AZ Sourcing Reviews

Updated February 23, 2015
15 reviews filtered by
2.5
Elizabeth Mann

1. Exciting new Opportunity for Arizona. Very dynamic place to work.

Former Contractor - Marketing Strategy in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Contractor - Marketing Strategy in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at AZ Sourcing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

PhoenixMart the company's current project is one of the most exciting not just for Arizona but for the USA bringing together a global solution for wholesalers and retailers under one roof. Great location at Kierland. I enjoyed the constant change due to the dynamic nature of the company (most of the time). I really enjoyed my time with the team on the project.

Cons

The fast pace could sometimes be a little overwhleming

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work to get the project moving Arizona will benefit in the long run. Try to keep staff informed of changes and development.

Great working environment

I have been working at AZ Sourcing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone treats each other like brothers and sisters. They all have the same goal of making the company successful. They help each other on a daily basis and often on weekends as well. They love to gather together in meetings to share ideas and visions.

Cons

We all go through emotional moments in a big family setting.

Advice to Management

Keep on going! We Rock!

This is an amazing entrepreneurial company. Exciting challenges waiting for you to solve. Great place to be creative.

Current Employee - Lead Services & Leasing in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Services & Leasing in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AZ Sourcing

Pros

I love a challenge. All of my career I have loved working for a company that makes me think out of the box.

Cons

Because this is a new concept I must choose to work a lot of weekends to try to stay ahead of the game.

Advice to Management

Elizabeth Mann is one of the most creative and visionary individuals I have known in my 30 year professional career. She challenges you to be the very best you can be. I gave up my own successful company to be a part of her vision.

Quintessence of Management Incompetence

Former Employee - Director of Marketing in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Director of Marketing in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at AZ Sourcing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is in Kierland Commons in Scottsdale so there are lots of good lunch places around to hit when you are about to pull your hair out from frustration. Also, any job after this one is going to seem like a cakewalk.

Cons

Where to start... Management has no idea what they are doing. The entire business model was never vetted with potential customers and is one that I believe will ultimately fail (it is currently failing fast) I was also told on one occasion by an executive "You need to lie and cheat to succeed in business, that's the only way to survive" That quote pretty well epitomizes the culture surrounding this business. Lots of internal politics, pitting people against each other, lying, cheating, smoke screens, and throwing everyone under the bus constantly. No one is allowed to speak during company meetings. Have a good idea? Forget it, you will be told "no, no, no, all wrong!" One person makes all the decisions for every other position in the company in a severely negative micromanaging manner. You will often do exactly as you were instructed to do only to be told by management, "I never said that! you lie! What do you think you are doing? Show me a signature where I told you to do that! See! No signature! No proof! So, I never told you! Stop making terrible decisions!" When trying to describe a typical work day experience at this job the best words that come to mind are: emotionally and mentally abusive. Each new employee comes in bright eyed and motivated to take the company to new heights and start a very lucrative career along the way only to have their dreams slowly crushed over the next few weeks until their will is beaten into submission and they become a silent head nodding in meetings while dreaming of their next vacation. Racial segregation is rampant in the company and needs to stop. It's very inappropriate and unethical. I've never seen such high turnover in a company, that should be a red flag for you. It seems like once a month someone just snaps and decides "I can't take this anymore!" and puts in their 2 weeks. That finally happened to me. I can't even think of a salary amount that would have persuaded me to stay.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending like you have any idea what you're doing trying to build this business. Stop blaming your employees, fault only lies with the leadership. I'm not talking about just the managers and VP's, this advice goes all the way to the very top. Its been years of work and no results. You are operating under the exact definition of insanity: doing the same things over and over expecting different results. Stop threatening your employees with lower pay and termination. You've built a company full of enemies. The best thing you could do is give everyone 2 month severance, let everyone go (including every executive and manager all the way to the top), offer a tempting salary to an existing leasing manager of one of the other major trade marts in the country, poach them away give them 100% control of the company (meaning no one should be between them and the board of directors) and let them hire their own executive team and sales reps. If you can swallow your pride and do that, then the company might be salvageable and investors may get their money back eventually. Anything short of that probably won't cut it. Think I'm just an unsatisfied former employee? I would strongly encourage you to anonymously survey all the employees in the company for feedback and see what they say. Nothing clears problems up quite like honesty!

