Aacres Reviews

Rex Garrett

1. Support staff

Former Employee - Support Staff in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Support Staff in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Aacres full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Variety independent work environment promotions working with people with disabilities

Cons

Concerned with others performance not enough feedback no proper grievance procedure

Advice to Management

More home visits to evaluate current employee performance

2. Avoid

Current Employee - Staff in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Staff in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Aacres full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

hours never a problem unless they hire too many people. overtime is usually available. PTO when ever needed unless you have a bad manager, not much contact with other co workers unless you work in the office. promotions are always available because pay is bad and hours are long.

Cons

hourly Pay is bad benefits worse then obamacare, no paid sleep time (illegal), they have been sued before for not paying sleep time. benefits get offered then cut months later after you have put money in. staffing is a revolving door same with management. you will be treated like dirt in meetings with the State and made into scapegoat. calling management for help you will be told that your are on your own.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers more, treat your co workers better and listen to your staff.

3. If you care for your child do not place them here.

Former Employee - Direct Support Staff in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Direct Support Staff in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Aacres full-time

Pros

Lots of overtime. I loved working with children. Some good training. Learned a lot about autism and how to work with the individuals.

Cons

I was fired because someone reported me to CPS, even though it was a pack of lies. No one from AAcres investigated the charge, they just fired me the next day. The program director never had a nice thing to say and when needed, no one wanted to call her. Over half the staff quit after one day of on the job training, and very little help was given but a lot of criticism. You had to prove your self and I really thought I had passed through the gauntlet when I was terminated. I went through an appeal process and naively thought that once the truth was made known I would get my job back, but in my final interview with their state HR she told me that because I was reported to CPS it was policy to fire the person that was reported. "You mean that the person that fraudulently made the statement to CPS gets to keep their job, but I get fired?" Yes, that's what it came down to.

Advice to Management

"Terminate" management staff and get someone who likes people and will help them not criticize. Be more loyal to the people that are actually working and not playing on their phone. Make sure of the truth before you make accusations that impact someones life, especially that of your your clients. If you do investigate make sure you get reliable sources of information.

CA-caregiver

Former Employee - Caregiver in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Aacres full-time

Pros

Lots of work Lots of hours Different locations

Cons

Management totally unqualified Indefinate suspensions when their mad at you You excell if your friends in office Lowest pay in las vegas

Advice to Management

Get with the programs you claim to follow you directly tell us to violate plans then write us up for the same Stop employing your inexperienced friends

6. Great Opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Pros

It was a great place to start off at. An incredible opportunity.

Cons

Didn't get a whoile lot of preformance feedback.

Advice to Management

Share more information with employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed