Aaa Mid-Atlantic

Aaa Mid-Atlantic Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Aaa Mid-Atlantic President & CEO Bernhart Koch

Bernhart Koch

Its ONLY OK! I feel the support and mentor from local management is poor and makes the job frustrating! UGH! Ugh!

Retail Sales Agent (Current Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsPTO, 401K CONTRIBUTION, EDUCATION FUNDS BONUS BASED ON MEETING GOALS

ConsI feel like its a thankless job and sales goals are unrealistic and there are too many goals. I give excellant customer service and feell I receive no recognition, but people who meet sales goals are praised! No insurance for PT employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp goals and customer surveys!

Employment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood, People, Good Customer Base, Management

ConsNot a lot of room for growth

Wonderful People; Not So Wonderful Support for Insurance Sales

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsI really enjoyed working in the same "storefront" with my non-insurance AAA Mid-Atlantic co-workers. The whole office was fairly close and as supportive as could be. I miss the camaraderie and fun we had.
    As for the Insurace department and my manager when I was there, they were very supportive of my attempts to market AAA Mid-Atlantic as an insurance provider to a wider audience than just the "regular" AAA customer/member.

ConsThe sales systems were not sophisticated enough when I was there to keep other agents from "stealing" (on purpose or inadvertently) an original agent's customer or sale.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK

Prospeople are friendly. good benefits.

Conshard to move up if not part of the in crowd

customer service rep

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Newark, DE

ProsThere are NO pros working for this company!

Consthis company hires as fast as they get rid of people. If you do not sell, sell ,sell so that management makes their bonus WHICH IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT you will be out the door. This company has training classes starting every few weeks. You are just another warm body that WILL BE replaced.

Headed in the wrong direction

Insurance Counselor (Former Employee) Scranton, PA

ProsPay is great if you are in the top 10 producers

ConsManagement is about the worst I have been involved with. A good house cleaning needs to happen in the Mid Atlantic area

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope your time is nearly up because you sure have a lot to answer for

Achievement ignored and mediocrity applauded

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

Pros- Generally friendly group at the Wilmington HQ.
    - Fair work/life balance depending on your department and job requirements. Unless you are working on a large project you are not typically required to work late.
    - Some roles have flexible hours and ability to work remotely.
    - Collaborative environment - especially amongst the early career set.
    - Good leadership at Managing Director, Director+ levels.
    - Well communicated goals. Fairly easy to define and measure individual success.
    - Business is moving towards insurance and retail products, giving the brand longevity.

Cons- Much larger competitive forces at work yet the largest competitor from a senior exec position was... other AAA Clubs or Holding Companies.
    - People who enjoy doing the bare minimum last for eons.
    - Management wowed by outside hires from reputable brands without examining actual ability.
    - TONS of pet projects for VIPs, wasting resources and time.
    - No talking adult to adult, everything has to be communicated pay-grade to pay-grade. Even if you are the expert in your particular area, you would be wise to have a network of people at varying grades to question, confront or even suggest issues.
    - If you are creative or ambitious in your work you will be praised and your ideas entertained but rarely will your vision be realized. If it is, be sure that middle management will take control of and credit for the work while simultaneously reducing it to a sad apparition of what once was.
    - Limited career options. You can really only work one career stage at a time there unless you make a long, long term investment or you are in an expanding department.
    - Some departments are good old boys clubs (Accounting, PR).

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at your Mid-Level managers and question their efficiency, ability and process. You have (mostly) excellent leadership from Directors and Managing Directors. There have been a lot of brilliant ideas and unbelievable opportunities that have been lost or mismanaged because of people who are no longer in touch with relevant technologies, research or best-practices calling the shots.

Give employees the ability to speak freely and openly by creating official corporate policies that encourage this (as opposed to spending money on failed suggestion platform after failed suggestion platform).

Treat your field employees better, because how you treat them is how they will treat the people who sign your paychecks.

Awesome co-workers, not so awesome job

Emergency Roadside Assisance Associate (Current Employee) Newark, DE

ProsLove my managers, supervisors, and co workers. Everyone in the office is helpful and friendly and we're all great friends. (Most) Supervisors care and want to see us succeed. There are monthly office parties and a ton of overtime.

ConsThe job itself is the major con. As an Emergency Roadside Assistance Counselor, you deal with people who are in high-stress situations that aren't always friendly or cooperative in providing the information needing to get them help. While there are some friendly and funny members, most people see a call reciever as a robot and don't really understand that we genuinely care and want to get them help.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of your stupid scheduling system. There are 50 people on the call floor on slow days and 7 people on the call floor on super ridiculous busy days.

Idiots training Idiots.. HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT !!!!

Retail Associate (Former Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsGood benefits ( medical, health etc )

ConsHorrible and Deplorable Management from the top down.. unrealistic goals ( managers tell you to "sell" products that they themselves cant even sell.. job is too big for amount of compensation you are paid, too many "job titles" in one, which creates too much work over load. Horrible , Horrible Training !! No employee loyalty at all.. can be a great employee and still get screwed, management doesn't even know how to do specific jobs that associates are hired for. management Is like talking to a brick wall, very unprofessional workplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementFIRE YOURSELVES !!!! Don't have such high "Goals" too much rolled into one position, have good trainers, weekly trainings, proper and good store management that knows each level of work/positions within the branch. Better IT, systems are outdated.. Company had great potential, Older employees said how great it used to be, then it changed for the worst !! just an awful place to be.. walking on eggshells and just a negative work environment

Not a place for a career

Tag and Title Coordinator (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD

ProsOk salary and benefits
    Free membership

ConsUnrealistic goals, poor management, lack of advancement opportunities, too slow to get rid of poor performers, too many politics for an organization it's size.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees suggestions. Improve the training for supervisors and management because too many in the retail supervisory and management positions seem to be seriously lacking in basic management skills. For what limited advancement opportunities there are, promotion seems to be based on who you know instead of how well you perform your duties. Communication is seriously lacking between supervisory, management personnel and front line employees. Depending on your position, there's too many layers of management. Quit being cheap about training your front line employees--skimping on training shows in the auto travel and travel agent surveys.

Worked for Aaa Mid-Atlantic? Contribute to the Community!