are working 24/7 to get the jobs done because this program isn't as successful as management believes it is.

There is definitely favoritism. Some departments are getting promoted just for showing up to work every day, not for doing an outstanding job. Management has stripped down each area to the point that if one person leaves, it cripples operations. Only certain departments are allowed to hire consultants to help meet deadlines.

Everyone has shared workspace regardless of their position/title. It is impractical and inefficient, especially when there is space available for everyone. You could imagine how productive it is to sit in an office with someone who is on conference calls all day. The staff has to look for a place to sit when their cubicle isn't available.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Scope survey is certainly skewed, employees are not happy with the direction the company is headed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hinders your career path

Senior Associate (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsCompany as a whole is okay. The company values its customers.

ConsGroup was terrible. Was stuck doing admin work the whole time there. Was promised in the interview that I would specialize and there would be room to grow. There was never an opportunity to grow my career. Management selected their favorites from day one and they were the only ones allowed to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to value their productive skilled workers. Not treat them like little kids. Wouldn't hurt to get compensated well either.

Good work life balance.

Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsFriendly people. Laid back environment.

Consoutsourcing too much. Too many rounds of lay-off

Advice to Senior Managementretain the talents

Avoid a company with this much of an old boys network if you want to go anywhere in your career

Human Resources Director (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsTravel to Paris
    Vacation time (5 weeks)

ConsHorrible culture, Lack of leadership, Products are not market leading, No trust at all

It ok to work here.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsIt is an international company

ConsThere are continuous changes in the company

Good experience

Manager (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsGood team of very professional people, the benefit package is above average to my knowledge; work from home option is a good alternative to extended commute

ConsLife work balance does not exist, it's too much load. No comp time regardless of overtime hours you put in.

Great company to work for, needs to work on visibility

Hiring/Licensing Associate (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

Prosgood benefits
    open, clear communication from managment
    good work life effectiveness
    pay is competitive
    management helps you with professional development

Consnot marketed well enough (compared to simliar companies like metlife)
    managment needs to stop being afraid to make a final decision
    moved most of employees to NJ
    every year for the past 2 years there have been waves of lay offs

Company Review

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsFlex time is encouranged by management

ConsNeeds to be increased focus on development of staff

Advice to Senior ManagementMobility with in the organinzation.

Worked for AXA Equitable? Contribute to the Community!