Complete disaster from beginning to end

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at AZ Sourcing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place for networking. Funding company is CAZRC and development company is I & G Management. Google Elizabeth Ning Yu Mann who is the CEO of these companies and has been the subject of at least two criminal investigations.

Cons

I had four different supervisors within the first five months of employment here.
    The sales department turnover was the highest I'd seen anywhere. There was never a clear direction within my department and if any progress was ever made the CEO would interject and make certain that we moved ten steps backwards. Impromptu meetings at the CEO's request seemed to drag on forever and no real objectives or solutions to ongoing issues were discussed. The CEO is a dictator and was not open to reasoning or logic. She led by using fear tactics and encouraged upper management to do the same. They will hire just enough employees to remain in good standing for the EB-5 investment program. I believe the company is a cover up for human trafficking. It is the most unethical and unprofessional workplace I've ever been a part of. I'm sorry to say that I wasted several months here.

Advice to Management

Upper management only cares about their paycheck and will do whatever they are told by the CEO to get it. They have zero morals and zero backbone. Most sat in their office and pretended to be busy when we all know they were not. They don't deserve any advice, they deserve karma.

A big fat LIE!

Former Employee - Anonymous in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at AZ Sourcing

Pros

None! Well the location was located near great restaurants and shopping.

Cons

CEO is bipolar, liar, and a micromanager. Executive team fear her or saying what is best for company. So there will never be progress!

Advice to Management

Value your employees and their experience. I'm sure the entire time I worked there no one especially the CEO had looked at my resume to see what I was good at. I was completely under utilized. The CEO is a tyrant who doesn't trust anyone. She micromanages and doesn't take input even from her executive, where most have more experience and talent. Stop giving 2-3 hour meetings about nothing or about "vision". Vision is useless if there is no execution behind it. Stop hiring employees! Especially Chinese ones who don't do anything. This place was very segregated and full of racial preference towards the Chinese workers. The CEO, Elizabeth, told us on numerous occasions that "Americans are lazy!" And Chinese workers were better.

This place is horrible and not worth the abuse that goes on. Stay away! No matter how nice it may look on the outside, EVERYONE IS MISERABLE HERE!

It was very easy and professional.

Current Employee - Laborer in Minster, OH
    Current Employee - Laborer in Minster, OH

I have been working at AZ Sourcing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the layout of the programs.

Cons

There were no cons that I saw.

Advice to Management

You have a very nice web site.

not ethical

I have been working at AZ Sourcing as a contractor

Pros

I can't think of any...

Cons

It's a horrible company to work for, not ethical, lots of prejudice and treat employees extremely unfair.and bad.. I also feel like the project is a big scam.

Horrid!!!

I worked at AZ Sourcing full-time

Pros

Opens your eyes to a multi cultural side of business practices

Cons

Appearance is everything , and lies and fabrications are rampant in this company. The CEO is a tirant . She has no idea what she's doing , they are going to dig theselves a huge hole of false promises to clients, employees and vendors. Don't get involved , this company is going to end in disaster. You will be disrespected , degraded and pummeled on a daily basis. Devel wears Prada

Advice to Management

Stand up for your employees!!! The problem IS with the management , they close their eyes to everything the CEO is doing , and will not defend you in any way...even when they disagree with the crazy CEO. You WILL go down too , and you will burn all your bridges if it doesn't change!! Read the reviews , we can't all be wrong when we say the exact same things!!! Open your eyes!!!

A grand project without the pragmatic will.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at AZ Sourcing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The idea is interesting, and if the company could get itself together, the project itself could be very big, very profitable, and very exciting.

Cons

There are a lot of complaints about management, which is somewhat unfair. Really, the main complaint lies in the CEO, who micromanages without actually understanding the processes involved in the project, without trusting the opinions of professionals she hires to carry out those processes, and without being capable of making up her mind on practically all decisions. As a result, the office environment is dysfunctional to the point of literal comedy. If the show The Office needs more material, they should perhaps film this one.

Advice to Management

Make up your mind at least once a week and then stick with it.