Aaa Mid-Atlantic

Updated October 13, 2014
2.7

Aaa Mid-Atlantic President & CEO Bernhart Koch
Bernhart Koch

Pros
  • Fair work/life balance depending on your department and job requirements (in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits ( medical, health etc ) (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management needs to get their act together (in 3 reviews)

• Management and people are promoted based on who they know (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Former Employee - RACC in Hamilton, NJ
    Former Employee - RACC in Hamilton, NJ

I worked at Aaa Mid-Atlantic part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company and the supervisors truly cared about work/life balance, got along with all supervisors, work hard to help their employees happy

Cons

The actual job was far to stressful after a few years it takes to much of a toll.

Good work experience; Back of the pack mentality

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Aaa Mid-Atlantic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you've never worked in an office environment this is a good location to sharpen your admin skills. The combination of administrative work and retail can provide a gentle cross into more responsibility within an office environment.

Cons

While relationships among co-workers can be good, there are some who manage to skate by under the facade of credit card and insurance referral goals without actually doing any actual work. The job encompasses many avenues of the travel industry, but goals rely heavily on being able to upsell/crossell various unrelated products.

Based on the goals for these products, some can get their numbers in just two categories and hide away from having to fully interact with the rest of their job requirements. When business picks up, these individuals are not expected to participate in anything other than where their success lies. Placing additional responsibility (or just dumping it in someones lap) on those who have taken the time to fully understand the function of their job.

Coming in late, leaving early, taking multiple breaks are very common among the "in" crowd.

Favoritism, lack of leadership accountability, lack of leadership support, and negativity seem to be the more likely attributes of higher ups.

Create a more transparent and approachable leadership atmosphere. The divide that exists between those who have success and those that could use more support and assistance to achieve this success is vast. It permeates the office and has created a very bitter work environment.

As an Insurance counselor the Hourly rate and benefits are great, Commissions are good for top sellers. Sales goals.

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at Aaa Mid-Atlantic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits, Salary ,Work hours, Management

Cons

Have to acheive minimum Sales goals to keep your job

A good start or a good finish, not for the long haul.

I have been working at Aaa Mid-Atlantic full-time

Pros

The company is genuinely friendly to non-traditional families, and the educational benefit is very generous. Not very stuck on protocol internally. Even top management is very informal in everyday encounters. Benefit package is still pretty good.

Cons

No real effort to develop internal talent. Too many people interested in just keeping below the radar, no real push for excellence.

Get out of the office! Put down the spread sheets! See if the systems and policies are doing what you'd hoped by actually using them.

Great place for a long time career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Aaa Mid-Atlantic full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Team environment where people care about their co workers and customers. Good work/life balance in both word and practice. Competitive benefits package.

Cons

You have to be patient in terms of advancement. People do have the opportunity to move up here but it takes time.

Continue to interact with employees at all levels of the organization. Keep asking for feedback from the associates and act on it. Listen more!

Its ONLY OK! I feel the support and mentor from local management is poor and makes the job frustrating! UGH!

Ugh!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Agent in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Agent in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Aaa Mid-Atlantic part-time (more than an year)

Pros

PTO, 401K CONTRIBUTION, EDUCATION FUNDS BONUS BASED ON MEETING GOALS

Cons

I feel like its a thankless job and sales goals are unrealistic and there are too many goals. I give excellant customer service and feell I receive no recognition, but people who meet sales goals are praised! No insurance for PT employees.

Revamp goals and customer surveys!

Employment

I worked at Aaa Mid-Atlantic

Pros

Good, People, Good Customer Base, Management

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth

Wonderful People; Not So Wonderful Support for Insurance Sales

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Arlington, VA

I worked at Aaa Mid-Atlantic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working in the same "storefront" with my non-insurance AAA Mid-Atlantic co-workers. The whole office was fairly close and as supportive as could be. I miss the camaraderie and fun we had.
    As for the Insurace department and my manager when I was there, they were very supportive of my attempts to market AAA Mid-Atlantic as an insurance provider to a wider audience than just the "regular" AAA customer/member.

Cons

The sales systems were not sophisticated enough when I was there to keep other agents from "stealing" (on purpose or inadvertently) an original agent's customer or sale.

Prospective Employee

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Wheaton, MD
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Wheaton, MD

I have been working at Aaa Mid-Atlantic full-time

Pros

During the interview, everything sounded like a great place to work. People seemed very friendly.

Cons

The salary they advertise is not what they are willing to pay. I had communicated that the max advertised salary was my minimum. They offered $15k less and said they wanted to keep equity in pay across the board. Of course I came in with 30 years experience and their average insurance agent had 5 or less years.

Be honest with people during the interview process. I spent several hours that ended up being wasted.

customer service rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, DE

I worked at Aaa Mid-Atlantic part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are NO pros working for this company!

Cons

this company hires as fast as they get rid of people. If you do not sell, sell ,sell so that management makes their bonus WHICH IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT you will be out the door. This company has training classes starting every few weeks. You are just another warm body that WILL BE replaced.

Aaa Mid-Atlantic Photos