AZAD Technology Partners Reviews

1. Solid consulting firm

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at AZAD Technology Partners full-time

Pros

Well networked company. Always had continuous and interesting opportunities for me -- granted me the ability to take my career where I wanted. My Resource Manager and I had great open and honest communication. They always worked with me through professional and even personal obstacles.

Cons

No cons to share. I worked with them all the way to retirement. If you are interested in consulting, this is a great company to work with.

2. Unique Approach to Consulting

Current Employee - Software Developer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Portland, OR

I have been working at AZAD Technology Partners

Pros

Opportunity to work on a variety of projects that consist of varying technologies within different environments. Stability with long term projects. Company that is personable and engaged with you and your work.

Cons

Always could have better medical benefits packages and costs, however I understand that has become more challenging with healthcare industry.

Excellent company

I have been working at AZAD Technology Partners

Pros

Plenty of opportunities. Interesting work and exposure to different companies and technologies. Compensation reflective of market. Company with good reputation.

Cons

I have a longer commute, but I knew that going into it.

Bare bones and not particularly supportive / effective in their support

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Portland, OR

I worked at AZAD Technology Partners as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruiter is very, very personable. You'll get a little logo'd swag? Better to have a job than to not Plenty of communication. So much. No, really. Quarterly work socials at various locations ... maybe one in three convenient to where you will be working

Cons

No vacation days, no paid holidays, unwilling to offer them. Will try to lock you into a two year salary freeze regardless of the length of your contract. Prefer to put a happy face on a given work situation as opposed to take the word of the on-the-ground staff who are actually on assignment. Clearly don't actually read the 'required' weekly status emails, but then claim they do Your hiring contract will say 'irregardless' in the first few paragraphs. This is supposed to be a legally binding agreement. Ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Be aware that you are sending contractors into environments where they will be meeting with and talking to people from other companies. If they all have better deals (compensation, PTO, insurance, etc), your contractors will find out, grow resentful and jump ship. Get rid of the 'non-compete' clause. It is unenforceable in Oregon and makes you look like complete tools.

Extremely grateful to the company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at AZAD Technology Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working for AZAD Technology Partners as a consultant for over 10 years and at this time, I want to express how extremely grateful I am to the company. About 10 years ago, I accepted my first employment opportunity with AZAD and I was very pleased with my experience throughout the entire duration of the project, as I was exposed to numerous new experiences, technologies, and projects. The two subsequent projects were equally gratifying, with not even a week gap between projects. Additionally, AZAD’s management commitment and willingness to accommodate my professional and personal needs and requests, should it have been necessary, made it possible for me to focus on the tasks and successfully complete projects. Thank you again AZAD for the opportunities I have had the chance to work on for the past decade. I have appreciated working for the firm, and have always been grateful for the rapidity with which the management has been able to redeploy me. I certainly speak highly of AZAD when asked.

Cons

No cons to share at this time

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Project Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at AZAD Technology Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've found that the team at azad genuinely values me as an individual and accurately understands the potential I can bring to the clients that we serve. azad's professionalism is unequaled in today's workplace environment.

Cons

schedules are typically 40 hr work weeks - at times I am pressed to get things done on time, but it does make for a good work life balance.

Advice to Management

Appreciative of the ways this firm has contributed to my career.

Challenging & interesting projects, professional

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at AZAD Technology Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am nearing my 5th year working at AZAD. I’ve worked as a Consultant for various companies, but my experience at AZAD has been overall very fulfilling. This company is great example of how business should be conducted - with professionalism. They also have been a strong advocate for me since day one, which I greatly appreciate, and it they’ll work hard to ensure you are successful.

Cons

Health benefits are a bit expensive, but you do get what you pay for at least.

History of outright labor violations, lying, and unethical behavior

Former Contractor - IT Analyst in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - IT Analyst in Portland, OR

I worked at AZAD Technology Partners as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor would not let me give Azad zero stars.

Cons

Please read the reviews carefully: they read like a corporate marketing firm using sockpuppets to post reviews to Yelp. In my professional career in Portland (about 20 years), I have encountered many mediocre contracting firms--but had the misfortune of discovering how awful Azad was after I had worked with them for a little over two years. I personally know two professionals who were caught in Azad's "we have a new contract job for you" scam: they refused to return because their experience was so negative--and Azad turned around and reported them to the state: they lost their unemployment benefits shortly after that for not "accepting work". You'll probably not be too surprised to discover that a substantial number of HR grievances have been filed with the State of Oregon BOLI (Bureau of Labor and Industry). Another staffer on the same project hired an attorney to get her "retention bonus" from the company: they had a long history of not paying this bonus out due to "poor performance" ratings at the end of a contract. Hadi Asgharzadeh continues to be listed as the company principal: if you are a technology professional, stay far, far away from this firm: you're better off working for Kim Jong Un.

Advice to Management

Thanks to sites like Glassdoor, the unethical practices of your firm will be open for the world to see.

AZAD Technology Partners Response

Apr 11, 2014 – Adminstrative Assistant

At AZAD Technology Partners, the company encourages all and any feedback from employees and business partners as it is committed to providing the most professional services with the highest integrity ... More

What you see is what you get...

Former Employee - Consultant in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Consultant in Portland, OR

I worked at AZAD Technology Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very good at preparing you for interview with client. - Great communication from account manager and admin support staff. - Company relationships with long term clients provide long term consulting opportunities.

Cons

- The company asks for considerable commitment from you (i.e. if offered the position, you won't back out, negotiate further compensation/benefits, etc.) without making any commitments of their own, and before you have met the client. - Benefits are only adequate and are a bit more expensive than most, and most compensation plans include no vacation, holiday, or sick pay. That said, they are very upfront about this, so you should know what you are getting into (and negotiate appropriate rate/salary before hand). - They talk a great game about joining a "team of professionals", and try to emphasize how important people are to the firm. However, they will not provide any investment in you. - The non-compete (can't work for the client for one year after you TERMINATE (not start) services with AZAD and the client).

Advice to Management

Modify the non-compete to allow for potential contract to hire situations.

Nice personal touch

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at AZAD Technology Partners as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff is technology savvy as well as client knowledgeable. Work with the larger organizations in the region. Understand my technical skills as well as personal needs. Open communication makes it easier to work with Client, move to new opportunites with AZAD, etc.

Cons

Looking for long-term commitment; not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Better management than most - thanks!

RSS Feed </> Embed