Aaon Coil Products

Updated Dec 14, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sam J. Neale

Getting much better. Pay is increasing for workers, we are no longer working 60+ hours a week.

Line Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aaon Coil Products full-time for more than a year

ProsNew president is really great. Still face troubles a lot of companies do, lay offs, some less-than-capable employees, but overall a decent place to work.

ConsSome employees seem to choose speed over quality, and letting other people deal with their mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementAaon is going in a better direction. keep on the path of quality and taking responsibility for mistakes.

I liked my job there, but the management left a lot to be desired.

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Aaon Coil Products full-time for less than a year

ProsThey have some good people working there.

ConsThe benefits are low-standard; the management treats most employees badly; a lot of the employees are usual grumpy & in a bad mood, and walking on eggshells, due to the attitude of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should revamp your management staff & find managers/supervisors who know how to talk to employees in a productive manner, & who won't take things personally when someone comes to them with an issue.

Terrible Turnover Rate, Treats lower level employees like dirt.

Line Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aaon Coil Products full-time for more than a year

ProsA small company that is constantly improving.

ConsTurnover rate of employees is extremely high for a multitude of reasons. 1. The pay is very low, especially for engineers. 2. They treat their lower level employees like teenagers that need to be constantly monitored and punished for bad behavior with no benefits for being a good employee. I have seen many people who were good employees and worked very hard for the company fired for coming in a bit late a few times. Obviously tardiness is undesirable, but the benefit of the employee to the company should be considered before firing is even an option.

Having said that, since the change over from Scott Absjornson as president to Sam Neale the relationship between management and the employees has improved significantly, but there is still a long way to go before it is on par with average companies of its size.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove or adjust the attendance points system. While it may seem to weed out people with tardiness issues, but it is costing you employees who have been focused and hardworking otherwise.

Aaon has been good to me

Warehoese, (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aaon Coil Products full-time for less than a year

ProsHire anybody, pay is determined by productivity in 4 week period.

ConsPoint system for attendance+behavior. After 4 you're let go from employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor warehouse dept. Have someone do bin lot detail at least once per shift to keep things organized, more efficient. Proper maintaining means parts are easier to find and products can get pushed out faster.

Worked for Aaon Coil Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aaon Coil Products reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aaon Coil Products CEO Sam J. Neale. All reviews posted anonymously by Aaon Coil Products employees.